PDA

View Full Version : Happiness

xtc
08-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Have you ever had a perfect day? Yesterday I had the most amazing day when it seemed the symmetry of the entire universe was in perfect harmony with me. I got together with some old friends that I haven’t seen in a long time. I stayed up most of the night talking about everything….. I’ve slept about 4 hours but don’t feel like it. Today I feel incredible, ok a flaky post, but is happiness is a sin?

Latrinsorm
08-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by xtc
Have you ever had a perfect day?Yes.
but is happiness is a sin? No.

Souzy
08-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Why would it be a sin? I mean unless you killed someone or hurt someone intentionally and got your jollies off of it. Then it would be a sin and you'd burn in Hell for eternity. But, I will be in bliss in about 2 hours. :bouncy:

MPSorc
08-08-2004, 04:28 PM
got a big chocolate bar waitin at home Lalana?

Betheny
08-08-2004, 04:53 PM
I know how you feel. :)

Nothing wrong with being happy. When it ends, it sucks, but there is always next time to look forward to.

MPSorc
08-08-2004, 05:32 PM
ill be in utter bliss in about an hour and a half, going on 3 hours sleep in the last 48 hours....damn you DHU!!!!!!!

Back
08-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by xtc
Have you ever had a perfect day? Yesterday I had the most amazing day when it seemed the symmetry of the entire universe was in perfect harmony with me. I got together with some old friends that I haven’t seen in a long time. I stayed up most of the night talking about everything….. I’ve slept about 4 hours but don’t feel like it. Today I feel incredible, ok a flaky post, but is happiness is a sin?

I've had many days like you describe here. Those are days that I live and work for.

The only time I feel guilty about them is having to let them go. But as Maim said, I take great comfort in the fact that there are many more to come.

And now, the Smiliese verion...

:up:

:pizza:

:2beers:

:sloppy:

:pirate:

AnticorRifling
08-08-2004, 07:05 PM
A one eyed pirate shooting that's classic.

SpunGirl
08-09-2004, 01:38 AM
Heh, xtc, I know what you mean about how great it is to get together with old friends. There's a group of friends that I went to high school with that I just love to death, and when the first four of us graduated, we made a promise to spend a few days every summer together at Lake Powell. This is the first summer we haven't been able to make it, because Bryan is in the middle of his AF training, Adam is in Iraq, Joe is trying to plan for his wedding and Christi is building a house.

No, it's not a sin. Those are the times in your life that makes all the other shit you have to deal with well worth it.

-K