PDA

View Full Version : Who are your favorite people to roleplay with, and who are they to your character?

SpunGirl
08-21-2003, 03:34 PM
I've been lucky enough to have my character surrounded by a LOT of people who are excellent role-players and who enhance the game experience for me. In no particular order:

Malikary, adoptive father
Lorinda, mother (now gone)
Adredrin, half-brother
Marclar, adoptive brother
Dainslef, friend and co-consipirator
Merjinia, longtime friend
Berkana, mentor and friend
Valiria, grandmum
Nystiral, friend (now gone)
Briah, antagonist and friend
Dalboz, heh.
Mazelina, the only halfling she likes

And those are just the people my character LIKES. Cheers also go to:

Evelith, Xanthias, Vonka, Xulia, Atoyoz, Charna, Damaris, Eugenides, Gaale, Meridi, Morgiest, Sherysse, and Zosopage, and a lot of others I probably forgot.

You guys make the game magic for me!

-K

Drew2
08-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Kasia, ex-wife
Kleyn, mother
Adredrin, partner in crime (though I'm probably related to him somehow)
Elanella, long time friend
Taylir, she's a thief ::nods::
Trillley, I'm 'her elf'.
Mazerak, ex-father-in-law - funny, funny guy.
Daina, good friend
Khaitiff, evil bastard (but fun)

CrystalTears
08-21-2003, 04:24 PM
It amazes me how many people are in the game when people post about others they roleplay with. I haven't heard of most of those people!

It's been a while, but the ones that come quickly to mind are:

Braxus - exhusband
Kilthal - friend
Revalos - friend
Clove - great friend

Aw Gaale, he was my empath's father and still a really good friend that I talk to on occasion. He's a great person.

I wish I could remember more.

Ilvane
08-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Arimantis--Ilvane's husband and faithful of Ronan. He's just my best friend in real life and out. He never failed to amaze me with his RP, even when he was goofy, and he always puts up with my moods.:grin:

Iscikella--She's like a mother figure to Ilvane, and an excellent friend

Aranrhod--One of the only people she trusts with everything she's thinking.

Jipzy(Gone)--She was the one who got me really roleplaying, and she was one of my best friends.

Setzier(not around)--Another person who has really influenced my roleplay..a lot of fun too.

Valentrus(Gone)--Ilvane's best friend and first love. He was a great person to play off of, all the time.

With my bard:

Valeria and Jadiana--Her sisters, who she loves more than life. They are always a blast to be around.

Zir--He's a blast, and great company.

Wesslyn--Her ex-husband, and a great hunting partner.

Morstanya--She's a blast, with both characters actually. She's just fun person to be around.

There are tons more, maybe I'll edit some more later.;)

-A

SpunGirl
08-21-2003, 04:57 PM
::tickles Ilvane::

You did know Sheka and Jipzy were the same player, right?

I forgot Sheka on my list, she was definitely Naessi's first and foremost mentor.

-K

Ilvane
08-21-2003, 05:18 PM
Course I knew that!

Sheka and Ilvane were very much not friends..heh..and she would drive me bonkers. Jipzy was my friend who led me along with Ronan. It was interesting, because she and I were really good friends outside of the game, and she would make me so angry as a player sometimes with the things she would say to me as Sheka :grin:

-A

Weedmage Princess
08-21-2003, 06:27 PM
I've played for a while, and there are TONS of people who made me enjoy the game day after day...I'll try to name some...starting from the beginning

Phreakler (rerolled into Dryxler), Archemise, Mandy, Ruidinn, Thorin, Ika, Elk, Viandra, Morandas, Calimoon, Cryheart, Geion, Stryka, Mxenna, Gibben, Peregolde, Beautifulgreen (I KNOW, I KNOW, BUT SHE WAS A SWEETHEART TO MY CHARACTER ATLEAST!), Jadow(the original), Tejita (the original), Celast, Korlos, Rheign, Gerad, Kyrolyn, Targon, Tenderhand, Zanagan (the original), Scheree, Clintmire, Ashleigh, Skieh, Artemisa, Iooy, Scintillion (I KNOW AGAIN!!!), Cassioppia (the original), Nindy, Pyrocite (she pulled off evil pretty good, too..I forgot about her), Naamit....oh man I know I'm forgetting lots but it's been a while and I am hungry..heh.

peam
08-21-2003, 06:40 PM
I have the most fun roleplay when it's with someone whom I've never met before.

I try not to fall into little cliques.

AnticorRifling
08-21-2003, 06:40 PM
I like interacting with alot of folks from these boards, for the most part you are on the same wave length as me. If you interact with Anticor and you post here you're covered under this paragraph (too many to list)

Celember, Kinshack, Naamit, Zimzum, Kogline, and a bunch more I'm sure. They are all good to interact with but I don't think they read here.

To all of you, thanks for making my time fun.

[Edited on 8-21-2003 by AnticorRifling]

Zentoph
08-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Hmm.. I've met a lot of people I've like. If you're not listed here but have interacted with Soroth before, that doesn't mean I hate you or anything.. This isn't in order of who I like from best to worse or anything, either.

Nershyve- Good hunting partner, quite possibly one of the funniest people in Elanthia.

Mahrekesh- Friend and roleplayer, she has definitely helped me create Soroth the character, not just a name with some numbers attached.

Maimara- Soroth's whore, I don't need to say much more then that.

Avanine- Great person to be with, holds true to her roleplay very well.

Chillwind- Just some meaningless friend.

Mannorog- Great roleplayer, lots of fun to be around.

Gerbill- Some silly dark elf who is infatuated with Soroth.

[Edited] It isn't Mogonis, it's Mannorog.

[Edited on 8-22-03 by Zentoph]

Vixen
08-21-2003, 08:58 PM
Hmm favorite people to roleplay with, I dont know if I can remember everyone over the years
As my empath: Her hugely insane family.. most notably, Kilyst, Jadiana, Gwennie, Darmie et all.
Her sister Mistytwilight. Her niece Evelith.
Ghrom... Iscikella... Ioannides...
My Grandkids: Naessi, Marclar and Adredrin
Satrn, Lairia, Skyfawn, Elanella.. all the empaths... gah..
I know there are so many more, I just cant think of all of them

As my vixen: Evelith my best friend
Altasren: One of the few people who know how Kas ticks
Tayre: ex husband
Atoyoz... Xanthias... all the Fury members basically
And any male person unattached.. and some that are..

Artha
08-21-2003, 09:14 PM
I don't think I have favorites...I'd rather RP with everyone.

SpunGirl
08-22-2003, 01:21 AM
Heh. Naessi would flip out if she found out she was related to Evelith, best keep it quiet.

I don't think I RP only in a little "clique," but I do enjoy being around people who understand my character. I like to STAY in character at all times (though everyone slips sometimes), and some really random things set my character off. Sometimes people who aren't at least semi-familiar with her think I'M just being a bitch when she freaks out over something.

-K

Scott
08-22-2003, 01:31 AM
With the little roleplaying I actually do:

Raklon, Gerbill, Snapp, Mannorog, Flugziffer, Calean, Missoni, Drakam, Staerin, Violentmoon, and anyone else who accepts my insults and will actually roleplay it out.....

Bestatte
08-22-2003, 09:44 AM
Whew..long list, but I'll pare it down.

Most of these people were part of the "clan" Bestatte was in. A family of sorts.

Rhowena, Molochai, Sheole, Drulovrocathey, Haaka were the primary characters. Most of the rest I've forgotten their names. Drulov was kinda a nemesis for Bestatte, some totally intense RP with him. Sheole was just plain nutty but a lot of fun. Haaka was eccentric as hell and crazy-ass fun to play with. Rho and Molo were the "parent" figures.

Armentaro and Gundabhyr, Mithumbras (scary character but in a strangly compelling way), Ygrael (who coined the term "strangely compelling"), Desler (doh!). The core Dhe'nar group until things got weird:

Starsnuffer, Starshadow, Kree (I always thought of him as the Godfather.. calm, cool, collected, even while he's got a blade to your throat and a hand in your pocket), Igrak, the Dhe'nar dwarves (the original ones, can't remember their names so SORRY!), Krynith

Lylia and Silvean (just awesome to RP with, no relation to Bestatte), Setzer (before he changed his name to Setzier and after). And that guy Panther who'd show up every so often.

Bleeds (limited interaction but memorable), Thalior (in his earlier days), the original crew of Twilight Hall, Kceb (Bestatte's hunting partner and close friend for most of her later years), Kwib (hunting partner and SO for her earlier years), and kick me for forgetting the name of the guy who Bestatte thought was the absolute sweetest kindest gentlest wizard in existence, who used to hang out in the treehouse and actually cried when he had to kill (I think Melkinor, or someone similar) one day.

Drizzdt was always fun to RP with when he wasn't surrounded by twits challenging him for this that and the other thing. Bleys, for being Bleys.

And this one guy whose name began with an N...I think it was Nil or something like that.. who just showed up out of the blue one day talking about his partner named Friday who just happened to be a bat, and he was extraordinarily convincing about his history and background.

Trinitis
08-22-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
::tickles Ilvane::

You did know Sheka and Jipzy were the same player, right?

I forgot Sheka on my list, she was definitely Naessi's first and foremost mentor.

-K

No Cacalia? I'm hurt.. :P

-Adredrin

SpunGirl
08-22-2003, 11:48 AM
Considering your massive crew of characters, I think just putting Adredrin in does you justice. Now go smooch Kylie at once!

-K

Betheny
08-22-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Zentoph
Maimara- Soroth's whore, I don't need to say much more then that.
[Edited on 8-22-03 by Zentoph]

??!!!!!!??!??!?!?!

09-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Klaive's woman.
Racingheart.
Xanathia.
Dyspopular.
Adyria.
Atlantar.
Jean Claude Van Damme.

Betheny
09-04-2003, 03:18 AM
I'd have to say, anyone that actually RP's.

Sepher, Naamit, Alisaire, Tierus, Divid, Aeillwyna, Malikary, Aasterinian, Culvin, Zvardin... lots more... too lazy to think.

09-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
I'd have to say, anyone that actually RP's.

Sepher, Naamit, Alisaire, Tierus, Divid, Aeillwyna, Malikary, Aasterinian, Culvin, Zvardin... lots more... too lazy to think.

I think that many would agree, but personally, I like to RP with good role-players and poor role-players alike. My main criteria is if they're nice or not. I like nice people who enjoy my company. Anything beyond that is just fluff to me.

Dighn Darkbeam
09-10-2003, 02:00 PM
Moredin, Wulfhen, Kalanira, Shakrean (when he is given permission), and the rest of the Rest. Obsidian Tower staff both new and old.

Divid....? If he turned off his culture. Is there more than one person with this name?

Miss X
09-11-2003, 12:12 PM
I love RPing with Scrumples, my halfling has a strange crush on him! Bonespur and all his souls are great to RP with. My cleric has had some great interactions with Morstanya that I've really enjoyed. The sums of course, especially Trubbelsum! I think the best RP ive had recently has been with Shimmerain, he doesnt tend to say much in crowds but when we're alone or in small groups he has really impressed and inspired me!
Vx

DCSL
09-12-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Dighn Darkbeam
Moredin, Wulfhen, Kalanira, Shakrean (when he is given permission), and the rest of the Rest. Obsidian Tower staff both new and old.

Divid....? If he turned off his culture. Is there more than one person with this name?

I love Shakrean. He's a hoot. He adopted my rogue against her will and she's really come to like calling him "Pops." Which is probably out-of-genre but she's really just not very respectful.

Betheny
09-12-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Dighn Darkbeam

1. Who are you to judge him, you don't even know his character.

2. Culture SHOULD have a flag, but does not.

3. What's wrong with his RP? I've always found him pleasant to interact with. Then again, I don't treat him like shit (in-character or not.)

Solkern
09-12-2003, 04:38 AM
I have to say my favorite all time person to roleplay with was ryever, he pretty much defined how a dark elf was realy suppose to be played, He wa evil with a sarcastic sense of humor, always a great persont o be around, well if you were his friend. But he was a great guy and a great roleplayer

Dighn Darkbeam
09-17-2003, 09:03 AM
(Maimara's post)

If someone calls themself Dhe'nar yet totally ignores that aspect of their character, it would be almost OOC for Dighn not to treat him like shit. Exiles in Dhe'nari society are would-be corpses that are fleet of foot.

Im not trying to insult the character or the player. I am not trying to flame this person. I believe I spoke to him about it in whispers before. Why set your culture flag if your not going to roleplay your choice?

Count off all you want. People often confuse being nice with good roleplaying. If this post is seen as off topic, I wont mind if it is pulled.

[Edited on 9-17-2003 by Dighn Darkbeam]

ElvenRangeress
09-17-2003, 11:12 PM
I like to roleplay with Lonedragon, he does so well! lleonie as well, we roleplayed her having a baby! was well planned out in advanced though, but was so much fun ;o)

Mistomeer
12-28-2003, 09:52 PM

Alisaire? LOL, she's a complete idiot. She changes sides constantly (competely changing what she believes) to whatever has the best tangible benefits. But I'm not at all surprised you would think she's a great roleplayer.

Caiylania
12-29-2003, 07:34 AM
I am in the wrong circles, I barely know any of these people and am not on anyones list of a good rper. ::sniffs::

Czeska
12-29-2003, 12:19 PM
One thing I like a lot is when someone knows more than 1 of my characters, and can treat them differently. I play them as having different personalities and moods, so that's fun for me.
Some of my favorites (immediate family aside) include Lecit (I still have the log of when he first explained CoL to Czeska), Pierat, and even Edine if I'm in the mood to be a bitch or an antagonist.

Silversi
12-29-2003, 05:02 PM
<also putting immediate family aside, you all are of course my favorite always *mentions some of the anyway..Czeska and the clan, Silnoc, Nevik, Darkor, Staceyrain, Siyan>

Pierat .. gods I hated him when I first met him, then over time, he's become one of my best friends and favorite people to play with. With his mix of total ass and Mr. high and mightly combined with the loving, protective friend makes him an awesome character.

there's a lot more that I enjoy playing with..but I'm just gonna list names lol too lazy to type out why for everyone. SOme of these people dont interact with Silversi, but with other characters of mine.

Mulelip, Petyr, Gemni, Izadriel (the nail biting rogue LOL), Nanton, Nadrena, Ewin (gone from the lands for now), bah, I'm sure there's people I'm leaving out.

Bobmuhthol
12-29-2003, 05:10 PM
I like to roleplay with Bobmuhthol because he is such a cool guy.

Parkbandit
12-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

In other words.. Bob plays with himself constantly.

I hope he goes blind.

Bobmuhthol
12-29-2003, 05:16 PM
I'm not Warclaidhm, kthx.

Mistomeer
12-29-2003, 06:15 PM

Hey now, I always liked hanging out with Bob.

Mistomeer
12-29-2003, 06:22 PM
Pierat .. gods I hated him when I first met him, then over time, he's become one of my best friends and favorite people to play with. With his mix of total ass and Mr. high and mightly combined with the loving, protective friend makes him an awesome character.

Mulelip, Petyr, Gemni, Izadriel (the nail biting rogue LOL), Nanton, Nadrena, Ewin (gone from the lands for now), bah, I'm sure there's people I'm leaving out.

<sarcasm>Yeah, Pierat DaPirate(I think that's his last name) is the epitome of excellent RP. </sarcasm>

He's nothing more than a bully with a dumbass name(one of the worst in the game, actually) that needs to retire and stay retired.

Mulelip, however, does kick ass. I met him on Teras and always enjoyed hanging out with him. Actually, everyone I met on Teras was alot of fun. Dragging Rorac out to Sand Devils while he slept was always a favorite past-time, that and beating the women to a pulp at the Hog's Pen. Scheree cheats.

Bobmuhthol
12-29-2003, 06:24 PM
<<Mulelip, Petyr, Gemni, Izadriel (the nail biting rogue LOL), Nanton, Nadrena, Ewin (gone from the lands for now), bah, I'm sure there's people I'm leaving out.>>

Isn't Izadriel a warrior?

In any event, he's a good guy.

Skirmisher
12-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Pierat.....goodness gracious thats a blast from the past.

Does he still like to go into low level areas and show off for the newbies? I remember him coming into the cats with his polearming self and amazing the newcomers with his pwning of the salamanders.

Impressive stuff that.

Izadriel
12-29-2003, 08:14 PM
wahoo.. people like me. :)

::Izadriel chews on his fingernails::

[Edited on 12-30-2003 by Izadriel]

Mistomeer
12-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Izadriel

Game over, you win!

Kurapira
12-30-2003, 06:09 AM
Let's see...

Violenttmoon, Alania, Skyfawn, Tijay, Val, Huka, Boomsplat, Saberwolv, Asbris, Linsha, Satira, Tayre, Deschaiyn, Arreglo, Daeamark, Ellesande, Lokirro, Desdemia and countless others.

Weedmage Princess
12-30-2003, 06:46 AM
LOL I remember Pierat...he's still around, eh?

Izadriel
12-30-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Mistomeer

Originally posted by Izadriel

Game over, you win!

Game over, I win! Eh? :?:

Izadriel
12-30-2003, 08:01 AM

Isn't Izadriel a warrior?

In any event, he's a good guy.

Thanks Bob, not such a bad guy yerself.. rogue here, not warrior.. hehe

Can't exactly say I have a favorite cept mostly the normal East Tower bunch I've seen.. Wesmark, Kerrydwen, Nadrena, Biade, maybe a few others.. Izzy needs to get out of the tower more often.

Czeska
12-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Pierat is still around now and then. And if you knew his RL personality, you'd see that his RP is, in fact, excellent.
I too thought he was a total ass when I met him. Arrogant SOB. Well, ok. He's still an ass .. but.. also one of my close friends in the lands. A genuine good heart once you're on the crew.

MaryJane
12-30-2003, 08:34 AM
Who's that guy that started wearing a diaper like a year ago? I'm pretty sure he was friends with Pierat. I think he may still be in the lands..

Was that Ishiyama, or am I being confused again?

Czeska
12-30-2003, 08:35 AM
Plur?

MaryJane
12-30-2003, 09:02 AM
Ya, it was Plur. I think Ishiyama wore a loincloth.

Silversi
12-30-2003, 10:36 AM
Eep... apparently ya dont know Pierat in RL.. you'd realize how great his RP was lol. He's a sweetie with a huge heart. If ya get to know the character Pierat better, you'll also see that the arrogant ass is very good to his friends :grin:

oh yeah and I did forget a few.. Deathlore, Gothique, Jurporia, Ravinold.. and the rest of the gang on Teras *SMOOCHES to you all*

Kurapira
12-30-2003, 11:04 AM
I wasn't mentioned once.

::runs away crying like Garr. WARN INTERACTIONS all of you::

You meanies!!

Izadriel
12-30-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Kurapira
I wasn't mentioned once.

::runs away crying like Garr. WARN INTERACTIONS all of you::

You meanies!!

I dun know you.. you a meanie.

Edaarin
12-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Spend enough time around Edaarin and you'll get your warn interaction. Just ask Tijay.

You can usually find me at Hearthstone, BS'ing with the same people. Every now and then something interesting might happen. Feel free to stop by and introduce yourself.

Mistomeer
12-30-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Czeska
Pierat is still around now and then. And if you knew his RL personality, you'd see that his RP is, in fact, excellent.
I too thought he was a total ass when I met him. Arrogant SOB. Well, ok. He's still an ass .. but.. also one of my close friends in the lands. A genuine good heart once you're on the crew.

Oh, I'm sure he has a tender, meek personality in real life and is a total sweetheart that uses his high level character in game to be the complete badass that he can't be in real life. Just a guess though. He's a dumb snert, typical landing trash that likes to start fights with younger characters at every opportunity and still has one of the Stupidest names in the land. I thought this thread was about good RP, not about people you like to play the game with. Maybe it's just me, but when you have the god-awful name of Pierat DaPirate and spend some 90% of your time bullying younger characters that's mutually exclusive with good RP. But that's just my opinion.

MrThorbizzle
12-30-2003, 01:00 PM
PIERAT DAPIRATE???

Man...that's just brutal...

Saw him in stocks outside the bank just a week ago

Czeska
12-30-2003, 01:01 PM
My point, and I think Silversi's too, is that he is portraying a person in the game who is quite different than his RL personality. Thus, RP.
And I've seen him help a lot of people, young and older alike. Seen him pick on a lot too, but not because he's old. Usually, in my opinion, he does it to get a rise out of someone, and hopefully something clever.
Btw, I've picked on his name a zillion times.

12-30-2003, 01:25 PM
well i assure you im far worse in that aspect that Pierat is he rarely takes things as far as I do. And he plays a character that has history behind it

Shalla
12-30-2003, 01:37 PM
Er. Edit

[Edited on 12-30-2003 by Lady Shalla]

Myrianna
12-30-2003, 01:51 PM
My favorite is Neptezzor, yes she's Myr's daughter, so I'm somewhat biased... But she's such a doll...
For Thrakmas she was going to have an amulet made out of the first gift that Myr gave her, which was a yellow diamond, it symbolized our first meeting, before I adopted her, and although that wasn't what I ended up getting from her, the fact that she kept a silly diamond for the past few months and considered making it into an amulet for her mother was just too sweet... She also knows most of my other characters, and always treats them as friends/aunts, never refers to them as Myr or talks to them as she would to Myr... Even in whispers, she asks them if they know whether or not she'll get to see her mother any time soon... It's just too cute.

Aside from her, I love interacting with -
as Myr: Rasl - fiance, Riggin - dad, Wylde, Buen...
as my rogue: Molz, Sticky, Ratolin, Razeors...
as my wizard: Khaitiff, Daina...
as my Sorceress: Sheilagh ...
as any of my girls : Harplo, Thyri (two of the sweetest people I've ever met and will probably ever meet)

Edited to add... spacing and such...

[Edited on 12-30-2003 by Myrianna]

Pierat
12-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Where do I begin... First my favorite player to roleplay with was Sylvine...... now ill start addressing all of your errors.

Pierat never used a polearm. his other wonderfully named brother, Flamepirate used a polearm before Pierat was ever made, a nice 8x massvily critted one (dont ask) He went to salamanders often cause his friends were lower levels and hunted there, wow, that was about 7 years ago RL cant believe I had to explain it.....

About Pierat "picking" on younger characters... I have never once checked someones level before speaking my mind. Someone says something rude to someone, or doesnt say "please" and demands something like to be healed, or to be raised faster....he speaks his mind, no matter what "level"

About Plur - Pierat couldnt STAND Plur at first and in fact I think they got into it a few times, over time they gained mutual friends and it became eaiser to gain a mutual respect for eachother

Now about Pierat being a bully. Mind you im defending Pierat as a character here not myself..... Pierat is harse, rough around the edges, and not always right, although usually he picks his arguments till he finds one with a point he know he can argue well, so its hard to prove him wrong. Go on try sometime :) Anyhow, hes never been, or ever has been a bully and I can prove it. He only gets harsh with people who have made the first move. Hes stuck on his ways sure, he wont bless you unless you pay him sure, but thats not being a bully. Now, if you sit there and insult him cause he wont bless you, and he reacts, and hes older then you, again, that is not being a bully, because you didnt have to get the bless, and you didnt have to insult him. In fact, if you sit there and insult him and he somehow couldnt defend himself, you would be being the bully! Lets see, when else does he get harsh, once or twice hes webbed someone who wont stop dragging a body.... then of cource he removes it and doesnt hurt the person.... hmmm I could go on, but I really shouldnt have to, anyone who ever says Pierat is a bully has clearly done something to agrivate him and egg him on. Now if you want to argue Pierat could solve his arguments better, or learn to get a temper, or be more patient with people..... Youd have a pretty good case, but those are his traits, a bully? is not one of them

About the name - Boy are you people running out of ammo or something? Gosh, Of cource plain Pirate was taken, I was 15, and it was 10 years ago! LOL give that one up, I cant/wont change it now!

And lastly about me in real life and somehow trying to make up for not being able to be a "badass".... Uhhh well, im pretty happy with my life, and I dont feel a need to defend it, everything rocks actually except for my mom not being too well right now :) Thanks for asking though! Even if it was out of trying to use a low blow! lol
-Pierat/Kit
P.S. Smooches to Czeska and Silversi, for standing up for me since I never even knew about this board, while you didnt have to, it meant allot to see some friendly faces mixed in with the uhhh others that I will just excuse as not spending the time to get to know me! Oh and Edine who I apprieate ever so much for not only his witty comments, but for being a ego-boost, its not every day you have someone copying 'some' of your traits, (poorly I might add)... I mean, it makes a guy feel good to know theres not only someone else out there doing what you do, inspired by you, but cant quite pull it off as good anyhow! ::duck:: nudges Edine

[Edited on 12-31-2003 by Pierat]

12-30-2003, 07:45 PM
umm I stood up for you too Pierat ::sniffs::
and you pick on me all the time without me doing anything first!

Xcalibur
12-30-2003, 07:46 PM
Pierat the pirate? or I remember wrong?

If it's him, I remember stealing money in the park to get blessed by him

was fun, i guess

Silversi
12-30-2003, 07:51 PM
awww Edine.. you always do something, or have planned to do something, or will be doing something in the next 5 minutes to deserve Pierat picking on you :grin:

12-30-2003, 07:55 PM
nuh uh!

12-30-2003, 07:57 PM
Alas I have just impoved upon the master... The student has become the teacher CakeMouse.

Czeska
12-30-2003, 08:02 PM
Silv, Edine never does any picking on anyone!

Oh wait.. i've lost my mind.

Carry on.

Killer Kitten
12-30-2003, 08:10 PM
Ti used to kind of tiptoe around Pierat, I never knew what to make of him and was pretty wary. As the years went by I got over that wariness and learned that I enjoyed interacting with him.

He's also been really nice to my little one while she was hunting in archies without knowing who her big sister was. She has a dumb name and an off the wall hunting style but he always treated her with a very dignified and grave courtesy, as if she were much older and much more respectable.

The guy's been a gentleman to me, no matter what body I'm walking around in. And he is fun to roleplay with.

To be on topic, one of my all time favorite people to roleplay with was Jormungaand, who was Tilone's son. I'd always end up feeling like I really was the mother of a teenager. A good kid, but a complete and total hellion.

Kimm/Tilone

12-30-2003, 08:14 PM
well Pierat was only nice because he was after something... hes a Pirate so he was waiting for the right moment to have his way with her.

Sean
12-30-2003, 08:15 PM
i always though pierat was fun when i was at voln.

and edaarins right hes a warn whore who hides at the steps go warn him and say hi.

Pierat
12-30-2003, 08:19 PM
Gads Edine, if you could only get away with the stuff you dream you could if you were me! ::duck:: -Pierat

Mistomeer
12-30-2003, 08:28 PM
You play a bully and now you come here to explain it all away? You've made a long career of pissing people off, you've got a terrible name (That's not running out of ammo, it's stating the obvious), and you hang out in places filled with lower level characters and "speak your mind" thus starting fights. But yeah, you're the epitome of good RP because your character is nothing like you as a person which as we all know makes you a good Roleplayer. It's like if you're white, but act black in the game and talk about your favorite urban fads constantly you're good at RP because that's not who you are in real life. You should go to OTF and constantly "speak your mind" rather than areas full of lower-level characters. What else is one to think when every single time they encounter Pierat he's in an area that is frequented by low-level characters and he's goading them into fights?

Here's the definition of bully: "A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people. "

I'd say in the many times I've run into Pierat over the years (with many characters) that's summed up every experience I've had with him. He acts like an ass, if you do any thing but take it, he casts at you.

It comes as no surprise that Pierat and Edine are friends. They're both dumbasses that look for verbal arguments and result to violence if they lose.

My point here, however, is that being a good Roleplayer is more than just conducting your character in a manner different from your person. Just because your character is different from your person, doesn't mean that you're a great roleplayer.

Silversi
12-30-2003, 08:39 PM
WHOA... a bit harsh, I really can't say how Pierat was years ago, but we've been friends now for going on 2 years and yeah I see him get on people, but never bully for the sake of bulling, nor do I see him go into low level areas just to get to the young ones. Geez, get a grip.... Pierate has a lot of friends, and there's a good reason why. He's an awesome person in game and out, and just because he doesn't put up with any shit from people doesn't make him deserving of this kind of crap. :grumble:

12-30-2003, 08:42 PM
heh what a Tool.
Tayre your title has been passed onto mistomeer

Silversi I see how it is you defend Pierat and not me ::Scoffs::

bah does anyone love me anymore

Silversi
12-30-2003, 08:45 PM
::leans over onto Edine:: yer a pain in the ass darlin, but.. bah, alright, I suppose, in some off kind of way.. maybe way down somewhere in my heart, if I pull out the magnifing glass and look really really hard.. I love you a little. Maybe

Pierat
12-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Then clearly if you have run into Pierat with several characters and had a episode with him many times its time to examine yourself.

Pierat rarely ever even speaks to someone he doesnt know unless addressed first, save them being too rude to an empath or other cleric at voln for him to keep his mouth shut.

Since youve had a problem with several characters, also I would suggest again looking back on yourself, since clearly your unable to not start something with Pierat even as a different character, something you did set it off, and I highly doubt you didnt walk into the room and say to youself, im going to try to be nice/polite to Pierat and see how he reacts "this" time...lol

As for hanging out at areas full of low level characters you can only use 1 example, fire salamanders, and that was over 7 years ago. You seem to talk allot of dirt, but your not backing it up with any facts, Voln? He sits there cause his friends are there, its NOT a hunting area, people of all ages are there, and its where he helps people and raises... so you cant use that one either! Think hard ::im even thinking:: Nope, Pierat pretty much doesnt leave voln so um.. Your just plain off and wrong, lol sorry!

The plain simple truth is, if your not asking him for a bless and dont like to hear no, and if your not walking into the room trying to start something, or being outlandishly rude to one of his friends in front of him or harrasing a empath trying to heal or demanding to be raised now now now from a cleric, you wont ever have a problem with him unless your looking for one. So many people know about Pierats rep, so they get all defensive and say stupid things to him to egg him on and they get what they expect, and why shouldnt they, you sound all disapointed that he was mean to you, when you must have know when your other characters what to expect if you werent nice to him.

Pierat doesnt care about your level, ill say that again for you since you werent listening. He believes in mutual respect, and I think other peoples posts here will back that up, you speak to him with respect, you will be spoken to with the same respect. Try learning some respect then go talk to Pierat, youll see....

Pierat
12-30-2003, 08:58 PM
Bah, paragraphs! Gimme a break! I just found out about these boards today and the quick reply thing was perfect for my rant! :)

Bah! There now youve gone and done it, I edited the post and added paragraphs! Words! Bah! And now ive had to go and edit this one to anounce the editing of my edits, bah

Skirmisher
12-30-2003, 09:05 PM
I was the one who brought up the whole salamanders bit so make sure to address the proper person when insulting them.

I also stand by my statements and do not require your spin on things as I myself was there quite often and witnessed the interactions i mentioned.

I didn't say you were one of the horsemen of the apocolypse and you may have improved drastically since then, but at that point your role playing was poor at best.

I did not and shall not comment on you since then as I really did not interact with you after that much at all.

To try to brush off all criticism pointed at you is however just silly as I would hope we all improve with time. That being said, Warscooterboy is a good example that not everyone moves along the same learning curve so you may or may not have improved since then. I'll have to take the word of others.

For all my jokes at Tijay's expense I do respect his opinion though so that counteracts a good bit of the aftertaste from my prior encounters with you.

Czeska
12-30-2003, 09:12 PM
Pierat and Edine... friends...

See that's not the word I'd pick <chuckle>

Love you Cap'n!

Pierat
12-30-2003, 09:17 PM
Who said I addressed anyone? I wrote 2 long-winded posts answering all of the things said about me in all the posts, covered the good, and the bad, even Edines! For a final note, those who wish not to have someone else's spin on something that happened, should probably not make 1 incident sound like all that someone does then! Gosh, fire salamanders, sorry you had a bad incident with Pierat um, over 7 years ago, lol... Im glad youve learned to let go of these things

Skirmisher
12-30-2003, 09:22 PM
Pierat, I thought my comments were painfully clear in that they referenced a time from years ago and did not in any way attempt to be a reflection of your current state of affairs.

I also went so far as to say how I have to accept that others whose opinions I actually respect had positive reviews of you. I thought i was incredibly fair.

Pretty please don't try to make anything more of it than that.

[Edited on 12-31-2003 by Skirmisher]

Jolena
12-30-2003, 09:53 PM
My favorite people to RP with are Mekthros, Michiko, Ariond (at times), Stunseed, Keyvon, Tayre, Kurapira, Caiylania, Satira, Ieston, Tierus, Izalude, Llyral, Stalgart, Syberus, Harliegha, Rohanion and Ellisuian. All of them for various reasons and on various characters. Some represent enemies, others friends, others family.

Mistomeer
12-31-2003, 12:00 AM
Maybe it is all my fault. I only really see Pierate around the landing - Voln, Park, Gates, GY and such. Yeah, all ages make it there from time to time, but they're frequented by lower level players. I don't need blesses or raises (I have two clerics old enough to take care all that) and rather than being rude to an empath I usually just log in an empath.
And yeah, alot of the experiences I had with Pierat were from the past, but it's because I learned to avoid your character after awhile. It's like avoiding Rorac for a year, then listening to someone say how he's the sweetest guy in the world. Well, if you had numerous confrontations with him in the past, why would you think otherwise?

Mistomeer
12-31-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by The Edine
heh what a Tool.
Tayre your title has been passed onto mistomeer

Silversi I see how it is you defend Pierat and not me ::Scoffs::

bah does anyone love me anymore

What's wrong Edine? Still mad I killed you after you started a fight with me? Gonna cry? Haha. But seriously, you're the greatest, really. You just never managed to kill me despite casting at me many times.

12-31-2003, 12:11 AM
I never tried. you really need to pick one thred and keep it there. As i have stated elsewhere relating to a diffrent subject If I so cared enough to kill you I would have imploded you. I cant really find a reason to play this who's is bigger game because I know mine already is, yet I play along for amusment.

to quote one who I obviously must be friends with since Im a ass "hes like a empty shell of a brain just with a little matter left on the edges trying to be a full one"

Sean
12-31-2003, 12:13 AM
yea seriously this is gems not complains.

i tried and rp with myself atleast once daily. no one loves me like me.

edited cause sleepy posting is worse then drunk posting.

[Edited on 12-31-2003 by Tijay]

Pierat
12-31-2003, 01:14 AM
Wow, Edine! Someone agreed with you! Anyhow, sticking to the thread, I mentioned Sylvine before, and I wanna mention one more I always enjoyed speaking to, Thrudh, and I think I even spelled it wrong I havent seen em in so long :(

Edaarin
12-31-2003, 02:43 AM
I intensely dislike Sylvine.

For what it's worth, Pierat's a good guy in my opinion. But he owes it to my rogue to bless his weapons whenever he sees him.

Czeska
12-31-2003, 08:17 AM
Everyone must meet Lecit.
<loves Lecit>

Galleazzo
02-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Heh, this needs reviving.

Some of my favorite people: Tavarion, Aurach, Debia, Kinshack, Aravian, Snuffy and Jheuvy of course, and always Avaia. Good to see out in the great outdoors.

AnticorRifling
02-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Heh, this needs reviving.

Some of my favorite people: Tavarion, Aurach, Debia, Kinshack, Aravian, Snuffy and Jheuvy of course, and always Avaia. Good to see out in the great outdoors.

Debia wants me.

Miss X
02-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Yes.. that was the impression I got to when she threatened to kill you. ;)

Shalla
02-04-2004, 10:08 PM
I like roleplaying with strangers. I don't even talk to my friends with ye olde English anymore.

When I met Tamral.. We hated and roleplayed ALOT. In character everytime we meet. Then we got to know each other on a more personal level... then we don't anymore. My bestfriends in game too.

DeV
02-19-2004, 04:54 PM
I love roleplaying with Shilara and a few others... but mostly her.

Fallen
02-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Avaia, if I am thinking of the correct person, is an excellent roleplayer.

A fantastic example of an accurate Dhe'nar. I have never seen her slip from the First Born role, as many have in recent days.

Galleazzo
02-20-2004, 09:24 AM
Avaia is way cool, one of my favorites.

(But who knows, all could change if I ever got to game with Mint .....)

:whistle: :heart: :whistle:

[Edited on 2-20-2004 by Galleazzo]

LilHellcat
02-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Back a few years ago I was a well brat. We had a family that somewhat resembled that of the cul de sac. Now I just mostly hang around with my boyfriend in game and a few of his real life friends who play. Werileo, Blaylock, Grenseale. People like that. Course it also depends on which character I'm playing.

J-Tech
02-20-2004, 09:49 AM
In no particular order:

Deathravin - Friend
Frostravin - Friend
Reyek - Friend
Devlun - Friend
Angellisa - Friend
Edgeleaf (the original) - Friend
Zanagan (the original) - Friend
Meyhymm - Friend
Krovax - Friend
Earthdiver - Friend
Methais - Friend
Xenosphere - Friend

Those are my long time friends in GS, i have alot of people i am friends with now (not alot but a few more than i lsted, like Chica, but i havnt known her all that long)

J.T.

Amaron
02-20-2004, 12:52 PM
My rogue:

Silverwolf darling empath
Tunder good friend
Kilthal a mentor
Katealya funny cleric ehr aunt and alas soon to be gone
Yukito I love making him blush
Femereff great sense of humor
Charna perfect Zellian
Revalos drunk good friend
Koldeen the guild buddy of a lifetime
Zoloren her adopted father
Rimalon the greyple squirrel wizard alas gone
Pallidas her uncle alas gone
Songie a true inspiration alas was back but I haven't seen in
ages
Alisaire doesn't trust her one bit.

my bardess

Tolwynn never ooc
Dremerie I want that gelding knife hums
Elundil never ooc and a great friend
Jayleena best midwife ever
Reddwolf Her brother and a sweatheart
Clove Never a dull moment
Aurien Such a smooth talker
Tanager was an initial inspiration my first few month in the lands
Bevan She is apprenticed to him
Morgause always helpful and sweet
Tellian great friend
Dannyia sweet lil aelotoi
Mekthros gives her the creeps

my halfling

Ferdirand adorable and sweet and her crush

[Edited on 2-20-2004 by Amaron]

Fallen
02-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Morgause is excellent if a little too nice, Mekthros is one of the best in the game.

Mint
02-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Avaia is way cool, one of my favorites.

(But who knows, all could change if I ever got to game with Mint .....)

:whistle: :heart: :whistle:

[Edited on 2-20-2004 by Galleazzo]

Are there nunneries in Gemstone?

Galleazzo
02-20-2004, 03:51 PM
:saint:

Merjinia
02-20-2004, 08:11 PM
Hmm, in no particular order..and not necesarrily as Merji...

Naessi
Tayre
Alastor
Lady Senare(haven't seen her in ages)
Brediph(What happend to him??)
Findaile
Chica
Migrus
Kvath
Talantris
Valicar(when I get the chance)
Olgretien

I know there are lots others however I'll take up too much space with all the names..

Amaron
02-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Ack I forgot Talantris as well.... gads he was soo much fun