PDA

View Full Version : Should cinemas be banned from showing 3D only versions of a film?

alaxwilson
05-02-2013, 07:46 AM
I ask, because I was going to see the new Star Trek film at Cineworld next month until I saw they were hosting 3D screenings only.

I despise 3D. I have no interest whatsoever in ever seeing a film of any kind in 3D. Call me old fashioned, but it's just not for me. I know even if I weren't so disliking of it I'd find it uncomfortable due to the glasses, so for me it's just totally no go.

Now, I'm not saying "ban X thing because I dislike it" but I am suggesting that in the name of being fair cinemas should be made to show both 3D and 2D versions of a film. I've seen many people say they either dislike 3D or find it inaccessible due to the uncomfortable glasses or sight problems, so is it reasonable to suggest cinemas which host 3D screenings only of some films are going so far as to be discriminating?

What do people here think?

Parkbandit
05-02-2013, 07:50 AM
I think the important questions to ask are... where the hell can I find some wholesale jewelry for sale and how much is it??

Overlord
05-02-2013, 08:34 AM
I agree with you on this one. I have been to a handful of 3D screenings because I had no choice, had I been given one I would have opted for 2D. I think discriminating is a bit excessive....but to be more conscientious of the broad range of cinema goers, and offer a choice. If anything hosting predominantly 3D screenings would only serve to drive those that don't wish to view 3D to another cinema.

This is what I do when bored at work? Fuck sake.....In the end it doesn't bother me enough to make me travel to see it in 2D lol

Gelston
05-02-2013, 08:56 AM
I love when bots actually post an interesting topic of discussion.

At the theater here, as far as I know, they've always had both version of a movie.

Gnome Rage
05-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Very rarely can I handle a 3-D movie. Usually they make me really sick to my stomach so I think I'd be pretty peeved if I went to see a movie and they only had 3-D showings... but that isn't really a concern here, no one is gonna pay 3 bucks more in this area for a 3-D movie so the closest theater that does it (that I know of) is 45 mins away lolol.

Except for HP 7 p. 2, that got shown in 3-D

Fallen
05-02-2013, 01:56 PM
I may be one of the few who actually prefer 3D over 2D. IMAX 3D is even better.

Allereli
05-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Depends on the movie, but if you hate 3d for non-medical reasons, give Life of Pi a try in 3d

Delias
05-02-2013, 02:48 PM
I only watch 3D films when they are about tractor parts.

cor aut mors
05-02-2013, 02:49 PM
I may be one of the few who actually prefer 3D over 2D. IMAX 3D is even better.

I love 3D movies. The BF & I took our kids to see the new Wizard of Oz movie, it was fun watching them try to reach out and grab the monkeys and such. :)