PDA

View Full Version : MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE

08-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Better than the original, awesome cast and more holes than a Swiss cheese convention, but I fucking loved it. Go see it if you like Big Brother type movies with a dash of sci-fi.

xtc
08-15-2004, 11:38 PM
I heard it is a blast. The original had Angela Landsbury and Frank Sinatra in it. The Candidate from this one looks eerily like the candidate from the original.

SpunGirl
08-16-2004, 12:57 AM
I thought it was great. Meryl Streep is really creepy and does a good job - very believeable character.

-K

08-16-2004, 12:59 AM
Wtf?

Was Meryl Streep just a big stockholder of Manchurian corporation, or was she the head honcho controlling the whole operation?

SpunGirl
08-16-2004, 01:02 AM
Well, they contributed hugely to her campaign, so of course the "plot" involving her son being propelled to the forefront was run past her and she gave it the thumbs up, I think partly because of what she owed them and partly because she was a total political stage mom. She saw a guaranteed way to make her son the president and ran with it.

-K

08-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Okay!

And without revealing too much more I hope, I would just like to say how pissed off I am that they never find and kill Atticus Noyle.

SpunGirl
08-16-2004, 01:09 AM
Has anyone ever read "False Memory" by Dean Koontz? The whole reason I read "Manchurian Candidate" in the first place was because of that book.

The new movie does a good job of capturing the eerie-ness of the book. I've never seen the original movie.

-K