PDA

View Full Version : Armor changes

Slider
08-06-2004, 04:09 AM
Been noticing something and I am not sure if it is something I should bug in-game, or if it's just normal with the new armor changes. I have a set of (altered) FGB, heavy crit padding, but for some reason, if I get hit for more than 7-8 points of damage, I take a minor every single time. Now, I understand (I think) that I will not always be getting the full benifit of the crit padding, but every time taking a minor? Not sure if i am seeing the hit after the crit padding is being applied, but it still seems a bit strange.

It almost seems like i should give up on the brig and just go with a set of double chain, spell failure isn't but a few points higher, and it doesn't appear to have any effect on my ambushing (Ranger) so, any ideas? Stick with the brig or go with a set of double chain?

Latrinsorm
08-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Be advised that hiding changes are going to make hiding in heavier armor (presumably chain) more difficult. You may just be having a string of bad luck with your padding not kicking in all the way (or at all).

StrayRogue
08-06-2004, 11:50 AM
The crit padding is probably reducing the hit from something greater to a minor wound. Post some logs of you getting hit. And yeah, chain is still better.

Latrinsorm
08-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Now that I think of it, is it possible for crit padding to reduce a rank 1 crit to a rank 0 crit?

Jonty
08-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Now that I think of it, is it possible for crit padding to reduce a rank 1 crit to a rank 0 crit?

Nope.

Bobmuhthol
08-06-2004, 03:37 PM
If you get hit for 7 raw damage in scale, you're going to get injured.