PDA

View Full Version : Governer of New Jersey is gay, had an affair, and is resigning.

Drew2
08-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Just heard it on CNN. No story yet.

http://www.cnn.com/

BTW THIS IS SOME FUNNY SHIT.

[Edited on 8-12-2004 by Tayre]

Ravenstorm
08-12-2004, 04:42 PM
I just saw his press conference on tv. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for him. On the other hand, I can imagine almost exactly how hard that must have been for him. Well, except for the being married and with kids part. I'm glad for him being able to finally live his life as it was meant to be.

Raven

Drew2
08-12-2004, 04:45 PM
This gives me renewed hope for my 'straight' friends who I want to sex0r.

Their day will come.

Artha
08-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Here's an article (http://www.wnbc.com//politics/3648220/detail.html).

xtc
08-12-2004, 05:01 PM
You have to feel sorry for his family

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5686618/

08-12-2004, 05:05 PM
I feel bad for his family. This guy is a scum bag for doing this to them.

- Arkans

Skirmisher
08-12-2004, 05:39 PM
It pisses me off that he has to resign becuase he had an affair with another man, but I never liked him as a governor.

I'm a democrat and i still would have voted against him for a second term.

It still stinks that he has to go this way though.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-12-2004, 05:55 PM
It sounds funny, even as I type this, but I think we know TOO much about our elected officials sometimes.

I mean, do we need to know that Bush's daughters like to party? Do we need to know that Clinton spooged on a womans dress? Do we need to know that Hillary is really a man?

Seriously though, the sensationalist press bothers me a lot, because I think, regardless of your thoughts on Presidential policy, the president should be respected. I abhore Clinton, but I'd call him Mr. President and I'd show him respect. I wouldn't try to get a picture of his wife's panties as she exits the limo in a skirt either.

How's that for abstract thought.

DeV
08-12-2004, 06:33 PM
We do know too much about the personal lives of political figures. Just recently in IL Jim Ryan was removed from running for Senate due to his sexual excursions WITH his wife. I believe they were swingers and visited a sex club a couple times. It was a huge embarassment to the Republican party.

This man however is doing the right thing after fucking up royally it seems. I really feel for his family, things like this hurt to the core.

Ravenstorm
08-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by DarkelfVold
We do know too much about the personal lives of political figures. Just recently in IL Jim Ryan was removed from running for Senate due to his sexual excursions WITH his wife. I believe they were swingers and visited a sex club a couple times.

We only know too much if they don't make an issue of it themselves. Ryan, after all, made a huge issue about morality, family values and the 'sanctity of marriage'... Right before it came out he liked to screw other people's wives. I'd say we learned exactly the right amount in that case.

I really feel for his family, things like this hurt to the core.

Yes, his wife must have been devastated when he told her. I wonder how old their kids are.

Raven

Artha
08-12-2004, 06:43 PM
I wonder how old their kids are.

One's two, one is presumably older because she's from a previous marriage.

HarmNone
08-12-2004, 06:54 PM
I feel badly for everyone involved in this one. I'm sure the family is devastated. It's also a damned shame that the man has to resign from office for a reason like this. Too sad. :(

Like Raven said, at least he's come to his senses and can go on with his life as it was meant to be lived.

HarmNone

Souzy
08-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Good...now the rest of the government needs to come out of the closet.

Drew2
08-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Lalana

ROFL ROFL

<3 SOUZ.

DeV
08-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Good...now the rest of the government needs to come out of the closet. So. Damn. True.

xtc
08-12-2004, 09:00 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think John Kerry and John Edwards need to start. It seems they can't keep their hands off each other.

http://www.drudgereport.com/kerryk.htm

Ravenstorm
08-12-2004, 10:33 PM
According to the Associated Press, a high-ranking official said that the man involved in the affair, a former government employee, had allegedly demanded "an exorbitant sum of money to make it go away".

So that's what prompted it; though it doesn't really explain the resignation.

Raven

Atlanteax
08-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by xtc
quote:

I think John Kerry and John Edwards need to start. It seems they can't keep their hands off each other.

http://www.drudgereport.com/kerryk.htm

But they already got the Gay Vote... :shrug:

gcstader
08-13-2004, 02:37 AM
Some more news has come out about this stating that there is more than what meets the eye about his "coming out of the closet". The news is reporting that he had a "relationship" with a male and was giving him government jobs for "special favors." A lawsuit is being filed against him. Heh.

~Greg / Eldas

Hulkein
08-13-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by gcstader
The news is reporting that he had a "relationship" with a male and was giving him government jobs for "special favors." A lawsuit is being filed against him. Heh.

~Greg / Eldas

Hah, what a dirtbag.

08-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Careful or you'll be called anti-gay. That's the current tactic against people that are speaking out against him. Pretty pathetic.

- Arkans

DeV
08-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Arkans
Careful or you'll be called anti-gay. That's the current tactic against people that are speaking out against him. Pretty pathetic.

- Arkans He is a dirtbag from the looks of it. I guess I just have a major problem with people who do stupid things that not only ruin their life, but fuck up their family infrastructure. Hulk is right.

Ravenstorm
08-13-2004, 01:28 PM
There are a lot of allegation but no proven evidence. I'll hold my opinion till events develop further.

But if he was figuratively screwing the taxpayers to give the guy he was literally screwing a job he wasn't qualified for, then he's just another piece of scum, lying politician. Which would be a very sad thing considering his coming out could really have meant something beyond just a way to try to drum up some sympathy before the shit hits the fan.

Raven

DeV
08-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
There are a lot of allegation but no proven evidence. I'll hold my opinion till events develop further.

But if he was figuratively screwing the taxpayers to give the guy he was literally screwing a job he wasn't qualified for, then he's just another piece of scum, lying politician. Which would be a very sad thing considering his coming out could really have meant something beyond just a way to try to drum up some sympathy before the shit hits the fan.

Raven You just have to be the voice of reason don't you. :P

Skirmisher
08-13-2004, 01:43 PM
That he is gay is incensequential and really should not factor into this, what should is that he was/is a lousy Governor.

He appointed atrocious candidates for posistions they were not capable of and had exactly the kind of political machine muscle behind him that makes poloticians untrusted everywhere.

He was horrible before this latest in a long line of mistakes and shady dealings and will be so afterwards.

He is an embarasement to the democratic party and to the state of NJ and I say this as someone who lives in and loves NJ and also as a longtime democrat.

[Edited on 8-13-2004 by Skirmisher]

Ravenstorm
08-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by DarkelfVold
You just have to be the voice of reason don't you. :P

Sometimes. But honestly, I suspect it's all true. I've heard a number of gay democrats from NJ say the same thing Skirmisher has and if anyone would be partisan in his favor, it's them. That they are condemning him...

Originally posted by Skirmisher
That he is gay is incensequential and really should not factor into this...

And that's what pisses me off. He played us. That speech resonated with every single one of us. We all know that feeling of being different, the denial, trying to force ourselves into the reality that society (and religion for the religious) demands. Some people are better at it than others but just about everyone eventually realizes they just can't lie any more to themselves or to others. And our initial reaction - or those not from NJ who didn't know better - was to fall for it hook, line and sinker.

He made it a gay issue. Or at least he tried to. You're right. Him being gay is inconsequential. He didn't resign because he was gay. This was all a show because it became obvious that his misconduct - not the affair but his corruption - was going to surface.

And so he played us and tried to make it a gay issue when the truth is he's just a lying, piece of scum politician. Yeah, I'm pissed. It pisses me off when someone plays 'the race card' and it pisses me off just as much when someone plays 'the gay card'. Asshole.

Ok, no. I'm not really the voice of reason in this. I'm disgusted and angry but hoping I'm wrong.

Raven

DeV
08-13-2004, 02:45 PM
He made it a gay issue the same day the San Francisco marriages were anulled. Trying to take the focus off of himself, if even a little it appears. Very disappointing.