PDA

View Full Version : Public transportation.

Betheny
08-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Has served me well.

But is starting to suck.
My office moves on Friday (the 13th, doo dee doo doo) and it's now going to take me an hour and a half to get to work. I'm gonna have to go ten miles one way to take a bus twenty miles the other.

:( :( :( :(

GSLeloo
08-09-2004, 08:45 PM
This may be a very stupid question, but can't you get a bike or something? If not a car?

Betheny
08-09-2004, 08:46 PM
2 weeks til car.

= 1 week of shitty transportation.

But that's not the point, the funny thing is this place isn't much further than my commute now, it's just that logistically it sucks because I have to switch bus companies, and the times don't coincide. It's kind of assinine.

I might have a ride worked out with one of my work buddies too.

I'm really going to miss my 2 dollar a day commute. :(

08-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Yeah a bike. A nice target for a 312 ton bus to pummel into scrap metal, yea right.

I'd rather take a moped to school than bike it out.

And plus my stop going and coming are one of the first in the Bronx (meaning again, I'm not biking it out) therefor, I get to sit on the left side of the bus (empty seat.)

But public transportation sucks donkey balls either way. :D

Betheny
08-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Well I think 12 miles is a bit far to bike anyway. :-P For me, anyway. And riding along Highway 66...

...Naaaaah.

Car soon. Kidneys for sale, ttm plz.

xtc
08-09-2004, 09:27 PM
and your transport costs just went up when you start driving, not too mention time commuting each day. Public transport does suck though.

Betheny
08-09-2004, 09:28 PM
yeah, but for 6 bucks a day... it will be worth the money to have the freedom of a vehicle, plus it'll save me time every day, with that kind of a commute time.

Even though I did rather like the idea of not buying into the whole petrol crisis... :-\

Gotta do what you gotta do.

Arshwikk
08-09-2004, 10:35 PM
You'd think that a boss's pet like yerself would have a company car...I mean, you already have the dual monitors going on.

Betheny
08-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Hell yeah, I even get a REAL CUBICLE on Friday. :-)