PDA

View Full Version : The onyx one requires help

AnticorRifling
08-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Basically I'm working on two alters and I'd like the help of you, the PC collective, in the design of these alters.

1) a twisted vultite cylinder, it's a lance that collapses. I want to alter it to fit Anticor.

2) I need to make a sporran for Anticor. I will use either my shadowy black onyx-studded hip-satchel(belt worn holds like 40) or a pin worn tunic that holds 100. If I can get the tunic into a sporran I'm golden, if not then the hip-satchel will have to do.

2 revision A) I would also like some ideas for the tunic in and of itself as a torso covering garment for Anticor, possibly a tabbard or some such.

Info to help you....

Giantman war mage, wears a ton of onyx, V'tullian(subtle I'm not all V'tull this and V'tull that in my garb), Ishan of the Grot'karesh.

Here's the alters I have on him thus far:

an onyx-studded black spell kit
Elegant black silk covers this hard-sided case designed to hold spell components and implements. A large onyx-inset lock that has been etched with complex runes tightly secures the lid. Interior pockets have been well padded to protect ingredient vials and potions, with a cylinder case for scrolls on one side. A faceted onyx plate on the lid has been etched with the monogram, "A.R."

an onyx-studded harness
Crafted of thick, tanned leather netting and studded with disks of onyx, this harness is extremely serviceable. Saramar runes have been stamped deeply into the leather and engraved upon the onyx disks. The initials "A. R." have been burned on the inside of the harness.

a miniature black glass scimitar pin adorned with crimson runes

an onyx-trimmed black silk greatcloak
Based on the size of this cloak, it was fitted for a giantman, and a large one at that. The rich black spidersilk has been lined with a myriad of pockets that contain mysterious ingredients suitable for potions and spells that a wizard may find useful. Polished onyx gemstones edging the cloak have been etched with complex runes. The cloak closes at the throat with a large veil iron-edged onyx clasp.

some ceremonial Ishan hunts
Heavy leather has been crafted into a suit of armor large enough for a giantman. Black studs rivet the seams, while small onyx-hued rolaren discs have been stitched on for additional protection. The back of the leathers is covered with a large bearskin, the hollowed head forming a fierce-looking helm. The bearskin is bound to the pauldrons with rolaren hammer clasps, each etched with Saramar runes surrounding the symbol of the Ishan from the Grot-karesh Hammer Clan. You also notice a small enchanter's mark.

a twisted signet ring inset with a miniature onyx scimitar on a field of crimson

a ceremonial onyx and crimson Ishan greatkilt

a pair of black traveling boots
These well-used yet durable boots have been fashioned for comfort and, albeit old, the subtle sheen of the leather shows they are well cared for. The leather tongue of each boot, pulled high to protect the shins, is held in place by sturdy laces ladder-threaded through gleaming onyx eyelets and knotted in the middle in the traditional Ishan fashion. The heels have been seared with miniature symbols of V'tull and small onyx rivets have been punched through the fabric at the seams to ensure a snug fit.

an onyx-hafted godendag
This slightly curving blade has been crafted from a darkened steel and veined with onyx. The thick metal has been folded upon itself over and over, giving it a very fine edge and strong forge. Along the blade Saramar runes have been etched their meaning known only to Ishan long since past. The haft has been wrapped in treated leather giving a comfortable yet secure grip. At the base of the shaft a large onyx stone etched with two crossed battle hammers and the letters "A.R." has been securely set. The godendag is surrounded by a scintillating white light.

That's it, heh. Thanks for the help in advance.

AnticorRifling
08-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Well now I have to either get the cylinder back or buy another one, I dropped it like a dumbass and hopefully the person that picked it up, Xzamoth, will return it. If not I can't be mad at him as I dropped it out of stupidity. Was talking to the woman and typing. I thought I typed put cyl in my har but all I typed was put cyl...Such is life.

Stunseed
08-03-2004, 11:05 PM
My spare collapsable lance is in my shop at the end of Fel Road, Anticor.

By mine, I mean Jolena's. Heh. I think if you go east in the shop you'll find some of my weaponry.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Stunseed]

AnticorRifling
08-05-2004, 10:30 PM
BUMP! Let's go people get that creative juice flowing in my honor!

HouseofElves
08-06-2004, 04:30 AM
...I will be more than happy to help when it isn't 2am. When I get up in the morning I'll post my ideas.

Nakiro
08-06-2004, 05:13 AM
Are you altering the form of the lance as it is collapsed, or when it becomes a lance, or is that the description for both?

For the tunic:

An onyx-trimmed gabardine stiched with the escutcheon of the Ishran of the Grot'karesh upon the chest.

fallenSaint
08-06-2004, 06:56 AM
Its early I figured id toss something of an idea for ya but don't expect it to be too great:

an onyx-studded bearskin sporran

Tanned bearskin creates the body of the pouch which is then lined by a thick coat of bear fur cushioning its contents. An onyx studded leather strap is secured to either side of the container allowing enough length to wrap the waist of a giantkin. A heavy flap folds over the opening pinned by small crossed rolaren hammers.

[Edited on 8-6-2004 by fallenSaint]

Still pretty rough but now that Im more awake did a few minor adjustments.

[Edited on 8-6-2004 by fallenSaint]

fallenSaint
08-06-2004, 08:27 AM
Id like to drop some ideas on your collapseing lance but need a bit more info on it first. Can it have two alters one for closed and open? And can each one have a show or tap? And does it currently have a show that has to do with its scripting? And can you post the scripts of opening and closeing it.

Artha
08-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Collapsing lances keep the adjectives, so that the only thing that changes is the noun.

Like if you have a heavy vultite lance, it collapses to a heavy vultite cylinder. If you have a vaalorn infantry lance, it collapses to a vaalorn infantry cylinder.

fallenSaint
08-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Figured that much but was moreso curious as if it can have show as well or if they are limited to tap, and if they have default shows based on the scripts. Also would still like the actual scripts for extending and collapseing it.

AnticorRifling
08-06-2004, 09:33 AM
My sig shows the script.

Push cyl

As you depress the button at the base of your short cylinder, it telescopes out with a series of clicks and clacks, locking into position fully extended as a lance.

Just reverse it for the lance.

fallenSaint
08-06-2004, 10:57 AM
So Ill take it that they cannot have show descriptions?

AnticorRifling
08-06-2004, 10:58 AM
My guess is a show would only be on the lance or only on the cylinder. It would require to alters to get the cylinder and the lance a show.

However, you could do an alter on the lance to include show and the cylinder would still reflect the description of the altered lance.

AnticorRifling
08-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Tunic to = A crimson trimmed black linen tabard

This black linen tabard has been cut on the large side obviously made for one of giant proportions. Deep crimson braids have been added to the hem, neck, and sleeves to provide some subtle embellishment. Across the chest of the tabard two crossed silver battle hammers have been emblazoned over a crimson scimitar.

How's that look? That's if they won't do the tunic into a sporran. Gonna take Fallen's idea for a sporran and work on it as well as a lance idea now.

[Edited on 8-6-2004 by AnticorRifling]

AnticorRifling
08-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Sporan idea:

an onyx-studded black leather sporran

Black leather has been riveted together to create the body of this pouch. The inside of the sporran has been lined with a thick coat of bear fur cushioning its contents. An onyx studded leather strap is secured to either side of the container allowing enough length to wrap the waist of a giantkin. A heavy flap folds over the opening and is pinned by small crossed rolaren battle hammers. Burned into the under side of the flap are the initials “A.R”.

fallenSaint
08-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Yea I tried a few attempts at the lance it wound up looking like a wet noodle every time so I gave up.

AnticorRifling
08-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by fallenSaint
Yea I tried a few attempts at the lance it wound up looking like a wet noodle every time so I gave up.

Yeah I'm still working on it.

What do you think of the sporran and tabard?

AnticorRifling
08-06-2004, 03:05 PM
How about this for the lance:

An onyx capped vultite lance
Nearly eight feet from base to tip this lance is an enormous weapon that requires great control and strength to wield in battle. Tapering from the hand guard the vultite shaft has been honed to a vicious point. The handgrip has been wrapped in black leather and the base of the haft has been capped with a large onyx stone etched with two crossed battle hammers and the letters "A.R."

When closed it would be an onyx capped vultite cylinder I'm guessing.

Stunseed
08-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Here's my altered collapsable Lance.

a golden-edged infantry lance :

The tip of this lance is formed with pure faenor and the edges have been etched with gold along the shaft. Wrapped in lengths of deep black leather for a comfortable fit, the handle shows some wear and tear from use. An imposing weapon in itself, the mechanical wonder has several notches marking the lance, indicating the bearer's ability to defeat an opponent in the field of battle. You also notice a small enchanter's mark.

>push lance
As you depress the button on the haft of your infantry lance, the shaft collapses into a short cylinder with a series of clicks and clacks.
>glance
You glance down to see a golden-edged infantry cylinder in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
>look cyl
The short, thick cylinder is about two feet in length, and has a small button at its base.

So only the Lance part is altered, but base description is changed. Lance in cylinder mode is a golden-edged infantry cylinder of DOOM! :smilegrin: