PDA

View Full Version : How to Jump start a Marriage

xtc
10-28-2004, 11:49 AM
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin (AP) -- A man who said he threw a live electrical wire into his wife's bath hoping a near-death experience would save their marriage was convicted of attempted first-degree intentional homicide Wednesday.

William Dahlby said in court he was only trying to scare his wife the evening of May 9. He told jurors the wire was hooked to a "ground fault interrupter" designed to cut the electricity when the cord encountered water. His wife was not hurt.

Prosecutors said Dahlby was trying to kill his wife to start a new life with another woman.

Dahlby's wife, Mary, testified Tuesday her husband drew her bath after they spent the day taking a walk and a long motorcycle ride. While she took her bath, her husband came into the bathroom and dropped the cord into the bath, she said.
She jumped out of the bath, but her husband tried to push her back in the tub, Mary Dahlby said. She got free and ran out of the bathroom.

Her husband, who also was convicted of intimidation of a victim, was scheduled for sentencing December 10.

Ashtrell
10-28-2004, 11:50 AM
:nono: Real nice Husband.. my god what a freak

Tsunami
10-28-2004, 01:14 PM
I keep picturing Mel Gibson in 'What Women Want'...this is the psycho verson.

Tsa`ah
10-28-2004, 01:30 PM
He told jurors the wire was hooked to a "ground fault interrupter" designed to cut the electricity when the cord encountered water. His wife was not hurt.

As is everything else in the US connected to a municipal power source. Well supposed to be. Circuit breaker, fuse box ... take your pick.

I think he's a moron, other wise if he were really trying to scare his wife; he would have dragged one end of a long wire into the bathroom while the other end wasn't connected to anything.

I think he's stupid and just fucked up.

Kainen
10-28-2004, 01:34 PM
For the sake of irony.. they should put him in the electric chair :whistle:

Chyrain
10-28-2004, 02:23 PM
suddenly my marital difficulty doesn't seem so bad.

Kaeral
10-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Haha.. what an idiot..
:lol2:

Ashtrell
10-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Chyrain
suddenly my marital difficulty doesn't seem so bad.

LOL i was just thinking that .....

How the hell would someone think that would save their marriage ?! Stupid people irritate me

Tsa`ah
10-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Ashtrell
How the hell would someone think that would save their marriage ?! Stupid people irritate me

That is just his defense if you are to believe it.

If he knew the circuit breaker would kill the connecting switch, then why bother with a live wire when a dead wire would be just as effective and less dangerous.

He forgot about the circuit breaker, the feed was killed, his wife got away, and now he's shitting himself for being such a moron and not getting the job done right.

Parkbandit
10-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Exactly.

The guy should actually fry for what he attempted.

Ashtrell
10-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

Originally posted by Ashtrell

That is just his defense if you are to believe it.

If he knew the circuit breaker would kill the connecting switch, then why bother with a live wire when a dead wire would be just as effective and less dangerous.

He forgot about the circuit breaker, the feed was killed, his wife got away, and now he's shitting himself for being such a moron and not getting the job done right.

if that had been my husband and i got away he would be wishing i was Mrs. Bobbit because at least they could have sewn it back on ... :lol: But seriously what an idiot ,, lame defense if you ask me ..

Weedmage Princess
10-28-2004, 05:49 PM
Wow. All I can say is wow.

"I was trying to scare her so we could fix our marriage." Someone needs to do a remake of Shaggy's "It wasn't me" and include something about this in there.

Latrinsorm
10-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
Someone needs to do a remake of Shaggy's "It wasn't me" and include something about this in there. Damn, and we just finished recording yesterday. :(

p.s: White Boyz drops Nov. 31st!

HarmNone
10-28-2004, 08:48 PM
if that had been my husband and i got away he would be wishing i was Mrs. Bobbit because at least they could have sewn it back on ... :lol: But seriously what an idiot ,, lame defense if you ask me ..

That is, if you had not had the foresight to feed it to the dog....:whistle: