PDA

View Full Version : It sucks to be British.

Betheny
08-09-2004, 07:03 AM
At least in whatever area this takes place in.

http://news.scotsman.com/health.cfm?id=912662004

Artha
08-09-2004, 07:05 AM
It sucks to be British.

Experts have also voiced concerns that the drug, which they believe has found its way into the water system from treated sewage water, could seriously damage the human reproductive system.

Only for a generation or two.

SpunGirl
08-09-2004, 08:21 AM
This is a sad side effect of a society that thinks you need a pill to fix everything.

Kids acting up? Tone 'em down with some Ritalin. Yes, I'm aware that ADD is very serious in some cases, but it seems to me that too many parents are too quick to point to a disorder as a cause for their kids' behavior rather than looking at... gasp... their own parenting practices.

Feeling blue? Prozac, Zoloft, Wellbutrin.... they all await. A friend of mine is a vet student and went through a rough breakup last spring. She was upset about it and her studies were suffering, and the doc threw some Zoloft at her. She's still on it, because she got even MORE depressed when she went off of it.

Losing your hair? Can't sleep? (I'm guilty of that one, I have an Ambien prescription with two more refills). Can't get it up? Sweat too much? Low libido? Scared of social situations? The list goes on.

You have to wonder how people got along before all these uberdrugs were invented.

-K

Trinitis
08-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Well, first of all. The LIVED LIFE. They took the good with the bad, and struggled on.

This day and age, everyone is a fuckin pussy. My girlfriend still gets uppity with me because I refuse to take some asprin for a headache, unless it gets extreamly bad.

The plus to that? When I DO take asprin..it knocks shit out right away. because my body has not grown accustomed to it.

Latrinsorm
08-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
This day and age, everyone is a fuckin pussy.Also, apples used to taste better, kids knew how to mind their elders, and our little brown brothers knew their place.

Did you suddenly age like 50 years or what?

xtc
08-09-2004, 05:01 PM
Hey if phony Tony was my Prime Minister I would probably be taking Prozac as well. It is amazing what is in the water supply anti-biotics, female hormones from the pill etc.

08-09-2004, 07:58 PM
GOOD WORK TO LOSING TO A BUNCH OF FARMERS IN THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR YOU FUCKING LOBSTER BACKS!!!!!1111211111

- Arkans

Latrinsorm
08-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Arkans
GOOD WORK TO LOSING TO A BUNCH OF FARMERS IN THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR YOU FUCKING LOBSTER BACKS!!!!!1111211111Hey now, that's not quite fair.

We also had the French on our side. :saint:

fallenSaint
08-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Do they make a pill that can get me past my Gemstone addiction?

Originally posted by SpunGirl
This is a sad side effect of a society that thinks you need a pill to fix everything.

Kids acting up? Tone 'em down with some Ritalin. Yes, I'm aware that ADD is very serious in some cases, but it seems to me that too many parents are too quick to point to a disorder as a cause for their kids' behavior rather than looking at... gasp... their own parenting practices.

Feeling blue? Prozac, Zoloft, Wellbutrin.... they all await. A friend of mine is a vet student and went through a rough breakup last spring. She was upset about it and her studies were suffering, and the doc threw some Zoloft at her. She's still on it, because she got even MORE depressed when she went off of it.

Losing your hair? Can't sleep? (I'm guilty of that one, I have an Ambien prescription with two more refills). Can't get it up? Sweat too much? Low libido? Scared of social situations? The list goes on.

You have to wonder how people got along before all these uberdrugs were invented.

-K

Betheny
08-10-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by fallenSaint
Do they make a pill that can get me past my Gemstone addiction?

Originally posted by SpunGirl

-K

Yea, they often use Paxil to treat OCD and dissasociative disorder.

SpunGirl
08-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Originally posted by Arkans
GOOD WORK TO LOSING TO A BUNCH OF FARMERS IN THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR YOU FUCKING LOBSTER BACKS!!!!!1111211111Hey now, that's not quite fair.

We also had the French on our side. :saint:

Yeah, that was when the French used their "one time badass deal" to show military prowess. In return, Satan turned them in to whimpering hairy losers who couldn't find the deodorant for the rest of eternity.

-K

Lady Mazelina
08-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
Well, first of all. The LIVED LIFE. They took the good with the bad, and struggled on.

This day and age, everyone is a fuckin pussy. My girlfriend still gets uppity with me because I refuse to take some asprin for a headache, unless it gets extreamly bad.

The plus to that? When I DO take asprin..it knocks shit out right away. because my body has not grown accustomed to it.

I'll give you fucking uppity when you come to me complaining that your head hurts so bad that you can't sleep and I show girlfriends concern enough to ask if you have anything to assist...ya jackass!!:flamed:

Tsa`ah
08-11-2004, 10:27 AM
I should be surprised at how easily people swallow revisionist history, but it happens so often.

If you think for one minute that the Brits "lost" the revolutionary war, you're insane.

We won because they could not win without severe and heavy losses. It wasn't worth it to them at the time.

xtc
08-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Why do Americans hate the French so much?

GSLeloo
08-11-2004, 12:12 PM
I personally like the French. I never really got that whole hatred most Americans have of them. It's a beautiful country, the people aren't all that bad, and I don't think you can hate an entire country for a stereotype.

Trinitis
08-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by xtc
Why do Americans hate the French so much?

Because time after time after time they throw up the white flag, insted of fighting for whats right. Then bitch us out for doing the right thing.

Latrinsorm
08-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
I should be surprised at how easily people swallow revisionist history, but it happens so often.Yeah, well... :revise revise revise: we won the hell out of 1812!!! Woo-hah!

Not all Americans hate the French. A number of Americans were upset with France for not supporting us in the War on Terror/Iraq/Whoever the hell we feel like.

StrayRogue
08-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Yep, its hardly a sideeffect of "British" life. We tend to get things from you guys these days, like wantonly suing companies and people for every little thing, or taking pills because "I've got a cold". People of "high society" are lazy, whichever country they are from.

xtc
08-11-2004, 03:38 PM
lol America won the war of 1812? Come on now the Canucks burned the White House to the ground and pushed back American troops south of the 49th Parallel.

Overlord
08-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Theres gonna be pills for everything eventually..

Originally posted by Maimara
It Sucks To Be British

No just sucks to be English (theres no pills that can fix this horrid birth defect), because you know, Scots are superior.

Latrinsorm
08-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by xtc
lol America won the war of 1812? Come on now the Canucks burned the White House to the ground and pushed back American troops south of the 49th Parallel. When I put :revise: in a reponse to a post about revisionist history, the words of the response are not to be taken at face value (which I thought was clear). Similarly, were I to put /sarcasm, or /kidding, or :make up stuff:, the actual meaning of the post cannot be found by the face definitions of the words.