PDA

View Full Version : Thurfel's Cellar

kheldarin
08-06-2004, 06:34 AM
Do the creatures there drop lots of treasure? I'm a greedy bastard and vereri aren't doing it for me.

If so, anyone got a script there? I'm also a lazy bastard and don't wanna figure it out myself.

Artha
08-06-2004, 06:47 AM
They're ok, but not wonderful. You probably won't get a [good] script there, because almost everything has a maneuver of some sort, and the area really swarms.

kheldarin
08-06-2004, 06:51 AM
I'd kill for creature swarms right now. Vereri hardly pop out in the abbey. Fuckin pumas everywhere though.

By the way, I meant a script to get there from TC, heh.

kheldarin
08-06-2004, 06:53 AM
WTF nevermind, I already have a script there. I'm dumb.

Drew
08-06-2004, 07:02 AM
More treasure than vereri at least.... you'll die a lot more though, I'm pretty sure you're a sorcerer right? You'll grow to hate the webs but especially the urchin spikes.

I attached scripts to and fro just in case you had a problem with yours, simply go mist and you are set.

kheldarin
08-06-2004, 07:07 AM
Mine worked..but thanks anyway.

I just came back from there..wiped almost everything out with unfocused maelstrom. The massive grahnks were a problem though..my spells aren't very affective towards them.

Hunting is fun again.

Drew
08-06-2004, 07:10 AM
The granhks don't have anything as far as CM attacks but they are hard to kill for most people. I used a claidhmore and just head crited them, but they resist punctures and are pretty tough to eliminate otherwise. If you see Chiv around ask him for some mobiles, they help a lot down there with those urchins.

[Edited on 8-6-2004 by Drew]

Artha
08-06-2004, 07:12 AM
I recall trying to kill those grahnks as a level 25-26 sorcerer with maelstrom. It does not work well.

kheldarin
08-06-2004, 07:14 AM
Yeah..I plan to just maelstrom everything else and MD those big bastards to death. If that doesn't work..I'll try disintegrate.

Fallen
08-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Excellent Hunting grounds. I went there right after hunting Silverback orcs.

The Urchins shake normal stuns, but they dont shake Mind Jolt. 706 them on sight, its not worth the risk.

As for the Spiders, I scouted with my eye and either avoided them or waited for them to walk into the room and disintegrated them a couple times before they had a chance to attack. They cant tend bleeding wounds so they will die out rather quickly after a few good hits.

The Grahnks are uncommon, but they do take a beating. I usually 705'd them to death once I could ward consistently above 150. Its mana intensive, but usually faster than MD.

The Worms are a non-issue. I dont think I have ever been hit by that flash stun maneuver. They have treasure though, so make sure to search them.

Good times, good times.

kheldarin
08-06-2004, 09:15 AM
The urchins haven't hit me yet. What does it do? The spider's web is annoying. I'm planning to torment the grahnks..would that work?

Artha
08-06-2004, 09:29 AM
The urchins haven't hit me yet. What does it do?

They stab you with a spike. You generally die, either from the death crit or the really long stun that ensues.

[Edited on 8-6-2004 by Artha]

Waryn
09-13-2004, 01:57 PM
Cellar is the most fun Ive had hunting since Ocoma in the landing. The swarms there can really keep ya on your toes.

Yes webs suck big, helps if you party up and keep untrammel scrolls. As far as the urchins, I gotta say Airwall is your best friend. Once in a while they get through it, but Ive seen it deflect many a spine barrage. Its a lifesaver to be sure. Gotta keep on your toes though cause once it deflects the wall drops.

peam
09-13-2004, 04:05 PM
My rogue hunts down there. It's one of my favorite hunting areas EVER. Look up Culghuun and we'll go down there together, if you want.

Latrinsorm
09-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Grahnks tackle. Also, those worms have a stunning ability that's pretty laughable, but it hits every once inawhile. Also, don't try to skin the urchins.

And it might be the most fun hunting area I've ever been in. Then again, I had a big-ass shield to hide behind when the spikes flew.

Fallen
09-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Glad to see others enjoy that area as much as I did.