PDA

View Full Version : A question about GS4

Weedmage Princess
08-31-2003, 09:52 AM
I think I may have my facts misconstrued.

I was under the impression that critters will undergo level compressions, as our characters would. So as far as what you hunt, that really wouldn't change. Someone told me that this isn't true..that the critters will keep their relative levels (difficulty, etc. for the those quick to point out the minor technicalities like critters don't level) ...meaning...in essence, we'll have to go back and hunt things we've already hunted. Is this true?

StrayRogue
08-31-2003, 09:57 AM
You are partially correct. All, or atleast most critters will be having their lvls modified. Some variants of critters will be getting stronger, others weaker. For example, I think trolls and orcs on the whole are being moved to the 15-30 range. All critters, however, will be having their skills and abilities modified for their new level.

Some creatures we WILL have to hunt again, some we won't.

Check here for the full list of critters and their new ages:

http://www.play.net/gs3/news/gemstone_iv/creature_v2.asp

Weedmage Princess
08-31-2003, 09:59 AM
Thanks. I'll have to check it out when I get home...damn firewall

StrayRogue
08-31-2003, 10:01 AM
By checking your new level, as well, it will give you a list of the appropriate critters you can hunt for experience.

longshot
08-31-2003, 10:07 AM
A wolverine is going from 5 to 24 trains.

How many people do you think that is going to kill?

Too funny!

Warriorbird
08-31-2003, 10:11 AM
Trolls are gonna be like level 60 in many cases.

Weedmage Princess
08-31-2003, 10:15 AM
I wonder if there will be a revamping of the treasure system...

Makkah
08-31-2003, 11:44 AM
They already said they was completely redoing the treasure system. It's even on the GSIV release page. Open your eyes :-P

rht

Weedmage Princess
08-31-2003, 11:49 AM
Ahh...*stare*

I should probably start reading the official boards from time to time..heh.

Taernath
08-31-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by longshot

Too funny!

Yeah, but all those suddenly powerful critters are going to be relocated. You won't have to worry about epic battles with a wolverine on your way to Voln.

Ilvane
08-31-2003, 12:58 PM
I did alpha and beta testing for GS4 and it isn't as bad as a lot of people are making it seem. I actually took my bard and reallocated her, and she kicks some serious butt.

As for Ilvane, there are a bunch of new things to do as a warrior, so that will take some getting used to, but it's fun, and interesting..not something bad.

-A

Gizmo
08-31-2003, 01:01 PM
I did alpha and beta testing for GS4 and it isn't as bad as a lot of people are making it seem. I actually took my bard and reallocated her, and she kicks some serious butt.

When you reallocated her, you still reallocated her like the way she would have been in Gemstone 3...None of the GS4 Combat Formula's and such are in the Test Instance yet..Maybe some new songs and spells, but DS..Dodge...All don't work the way they will in GS4 yet.

The only thing different from GS3 and Beta GS4 right now are the extra Stat Points, and some new spells/skills. All the formula's are still pretty much to same, so don't be surprised that your character changes a little come the 15th or so of September.

Weedmage Princess
08-31-2003, 01:04 PM
I hope it gets pushed back even further.

Ilvane
08-31-2003, 01:05 PM
I just worry when so many people leave before they even know where it's going. I think it's going to be interesting. I'm also hoping it gets me back into wanting to play again. It hasn't been as much fun lately.

-A

longshot
08-31-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Taernath

Originally posted by longshot

Too funny!

Yeah, but all those suddenly powerful critters are going to be relocated. You won't have to worry about epic battles with a wolverine on your way to Voln.

It'd be neat if there was something like that. I really think the element of danger makes traveling around interesting.

I don't know if I'm using the correct words to describe it or not... but sometimes that feeling of "I could get whacked at any moment" really does make things exciting.

Maybe this needs its own thread.

Lately, other than invasions, I don't get this feeling at all. It's kinda a shame.

edited to correct my spelling that has slowly been eroded by Japanese society.

[Edited on 8-31-2003 by longshot]

Neildo
09-02-2003, 06:04 PM
It'd be neat if there was something like that. I really think the element of danger makes traveling around interesting.

I don't know if I'm using the correct words to describe it or not... but sometimes that feeling of "I could get whacked at any moment" really does make things exciting.

That's one thing I loved in EQ. Hunting the low level commons area but having to keep an eye out for that griffin or giant wandering around.

When people can AFK script to go where they want to go without any danger, something is wrong. All the critters on the way are low level and due to the shoddy engagement/combat/skill/level system, they'll most likely never get touched.

- N