PDA

View Full Version : Annoyance with the money for quest/etc..

Ilvane
08-14-2004, 01:28 PM
I was thinking that it would be nice if we had more roleplay experiences with the GM's at times. I also wish that I didn't have to pay 65 dollars or more to get to see a nice merchant or interact with special NPC's. I already pay for premium accounts, isn't that enough money?

Sorry, just felt like venting. :flamed:

-A

StrayRogue
08-14-2004, 01:39 PM
The ratio of player to GM is too high, and unless you're one of the "high" roleplayers, you won't get to see much GM attention. I can't say much for the events though. Prem gets enough merchants every month.

Artha
08-14-2004, 01:41 PM
I know I didn't really notice it when I was premium, but there are a ton of premium only merchants. The last big free merchantfest was the spitfire, that wasn't too long ago.

Soulpieced
08-14-2004, 01:50 PM
What's a merchant?

Weedmage Princess
08-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Ilvane
I was thinking that it would be nice if we had more roleplay experiences with the GM's at times. I also wish that I didn't have to pay 65 dollars or more to get to see a nice merchant or interact with special NPC's. I already pay for premium accounts, isn't that enough money?

Sorry, just felt like venting. :flamed:

-A

I agree with you 210%. When they first started with that stuff (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the first pay quest was the Black Swan ones?) I completely refused to pay for festivals, events, etc. saying the same thing you did..."I pay my premium rate each month, I should be entitled to these things considering I pay a higher rate.

Then I realized that this was not something they (Simu--product managers, etc.) care about. I realized that like any other business, they're going to do whatever to make a buck...so I conceded eventually and gave in...mainly because as they started having more pay events, the events that were free (or premium only) began to go down in quality GREATLY and again, that's just the way it is.

I do agree though, it does suck.

Kitsun
08-14-2004, 02:29 PM
the events that were free (or premium only) began to go down in quality GREATLY

The last few large free events have been pretty damn good. As someone that has attended most pay-fors, I can tell you that the Ale Festival and Spitfire were definately merchant intensive. The problem is that with it available to everyone, unless you know whats going on, it will seem like the thing sucks.

Large events take a lot resources. Is it really better to take away from normal pricing to pay the GM's for their work on short-term events like a Spitfire? Or is it better to sell tickets so those who want the bang can pay for it themselves?

Artha
08-14-2004, 02:53 PM
You can pay $65 and be 1 of 250-300, or you can go for free and be 1 of 900-1000.

Kitsun
08-14-2004, 02:55 PM
It was probably more than 900-1000 if you factor in the dorks that would hop characters on the same account once the first character was done. Can't be done on pay-for.

Soulpieced
08-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Or figure you could be filthy rich and not need to go to worthless merchants. This happens to be my preferrable alternative.

kheldarin
08-14-2004, 03:00 PM
I can't stand waiting/running around for merchants. I thought the Dhu was bad enough...never been to Spitfire.

SpunGirl
08-14-2004, 08:27 PM
If it wasn't for the extra items in the locker, I wouldn't even pay the $$ for premium.

-K

Ilvane
08-15-2004, 08:18 AM
You know it's an odd coincidence, but I take it back about the lack of GM interaction.

I logged in last night as my little wizard, and was involved in one. My hunting partner and I were wandering about in orcs, when a pregnant tiger came along..she warned of something going on, then she went on her way.

Then there was this cleric, and he was searching for her. And this ritual to Andelas..and..well..

It was awesome, I won't go into great detail to bore people, but it really was.

It was probably the best times I've had in Gemstone in ages. It was small, there was a small invasion, but it was still very interesting and just built a new side for my character.

So, I take it back.;) heh.

-A

[Edited on 8-15-2004 by Ilvane]

08-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Sounds like a hippies dream come true. Pregnant animals. Love for nature.. Gah. PWN THEM ALL.

- Arkans

Ilvane
08-15-2004, 08:47 AM
If you count a sacrifice to Andelas and spirit draining hippie fun, sure.;)

-A

08-15-2004, 08:50 AM
If the pregnant animal was pwned, that fucking rocks and GMs are my heros. If not? THY KN HUG A TREA!!!111

- Arkans

Ilvane
08-15-2004, 09:11 AM
From the offical boards, since I'm not good at short stories.;)

~~~~~

In an incident that is still not entirely understood by various local officials, a priest of Andelas visited Icemule Trace today and transformed the nature of spiritual magic. Apparently, the priest had been tracking a pregnant snow tiger for some time, and, when the tiger's presence attracted hostile attention from ice giants, he sought assistance from various adventurers. The priest convinced several locals to undergo some sort of peculiar sacrificial rite. Afterward, he experienced an intense insight related to spiritual magic. Calling upon this insight, he forced spirits of the snow to swirl around the ice giants, which confused them and prevented them from attacking properly or resisting his own attacks. He hid the tiger, presumably to give birth in safety, and then he returned to the temple to announce the success of his efforts. In a miracle of uncertain origin, the knowledge of his insight was transferred to all users of major spiritual spells.

Shalla
08-15-2004, 10:57 AM
I logged in last night as my little wizard, and was involved in one. My hunting partner and I were wandering about in orcs, when a pregnant tiger came along..she warned of something going on, then she went on her way.

A pregnant tiger? aawwww!

Then there was this cleric, and he was searching for her. And this ritual to Andelas..and..well..

It was awesome, I won't go into great detail to bore people, but it really was.

It was probably the best times I've had in Gemstone in ages. It was small, there was a small invasion, but it was still very interesting and just built a new side for my character.

So, I take it back.;) heh.

-A

Still a wierd coincidence. I know a couple or more GM's lurk around, and post here sometimes.

StrayRogue
08-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Not to rain on your parade, Ilvane, but it shouldn't take GM interaction for your gaming experience to be fun all the time.

Ilvane
08-15-2004, 12:33 PM
It doesn't. I have just been experiencing really bad RP, people who are OOC all the time, and lots of people who don't care if they are ruining other peoples experiences in the lands.

Last night was an exception to that. For that reason only was it a better night than usual.

I thought you knew me better than that hon.

-A

HouseofElves
08-19-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm glad you had a good night, it sounds like it was well deserved.