PDA

View Full Version : 30 mil at 20 dollars per

Tgo01
03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm now selling 50 million silvers for 850 bucks. For those of you who are bad at math that's a mere 17 dollars per million. You must be asking yourself "But Tgo01, I see other people selling their silvers for 15 dollars per." If you saw other people walking off a bridge would you walk off too? Of course not! Instead you'd buy my silvers for 17 dollars per. And if you would walk off that bridge why not go ahead and buy my silvers at 17 dollars per before you do? Not like you'd need the money.

Don't take my word for how awesome of a deal this is, just listen to these testimonials I have received.

"Thanks Tgo01! Those silvers at a slightly inflated price were worth it. I now have plenty of silvers for the upcoming events."

"I could have went with your competitors but that would have been like walking off of a bridge. I'm not a follower."

"I didn't want to wait for a 'good deal' on silvers, I wanted them fast and now and you had the silvers available. You are more God than man."

The people have spoken, why haven't you?

SHAFT
03-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Anxiously waiting to see the results on this

diethx
03-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Mind blown.

Tgo01
03-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Mind blown.

That I'm awesome? You already knew that.

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 03:04 PM
With still likely 3 months to go till RtCF.. who knows.

DrZaius
03-25-2013, 03:09 PM
With still likely 3 months to go till RtCF.. who knows.

Is there a silvers only auction in RtCF or something, which is causing the inflation in the real-money value of silvers?

-DrZ

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Is there a silvers only auction in RtCF or something, which is causing the inflation in the real-money value of silvers?

-DrZ

The correct answer is..

"We don't know"

But it's very very very likely there will be major auctions. Well, we know some services will be auctioned, but not the key info yet. Aka Spirit bow

crb
03-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Nope, no silvers only auction, and every attendee is guaranteed* a major win. A few slots, a minority, of a few services, may be auctioned, but that is about it.

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Nope, no silvers only auction, and every attendee is guaranteed* a major win. A few slots, a minority, of a few services, may be auctioned, but that is about it.

Well, it is VERY likely that the Spirit bow, and Pure Coraesine will be auctioned.. which means.. in a sense, there is a silvers only auction. I would say these two services are what is pushing the silvers.

Tho after speaking to an older style Pure weapon holder, the new versions suck major ass. No Tonis ability.. Haste reduced from 6x to 2x... ouch, what a nerf.

Allereli
03-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Well, it is VERY likely that the Spirit bow, and Pure Coraesine will be auctioned..

nothing in the GM posts led me to believe this at all

SHAFT
03-25-2013, 03:18 PM
The correct answer is..

"We don't know"

But it's very very very likely there will be major auctions. Well, we know some services will be auctioned, but not the key info yet. Aka Spirit bow

Forgive me, but we do know there will be auctions? Perhaps I missed this info stating there will be auctions.

Androidpk
03-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Simu has not said if there will be silver auctions or not.

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Forgive me, but we do know there will be auctions? Perhaps I missed this info stating there will be auctions.

off the top of my head...

Reply Reply
Hurdragof has announced that he will be bringing a wagon full of weapons to Coraesine Field this year!

As a service, he will be be using his magical forging-hammer to add Rotating Flares with THREE slots per service!

Weapons must be free of other special abilities and must not already have a script. NO restrictions on enchantment!!!

Winners will be able to add one of the four schemes listed below...

1) fire/cold/steam
2) fire/vibration/acid
3) lightning/cold/vacuum
4) cold/vibration/unbalance

The cost of the service will be based on the enchantment of the weapon. Rule of thumb will be 100,000 silvers per +5 enchantment (one million silvers for a +50 weapon).

FOUR winners will be selected via raffle and ONE service will be auctioned to the highest bidder! Winners of the raffle can NOT participate in the auction!

-Marstreforn-
Icemule Trace Guru
Halfling Guru

~~~~

Also GM's have mentioned in other teasers that some services will be auctioned, and the auction price will reduce the cost of the service.

Also, I seriously doubt Simu will pass up the chance to remove several billion from circulation by NOT auctioning the two previously stated items.

I would be insanely surprised if the Spirit glove and Pure are not auctioned.

Infact, a GM mentioned Silent auctions as well for padding I think.

diethx
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
So, people are going nuts, paying 1998 prices, even though nothing of value is guaranteed to be auctioned off for silvers?

Tgo01
03-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Hey hey hey. Stop trying to talk people out of buying my silvers :(

Whirlin
03-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Commodity Markets are usually driven off of speculative values.

Allereli
03-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Commodity Markets are usually driven off of speculative values.

that's why they should be done away with, they're not based on anything in reality.

SHAFT
03-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks jarvan. I missed that they did in fact state there will be auctions.

Ryvicke
03-25-2013, 03:43 PM
It's been a few weeks since I read through the RtCF officials thread but I'm pretty sure they wrote quite a few times there that many things would go out via auction. Didn't Wyrom post a whole deal defending a system of auction/raffle in equal proportion for all the high-end stuff? With some spinning thrown in as well?

diethx
03-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Ok, so people aren't behaving completely batshit insane. Good to know. Buy Tgo's silvers!!

Ryvicke
03-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Not even mentioning that just like the original CCF there are going to be people that win a raffle or a spin for a service and then the AIM group or ;lnet channel is going to start bidding for the spot. Silvers will definitely play a role in getting services.

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Then there is the fact that they are offering EXCP... so if you have 10 MCP and going for EXCP, Better have a lot of silvers to pay for it.

Fallen
03-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Someone better be padding the Scout Armor.

Ardwen
03-25-2013, 05:30 PM
In the past Simu has had the chance to remove billions from the economy and didnt, in particular at the EG auction that saw Tedra's cottage raffled rather then auctioned, it was common knowledge that multiple parties were willing and able to bid 10 figures. Not to mention the whole airship debacle where they willingly refunded me 250 million silvers instead of communicating with me instead, only to give the airship away free, and release a couple of billion silvers in coins at the maze event. Coins quite clearly mean nothing to the people behind the curtain. At almost all major events, the most desirable services go out in some random and usually cheap method.

Manamethis
03-25-2013, 05:48 PM
In the past Simu has had the chance to remove billions from the economy and didnt, in particular at the EG auction that saw Tedra's cottage raffled rather then auctioned, it was common knowledge that multiple parties were willing and able to bid 10 figures. Not to mention the whole airship debacle where they willingly refunded me 250 million silvers instead of communicating with me instead, only to give the airship away free, and release a couple of billion silvers in coins at the maze event. Coins quite clearly mean nothing to the people behind the curtain. At almost all major events, the most desirable services go out in some random and usually cheap method.

If everyone didn't have an equal shot at winning the big prizes there would be too many unhappy people. Auctions mean 1-10 people can participate. Raffles mean everyone has a chance.

Have two of each, one for purchase, one for raffle.

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 05:53 PM
If everyone didn't have an equal shot at winning the big prizes there would be too many unhappy people. Auctions mean 1-10 people can participate. Raffles mean everyone has a chance.

Have two of each, one for purchase, one for raffle.

I would agree, but they won't be having two Pure Coraesines, and I doubt two spirit bows per event.

There have been a number of times that top tier gear went out just via auction. We will wait and see, BUT, raffle or auction, it's a pretty damn good bet that either way it will be selling for hundreds of million. (spirit bow) Cause unless Someone wins it in a raffle that absolutely wants it, it's gana get sold. 400-500 Mill silver (with prices like now especially) holds a lot of sway. How many people here would pass up basically 7k$ if offered it for a basically free item in GS?

Ardwen
03-25-2013, 05:54 PM
even in raffles not everyone has an equal chance, theres always going to be someone that cant enter/be there or whatever

Androidpk
03-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Pretty sure they alluded that there would be at least 2 bows per run.

Ardwen
03-25-2013, 05:57 PM
I'd say at least 25 percent wouldnt sell, based entirely on what ex-players who have major items they wont sell have said, Say there 10 truly amazing items released per run, I doubt more then half get sold. Just go back and see the great items Droughtman's generated, how many have already vanished into the ether?

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 05:59 PM

Actually, they said At least 1. There were only 3 released prior.. .they MAY release 6 more this summer.. but if you are wanting one of these, it's prob better to plan on them only offering 1 per event.

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 06:01 PM
I'd say at least 25 percent wouldnt sell, based entirely on what ex-players who have major items they wont sell have said, Say there 10 truly amazing items released per run, I doubt more then half get sold. Just go back and see the great items Droughtman's generated, how many have already vanished into the ether?

Well.. if there are 3 raffles, and 25% don't sell, that would mean 2 of the 3 sell. Which is most of them really.

As for Droughtman's, yes a lot didn't sell, but more sold then didn't.

I know I wouldn't sell the bow, my IGW would kill me. Then again, maybe she wouldn't mind for a diff reason.

Manamethis
03-25-2013, 06:02 PM
I would sell it for $7000 and go on vacation, and then a shopping spree.

diethx
03-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Man, I could buy so many dresses with $7,000.

SO MANY

Androidpk
03-25-2013, 06:04 PM

This is because you have idiots like Noriyaki who primarily play plat yet feel the need to come to prime just for the events and raffles, only to locker the items away.

SHAFT
03-25-2013, 06:06 PM

Going from 3 spirit bows to 9 makes little sense to me. It's cool that more people will have a chance at them, especially considering the current 3 owners of the existing spirit bows will likely never part with theirs, but going from 3 to 9 seems like you're watering down a rare and pretty powerful item.

We really don't know much at this time about the new bows to be honest. They could suck compared to the 2006 versions.

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 06:07 PM
This is because you have idiots like Noriyaki who primarily play plat yet feel the need to come to prime just for the events and raffles, only to locker the items away.

Well, there are also people that truly don't care about the cost of items...

I mean, some fool spent 300 million on the Boat for crying out loud.

Ryvicke
03-25-2013, 06:09 PM

lolz was this the guy you were trying to hunt down forever to get something? That sucks.

Going from 3 spirit bows to 9 makes little sense to me. It's cool that more people will have a chance at them, especially considering the current 3 owners of the existing spirit bows will likely never part with theirs, but going from 3 to 9 seems like you're watering down a rare and pretty powerful item.

As for "watering down" I don't think Simu gives a shit about what we think of as rare items. The only reason they didn't release spirit bows before now is cause no one wanted to look at the code, not for some type of game integrity.

SHAFT
Well, there are also people that truly don't care about the cost of items...

I mean, some fool spent 300 million on the Boat for crying out loud.

Agreed on this. There is an item that exists I'd easily pay a billion for if it were for sale. But it's collecting dust somewhere :(

Androidpk

We really don't know much at this time about the new bows to be honest. They could suck compared to the 2006 versions.

I don't see the harm in releasing more than 3. The more people that can use them the better. By the way, you know someone with a spirit bow is going to try and get one of these ones as well.

Androidpk
03-25-2013, 06:11 PM
lolz was this the guy you were trying to hunt down forever to get something? That sucks.

Yeah, he won a lightning immolation battle axe that I had been drooling over. I managed to track him down over a year later, where he told me he plays platinum 99% of the time and just comes to prime for the events and shit. Wouldn't sell me the axe.

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 06:11 PM

As for "watering down" I don't think Simu gives a shit about what we think of as rare items. The only reason they didn't release spirit bows before now is cause no one wanted to look at the code, not for some type of game integrity.

I am not sure I agree with this entirely. Items have to get approved. Someone decides how many of each type is released. If they didn't care about game integrity, They wouldn't have changed the Black Swan prizes, nor would they release 1/2 of an item at an auction/event to begin with.

They do care about rarity, but not for the same reasons.

SHAFT
03-25-2013, 06:12 PM
PK, I figure at least 2 of the people with spirit bows will try to get one. And then they're gone like the wind.....whoooooosh! Forever

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 06:13 PM
I don't see the harm in releasing more than 3. The more people that can use them the better. By the way, you know someone with a spirit bow is going to try and get one of these ones as well.

I can honestly say I know someone with a spirit bow that is not even considering trying to get one. Even if raffled, I doubt they would enter. Tho I likely would so I could swap it for what I would really want.

Manamethis
03-25-2013, 06:13 PM
I am not sure I agree with this entirely. Items have to get approved. Someone decides how many of each type is released. If they didn't care about game integrity, They wouldn't have changed the Black Swan prizes, nor would they release 1/2 of an item at an auction/event to begin with.

They do care about rarity, but not for the same reasons.

I think the black swan changes were because GM Mestys fucked up, plain and simple. Not because of any kind of integrity.

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Also....

Buy Tgo01's silvers.

SHAFT
03-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Yeah, he won a lightning immolation battle axe that I had been drooling over. I managed to track him down over a year later, where he told me he plays platinum 99% of the time and just comes to prime for the events and shit. Wouldn't sell me the axe.

Does he still play plat? Make him an offer he can't refuse.

Androidpk
03-25-2013, 06:31 PM
I made him a nice offer when I talked to him. Said he wasn't interested in selling it. Apparently he is the same way in plat.

SHAFT
03-25-2013, 06:45 PM
I made him a nice offer when I talked to him. Said he wasn't interested in selling it. Apparently he is the same way in plat.

Put helsfeld on the case. You'll have your axe within a week.

Tgo01
03-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Buy Tgo's silvers!!

Buy Tgo01's silvers.

Listen to these people, people.

dszabo
03-25-2013, 07:32 PM
TL:DR This thread, but, in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, you'll need to actually PAY silvers for your weighting/padding, and I imagine it will be fairly steep on those 10x fusion items.

BriarFox
03-25-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm guessing 7x hcp fusion chain to mcp will be around 35m silvers based on EG's pricing, but Wyrom said he's standardizing a new pricing chart, so we'll see.

SHAFT
03-25-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm guessing 7x hcp fusion chain to mcp will be around 35m silvers based on EG's pricing, but Wyrom said he's standardizing a new pricing chart, so we'll see.

Hoping to get that LBP padded

Jeril
03-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Wyrom said he's standardizing a new pricing chart, so we'll see.

Does this mean someone listened to all our bitching about their unfair method of pricing for that? And I suppose I should read through that thread at some point.

BriarFox
03-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Hoping to get that LBP padded

Yeah, I'm hoping to take my 4-slot aug chain to MCP, myself. A lot of people have similar projects, I think.

Jarvan
03-25-2013, 08:26 PM
I am hoping to get my Chain done by then. We will see, would be nice to get it to 8x MCP.

Tho I doubt briar that many or any have that kind of a project. Wish I could have picked up some 3 slot chain tho for this.. oh well, just got to hope they offer slot adding in future.

Suppressed Poet
03-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Is it considered a "waste" to take unpadded armor to hcp? In my case I'm looking at some 7x fusion (2 slot) augmented chain. Unfortunately I don't have any padded epic armor to take with me.

Suppressed Poet
03-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Also - thought I heard rumors back when that you could get fusion slots added on this event. Is that still true?

Tgo01
03-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Did I mention I now have 36 million silvers available? Get it before someone else gets it!

thefarmer
03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Also - thought I heard rumors back when that you could get fusion slots added on this event. Is that still true?

This will never, ever, ever ever happen.

Not at this event, or any other event.

Ever.

Jarvan
03-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Is it considered a "waste" to take unpadded armor to hcp? In my case I'm looking at some 7x fusion (2 slot) augmented chain. Unfortunately I don't have any padded epic armor to take with me.

Buy some PP's and pad it first.

Allereli
03-26-2013, 03:40 PM

do what makes you happy and don't worry about keeping up with people spending $20 per million

thefarmer
03-26-2013, 03:42 PM

Do whatever you want to do, it's your win if you get it. I won't fault you for it.

With that said, you can get armor HCP any day with points. You can't get armor further padded like you can at CCF. If you just want 7x HCP fusion armor, you'd do better to sell the spot, and buy that set already made, and still come out ahead.

Tgo01
03-26-2013, 04:05 PM
do what makes you happy and don't worry about keeping up with people spending $20 per million

This is true, don't worry about those people by becoming one of those people.

Tgo01
03-28-2013, 10:27 PM
I now have 41 million silvers available at 20 dollars per! If you buy the whole package I'll let them go at 19 dollars per, that's a savings of 41 dollars!

Sure you could buy silvers cheaper from someone else but those silvers will be gone soon, then I may decide to up my price, then you'll be begging for the previous price. Plus I'm cooler than all of those people combined.

Methais
03-28-2013, 11:03 PM
So, people are going nuts, paying 1998 prices, even though nothing of value is guaranteed to be auctioned off for silvers?

Silvers were at least $35 per back in '98 if not more.

SHAFT
03-28-2013, 11:22 PM
I now have 41 million silvers available at 20 dollars per! If you buy the whole package I'll let them go at 19 dollars per, that's a savings of 41 dollars!

Sure you could buy silvers cheaper from someone else but those silvers will be gone soon, then I may decide to up my price, then you'll be begging for the previous price. Plus I'm cooler than all of those people combined.

I'm feeling nostalgic today. How about all 41m at 7.5 per?

Tgo01
03-28-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm feeling nostalgic today. How about all 41m at 7.5 per?

Sure!

Hey wait a minute!

SHAFT
03-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Excellent. I'll send 307.50 over right away. Glad we could reach an understanding so quickly.

diethx
03-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Silvers were at least $35 per back in '98 if not more.

They weren't that much at that point - you're thinking like 1996. Either way, I agree that they were probably still more than $20 per million in 1998. I think I was selling them for $20 in 2000, so whatever, I should have said 2000. It doesn't matter though. The point is silvers haven't been worth that much in over ten years.

Gelston
03-29-2013, 09:00 AM
They weren't that much at that point - you're thinking like 1996. Either way, I agree that they were probably still more than $20 per million in 1998. I think I was selling them for $20 in 2000, so whatever, I should have said 2000. It doesn't matter though. The point is silvers haven't been worth that much in over ten years.

You've never played GS. Quiet.

diethx
03-29-2013, 09:01 AM
You've never played GS. Quiet.

​sigh

Methais
03-29-2013, 09:30 AM

The first time I heard about people selling silvers, they were going for $35 per, and I started playing in '97, though I didn't have a clue about much of anything until '98 when I rolled up Methais. So yes silvers were in fact selling for $35 per back in '98. They might have started dropping quickly (I sold a bunch in either '02 or '03 for $15 per which was the going rate at the time), but I distinctly remember $35 per being the rate at the time.

So poopies to you!

Kitsun
03-29-2013, 09:57 AM
I don't think the sales were as public nor the market as fluid. It is possible there were pockets of people trading at different prices even during the same time period.

diethx
03-29-2013, 10:59 AM
I don't think the sales were as public nor the market as fluid. It is possible there were pockets of people trading at different prices even during the same time period.

That's probably very true. Also, Methais, if you heard that's what they were going for then it must be correct.

Jarvan
03-29-2013, 11:07 AM

I think a lot of sales around that time were personal, and some items on EBay. I remember seeing a 10x DB cloak for 1k on Ebay and thinking they were nuts. Used to see a lot of chars for sale there too, and accounts. I am sure silvers were sold. Hell, I remember a sale for a sack of ruby amulets.

diethx
03-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Ahaha. I sold my very first character on eBay in 2001. I also used to sell a bunch of silvers on there.

Methais
03-29-2013, 01:28 PM
That's probably very true. Also, Methais, if you heard that's what they were going for then it must be correct.

Those were the rates I saw on eBay at the time, which was to my knowledge, the most common way of unloading coins at the time.

So no I didn't hear it. I saw it.

SHAFT
03-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Lets argue about silver prices in 2001! That sounds like fun!

Androidpk
03-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Let's argue about silver prices in 2030. Even more fun!

Methais
03-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Lets argue about silver prices in 2001! That sounds like fun!

Why aren't you buying Tgo01's silvers? Stop being racist.

I'd be thrilled if coins jumped back up to 2001 prices. Or 1998 prices. Or pretty much whatever their peak value was.

Tgo01
03-30-2013, 07:00 PM
44 million for sale for the low, low price of 18 dollars per! Yes you heard right, 18 dollars per!

That's so fucking low I'm practically giving them away!

Slit-eye
03-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Someone had to budge? Dont do it man! Its the principle!

Tgo01
04-03-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm now selling 50 million silvers for 850 bucks. For those of you who are bad at math that's a mere 17 dollars per million. You must be asking yourself "But Tgo01, I see other people selling their silvers for 15 dollars per." If you saw other people walking off a bridge would you walk off too? Of course not! Instead you'd buy my silvers for 17 dollars per. And if you would walk off that bridge why not go ahead and buy my silvers at 17 dollars per before you do? Not like you'd need the money.

Don't take my word for how awesome of a deal this is, just listen to these testimonials I have received.

"Thanks Tgo01! Those silvers at a slightly inflated price were worth it. I now have plenty of silvers for the upcoming events."

"I could have went with your competitors but that would have been like walking off of a bridge. I'm not a follower."

"I didn't want to wait for a 'good deal' on silvers, I wanted them fast and now and you had the silvers available. You are more God than man."

The people have spoken, why haven't you?

everan
04-03-2013, 11:01 AM
All I want to know is: Do I need to upgrade my avatar to a dog in a suit to get these prices?

Jarvan
04-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Man.. I needed that laugh today.

Tgo01
04-03-2013, 11:04 AM
All I want to know is: Do I need to upgrade my icon to a dog in a suit to get these prices?

Of course not! Avatars of all walks of life are afforded these great prices. Although for my fellow dog in suit avatar friends I'll go ahead and give a 10 cent per million discount, suddenly these 50 million silvers are priced at 845 dollars for the lot. I'm not making this shit up people.