PDA

View Full Version : Why am I not suprised?

StrayRogue
09-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Well, the number of things added to the Phase 2 list (ie, the list of things that will never see light of day in GS) grows bigger. It seems all the cool stuff is now on this list. Maneuvers, Layered clothing, Player Shops, etc.

And coupled with the delayed release, the lack of GS communication on mechanics, and the trickle of what I percieve to be a mass exodus from GS, things just aren't looking up for the people in charge.

GMs are even less compromising than they used to be, with the new maxim, "if its not Warden's vision, its a no go" now coming into regular use. Well, when and if the new game is done, I hope Warden likes playing it. I know alot of players who won't.

Even though I highly doubt the people in charge (the masters of obfuscation, evasion and general bullshitting when it comes to doing a job), will even get GS4 to be a semblence of Warden's "vision" by the due date, I still feel totally dwarfed by all the new mechanics. I was just getting to grasp with the old ones. I cannot, for the life of me figure the new dodge DS system.

I wonder how the newbie feels coming into the game.

It somewhat seems like everything I know and love in the game is being changed. Now, don't get me wrong, some things are cool; the new Pick Pocket system, news skills, Justice system, all the Rp stuff. Yet alot of it ISN'T needed. I enjoy GS right now. I fucking love it, in fact. And so seemingly does the thousands of others who play.

So why change? Or why waste so much prescious time and effort trying to change when everyone with a brain knows these people are going to fuck it up? They've already pushed back their deadlines. Does this not sound familiar to you?

End rant.

CrystalTears
09-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Real newbies won't see anything wrong with the game because they're only getting one perspective. Should they go and read all the past and present posts about the changes that have and will take place, it will skew their idea of the game. I'm sure when we started we loved the game and some of the people who had been playing for a long time had their own issues with the game which we didn't see until we played it for a quite a while.

I just wish they didn't try to create a whole new game. Make the changes that people have been asking for, add a few things and go from there. GSIII wasn't working perfectly, I don't see that happening with GSIV either.

StrayRogue
09-05-2003, 07:41 PM
I think they just need to ask the player population; Are you happy right now? I'd bet most would say yes.

So why fix something that isn't broken?

Betheny
09-05-2003, 07:43 PM
I'm unhappy.

I want lots of changes. Mostly very needed ones. I want the clerical attack spells (ALL of them) to be alignment-based (319, 301... etc.)

And I want Stay to be hung lots.

That is all.

StrayRogue
09-05-2003, 07:47 PM
You are always unhappy. Get your nipples waxed and live a little. Gawd.

GS4Gurl
09-05-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
.... Get your nipples waxed and live a little. Gawd.

Bwahaha kinky! I think I will steal that quote and use it in my everyday life. I love it!

StrayRogue
09-05-2003, 07:55 PM
As long as I make some money for each use, I care not. Mis-quote me forever Mwahahahaha!

theotherjohn
09-05-2003, 07:59 PM
I think each year Simu must announce massive changes so those in the know can profit from cash sales

StrayRogue
09-05-2003, 08:00 PM
I would not be suprised one bit. It would not the first time GMs have done things for Cash.

Betheny
09-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Don't get your knickers in a bunch, mate.

StrayRogue
09-05-2003, 08:08 PM
No problem brutha, I'll take a strole down the sidewalk, get to the 7-11 and buy some new pants. And the flag.