PDA

View Full Version : Chainspear et al MB $1

grossm
05-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Selling everything I own as a lot for actual money only. Just reactivated my account about 20 minutes ago to do this. Haven't played in close to two years and just remembered I have stuff that is worth money so I decided to get rid of it.

Primary items of interest are in bold and include a chainspear, several notable containers, some low level scripted stuff and alters, epic pimp suit which won me 1m at a fashion show in IMT Christmas 2010, and about 8.5m in coins. The rest is pretty much garbage, including the characters themselves. More info for specific items possibly available on request. Sorry for wall of text to ensue.

Character #1:

You are holding a segmented cobalt imflass partisan in your right hand and a golvern-bound spiked rolaren targe in your left hand.

You carefully inspect your cobalt imflass partisan.
After a careful inspection you determine that a segmented cobalt imflass partisan requires skill in polearms to use effectively. It appears to be a modified spear.
It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of imflass.

You analyze your cobalt imflass partisan and sense that there is no recorded information on that item. It may or may not be able to be worked on by a merchant alterer.
You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the cobalt imflass partisan for you.

Your cobalt imflass partisan lashes forth to its fullest extent, separating smoothly into long, kelyn-linked segments! With a quick flick of your wrist, you deftly send a cobalt imflass partisan head trailed by a shimmering kelyn chain into flight.
You throw an imflass partisan head at a lesser orc!
AS: +144 vs DS: +29 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +77 = +220
... and hit for 64 points of damage!
Well placed strike to back shatters vertebrae!
The lesser orc is knocked to the ground!
The lesser orc is stunned!
The partisan head is lodged in a lesser orc's back!

You deftly pull back on the haon partisan shaft, causing the partisan head to retract and clack back into place! A cobalt imflass partisan head trailed by a shimmering kelyn chain is torn violently from a lesser orc!
... 35 points of damage!
Strike to lower back stuns the lesser orc.
A lesser orc screams one last time and dies.
With a subtle skittering of fine chain, the cobalt imflass partisan is made whole again.

You are wearing a hooded black leather longcoat, a silver-traced leather bandolier over some ora-plated pyrothag hide brigandine, a pair of straight-legged grey twill pants, and some oxblood steel-toed boots.

A hooded black leather longcoat weighs one pound, holds 110, and is closeable. Show: Despite the faded and weathered appearance of this longcoat, it is well crafted and expertly tailored to provide an excellent fit. The sleeves and hem of the coat have frayed slightly, possibly from time spent traveling through rugged terrain. Two rows of small, tarnished veil iron buttons run the length of the coat, tightly securing it and protecting its inner pockets from prying hands and its wearer from harsh climates.

A silver-traced leather bandolier holds a medium amount, is worn over the front, and scripted.

In the black leather longcoat you see a pink-banded coquina shell, a brilliant fire pearl, a star sapphire, a twisted wand, a black silk undershirt and a white cotton undershirt.
In the leather bandolier you see a cracked mithril claidhmore, a spherical lupine blue vial, a white crystal, a misshapen silvery gourd, a maoral badge and a serrated skinning knife.

The teller thumbs through the books and says, "Your balance is currently at 7818546 silvers. Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

Your locker is currently holding 48 items out of a maximum of 50.
In the locker you see a heavy steel-banded trunk, a shadowy black knapsack, a black titanium shield, a flowing white robe, a flowing white robe, a flowing white robe, a flowing white robe, a flowing white robe, a flowing white robe, a dull black leather breastplate, a gold-fluted blue velvet vest, a glimmering grey vial of dye, a large roll of silk, a large roll of silk, a burnished vaalin clasp (DEX/AGI giftbox enhancive), a shuttered brass lantern charm, a golden feather charm, a scorched leather breastplate and an ornate black oak storage chest.

In the steel-banded trunk you see some camouflage trousers, an age-darkened horn hilt, a black alloy moon axe, a glowbark greatshield, a sigil-etched wide silver armband, a raspberry cream ale case, a black-ora Lornon medallion and a small wooden keg.
You tap some grayscale camouflage trousers cut off at the knees in a heavy steel-banded oak merchant's trunk.

A shadowy black knapsack is shoulder worn, weighs one pound, holds 70, and is closeable.

One of the breastplates is 2x and temporarily MCP (low charge).

In the oak storage chest you see a tweed jacket, a luxurious deep black bandana, a solid ebon deathstone stud, a silver-set despanal spike, some dirty glass shards, a series of fractured bone shards, a smooth stone, a squared dark invar needle and a pinch of powdered iron filings.

A pimp suit includes scripted jacket, suspenders, and cane, and sexy cologne

You remove a blue-grey tweed jacket with an upturned collar from in your oak storage chest.
In the tweed jacket you see some dapper black leather suspenders, a ruby-tipped fel cane, a black satin hat, a matte black bowtie, a multi-hued glaes pipe, a silver monocle, a crisp white cotton shirt, a vibrant blue glass bottle, a dashing snake skin tophat and an exquisite pale grey silk handkerchief.
You sniff delicately at the blue glass bottle, and detect the faint scent of ozone, poignant and fresh.

Character #2:

The teller thumbs through the books and says, "Your balance is currently at 757362 silvers. Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

You are wearing a shadowy black pack, some scuffed golvern-toed workboots, a furry grey donkey mask, a polished coffin-shaped case, a leather collection kit, a crystal amulet, an elk horn headdress, and a quilled leather tunic.

In the black pack you see a bent villswood runestaff, a shadowy black mithglin breastplate, a crystal icicle armband, a mistwood circle torc, a wire-bound black diamond wristlet, a lapis-inlaid silver alloy torc, some rugged black pants, a patched ebony knapsack, some fluffy blue lint, a glass amulet, a glass amulet, a twisted gold ring, a narrow gold ring, a flawless gold ring, a cloudy blue potion, a pure white potion, a leaf green potion, a leaf green potion, a leaf green potion, a leaf green potion, a dark brown potion and a feras mattock.

Affixed to the coffin's lid, a burnished plaque reads, "Woe to the soul who finished Elvaria's Haunted Maze." Rich grey satin cushions line the inside of the case, keeping its contents safe until the hereafter.
You carefully inspect your coffin-shaped case.
You estimate that a polished coffin-shaped case can store a large amount with enough space for any number of items.
You determine that you could wear the case, slinging it across your shoulders and back. The case appears to serve some purpose.

In the coffin-shaped case you see a rune-etched dark vaalin armband, a serrated rolaren knife and a sorrel cloak.

You carefully inspect your collection kit.
You estimate that a leather collection kit can store a large amount with enough space for any number of items.
You determine that you could wear the kit, slinging it across your shoulders and back. The kit appears to serve some purpose.

In the collection kit you see a piece of jagged black mica, a large flat stone, a miniature iron cell door, a scuffed wine barrel, a miniature square stone tower, a catlike black stone woman, a bent piece of golvern wire, a cedar-bound folding toolcase, a cedar-bound folding toolcase, a twisted black vaalin wire, a rolaren-inset silver cube stud, a shadowy black vial of dye, a shadowy black vial of dye, a tooled leather tobacco poke, a squared dark invar needle, a simple register, a small iron needle, a cherry wine case, a small wicker basket, a stiff white cotton shirt, an opalescent glass flask, a jet black belt, a plain black belt and some dark spidersilk pants.

You carefully inspect your black pants.
You estimate that some rugged black pants can store a medium-sized amount with enough space for a couple of items.

You carefully inspect your golvern-toed workboots.
You estimate that some scuffed golvern-toed workboots can store a small amount with enough space for any number of items.
You determine that you could wear the workboots on your feet. The workboots appears to serve some purpose.
In the golvern-toed workboots you see a dagger, a dagger and a handaxe.

You carefully inspect your black belt.
You estimate that a plain black belt can store a small amount with enough space for several items.
You determine that you could wear the belt around your waist. The belt appears to serve some purpose.

You carefully inspect your jet black belt.
You estimate that a jet black belt can store a very small amount with enough space for a couple of items.
You determine that you could wear the belt around your waist. The belt appears to serve some purpose.

You carefully inspect your spidersilk pants.
You estimate that some dark spidersilk pants elegantly embroidered with silver drakes twisting up each leg can store a small amount with enough space for several items.
You determine that you could wear the pants on your legs. The pants appear to serve some purpose.

BriarFox
05-03-2013, 05:20 PM
$100. Account takeover?

Tyronebiggums
05-03-2013, 05:20 PM
300$

grossm
05-03-2013, 05:24 PM
I love money!

I honestly hadn't really considered an account takeover. How do they usually work?

HermieTheDentist
05-03-2013, 05:31 PM
$350

nichelas
05-03-2013, 05:35 PM

Tyronebiggums
05-03-2013, 10:51 PM

Methais
05-03-2013, 11:48 PM
I love money!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck

grossm
05-04-2013, 01:47 AM
Fo-fitty going once.

Manamethis
05-04-2013, 03:43 AM
I love money!

I honestly hadn't really considered an account takeover. How do they usually work?

After receiving payment you give the buyer the username, password and account security question. You can also email billing and ask them to remove your information so the new owner has to update the account at the next billing cycle.

Billing can also change your security phrase to something generic before you transfer the account if you don't want the buyer to have your security question answer.

Vorpodu
05-04-2013, 08:26 AM

grossm
05-04-2013, 11:47 AM
After receiving payment you give the buyer the username, password and account security question. You can also email billing and ask them to remove your information so the new owner has to update the account at the next billing cycle.

Billing can also change your security phrase to something generic before you transfer the account if you don't want the buyer to have your security question answer.

Thanks for the info. Account takeover is fine for anyone who was wondering.

Also, five hundo going once.

Jace Solo
05-04-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm assuming the actual characters are too small to matter?

Tgo01
05-04-2013, 01:30 PM

What you got against halflings?

grossm
05-04-2013, 02:17 PM

What you got against halflings?

Here is the big one. He's a boss with the chainspear but nothing you couldn't do yourself in 30 days. Other than his badass name.

Name: XXXXX Race: Halfling Profession: Ranger (not shown)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 94 (7) ... 94 (7)
Constitution (CON): 70 (20) ... 70 (20)
Dexterity (DEX): 66 (23) ... 66 (23)
Agility (AGI): 70 (20) ... 70 (20)
Discipline (DIS): 81 (10) ... 81 (10)
Aura (AUR): 85 (12) ... 85 (12)
Logic (LOG): 87 (23) ... 87 (23)
Intuition (INT): 77 (23) ... 77 (23)
Wisdom (WIS): 70 (10) ... 70 (10)
Influence (INF): 28 (-16) ... 28 (-16)
Mana: 52

XXXXX (at level 16), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 120 30
Combat Maneuvers...................| 82 18
Thrown Weapons.....................| 132 36
Physical Fitness...................| 82 18
Dodging............................| 78 17
Harness Power......................| 78 17
Survival...........................| 78 17
Stalking and Hiding................| 78 17
Perception.........................| 132 36
Climbing...........................| 50 10
Swimming...........................| 35 7
First Aid..........................| 78 17

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 3

Spell Lists
Ranger.............................| 15

Edit: The burnished vaalin clasp in his locker is a DEX/AGI giftbox enhancive which, as I noted in a thread around the time of their release (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?51118-Official-Folks-Flock-for-Feeder-Frenzy-Great-Giftboxes-Granted!&p=1089480#post1089480), can be transferred to a new character if you reroll in-game through the inn.

Double Edit: I also seem to have a vague memory of the brass lantern charm being an attuned teleporter of some kind.

Tri-Edit:>raise charm
You grasp your lantern charm by its chain and hold its light aloft.

The flame within the lantern builds and brightens, escalating rapidly from bright to blinding. A heady rush overcomes you as the charm's radiance suffuses your flesh and falls, like a glowing veil, over your vision. Heat blossoms within your core, and a soft voice promises, "While hearth and home are firm in your heart, they cannot be more than a breath away from your lungs."

All about you, lilac fire dances, and you feel as if you are a part of the flame. Just as you are about to give yourself to the wild euphoria of the light, a gentle but firm presence pulls you back. The flame dims to embers, which become naught but cinders that pirouette away to reveal your changed surroundings. You look around and see...

[Wehnimer's, Treehouse]

Vorpodu
05-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Just thought I should clarify my bid is for an account takeover

grossm
05-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Five hundy twice

grossm
05-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Last call at $500.

I'll call sold sold around this time tomorrow if there are no further bids.

grossm
05-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Bump for the final four hour stretch!

Middian
05-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Bah! $550

grossm
05-06-2013, 02:01 PM
An apparently begrudging $550 to Middian going once.

grossm
05-07-2013, 01:27 AM
Twice.

grossm
05-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Last call.

grossm
05-07-2013, 10:36 PM
And sold.

grossm
05-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Payment was sent via PayPal e-check, which PayPal tells me will take 3-5 days to clear. They recommend waiting for payment to clear before "shipping any items." Is this generally considered acceptable under these conditions, or is Middian good people and I should just give him the account info straightaway?

Middian
05-08-2013, 07:36 AM
It seems Paypal changed their payment methods. You cant gift like we used to. It was going to charge me $16 to use my debit card account, so I switched it to my bank account for a free charge.

vprmn123
05-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Middian is good people. You have nothing to worry about. I can also confirm Paypal recently change the way gifts are handled. I imagine this is from all the people sending gifts trying to avoid fees.

everan
05-08-2013, 10:44 AM
I'll vouch for Middian as well. I also noticed that there was no 'gift' button the last time I paid someone.

Tgo01
05-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Honest I'm surprised PayPal ever had a gift option that allowed people to avoid fees.

So what's the deal now with receiving payments via PayPal? It takes 3-4 days or is that only if someone doesn't have the funds in their Paypal account?

Helsfeld
05-08-2013, 12:21 PM
nah if you have money in your paypal account you can still avoid the fees its called money for family and friends not gift anymore but if its credit card they charge you

grossm
05-08-2013, 10:23 PM
A final GEM of wisdom as I leave you all forevar:

A crossbow version of chainspears should exist.

That is all.