PDA

View Full Version : 10x MCP full leathers

nichelas
02-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Need some $ in a hurry - going to liquidate some of my favorites at this point.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the crimson leathers in your hand, and you learn something about it...

The first thing that strikes you about the leathers is the weight, which is about 13 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 73,650,000 silvers.

It has a bonus of +50 from a normal leathers, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it is soft leather armor. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.

The harmonics generated tell you that the leathers serves to reduce the severity of inflicted wounds.

Careful examination indicates the crimson leathers has a base strength of 20 and a base durability of 285. You also determine the current integrity of the crimson leathers to be at 100.0%.

Examining the leathers closely, it looks like it is masterfully padded against critical blows.

fin.

BriarFox
02-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Hell of a nice set.

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Sick armor, dude!

Kastrel
02-24-2013, 08:38 PM
See, this is the kind of stuff I need. Wish I could afford it.

Sile
02-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Wow...

Considering 10x hcp goes for from 90-110m (from recent sales) You should get well north of that for these.

nichelas
02-24-2013, 09:27 PM
updated for bids -

Intel
02-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Too bad the MCPadding only works on blows to the torso and arms.

neimanz1
02-24-2013, 09:40 PM

you would be wrong. the padding is all over

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Whatever padding is on the torso gets applied everywhere.

Kastrel
02-24-2013, 09:42 PM

I've been seeing this "fact" floating around recently, and I'm not sure where its coming from.

Ardwen
02-24-2013, 09:46 PM
would be padded as the armor tier below for limbs, so padded robes

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 09:46 PM
I've been seeing this "fact" floating around recently, and I'm not sure where its coming from.

I think it stems from some people thinking if a certain armor only covers X body parts then exposed Y parts have 0 coverage. In the case of this armor you'd have leather coverage on chest and arms and cloth coverage everywhere else.

Mumblz
02-24-2013, 09:48 PM
MCP robes to the face to be precise, but add a greathelm and have the hinderance and coverage of leather all over

Intel
02-24-2013, 09:50 PM
I would be happy if I am wrong

Gelston
02-24-2013, 09:51 PM
I would be happy if I am wrong

Then be happy, because you were.

BriarFox
02-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Trust what everyone here is saying; you're wrong. The padding is full-body, as are the DF and AsG. The crit divisor, on the other hand, differs by body part.

Slit-eye
02-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Which would take one hell of an endroll to matter, because at masterful critical padding the randomization is going to be tasty.

Intel
02-24-2013, 09:56 PM
so MCP fulls are the equivalent of what armor?

Slit-eye
02-24-2013, 09:56 PM
uhm.. full leather.

Intel
02-24-2013, 09:58 PM
no, the crit damage protection of like brig or what? Fulls are the base.

Drew
02-24-2013, 10:01 PM
no, the crit damage protection of like brig or what? Fulls are the base.

You get the crit divisor of robes on the parts that full leathers don't normally cover, but you get the padding and AvD of leather there.

Slit-eye
02-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Math doesn't work like that. The protection would be based on endroll, attacking weapon's damage factor and weighting, location of the hit, and then lowered based on the randomized masterful crit padding to an end result. That result would be required for you to say "Oh look, it protected as well as brig" or "it protected as well as hauberk". There will be times where it's going to protect as well as full leather.

Kastrel
02-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Thats not how it works.

I'm not the best armor expert around, but if I recall, crit padding takes a flat number off of the end crit damage.

Armor class (leather, scale, plate, etc) divide the crit damage.

So the arms and torso get the crit divisor of leather (which is better than cloth) while everything else gets the crit divisor of cloth.

ALL of the locations have a flat amount taken off by the padding.

If someone is a little better with armor mechanics, please fill in or correct whatever I'm missing here.

Mumblz
02-24-2013, 10:03 PM
all this nitpicking about especially good padding on 10x armor, the only reason it would be more valuable 10 years ago is randomization and the fact that on a bad day, a hit in the face is going to hurt, period.

BriarFox
02-24-2013, 10:04 PM
It doesn't really work like that. If you took the mean of MCP after randomization (6-20), though, it'd be 13, which means you're reducing on average 13 points of damage from the raw damage of the hit. That's enough to knock most crits down 2-3 ranks.

Gelston
02-24-2013, 10:05 PM
http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Padding

That covers most of what you'd really need to know.

SHAFT
02-24-2013, 10:13 PM

Cause people are dumb

Overlordz
02-24-2013, 10:58 PM
Strange how discussions of crit padding, especially on robe/leather class armor, always seem to go into minutiae of "combat damage" (i.e. AS/DS rolls). IMO the real value in crit padding is for its effects against "direct damage", i.e. maneuvers. If you're wearing fulls you probably don't want to get hit by AS/DS rolls in the first place, and that's pretty easily done by tanking DS. But, lots of things do nasty head-splitting maneuvers, and oodles of crit padding is a good way to mitigate that.

Kastrel
02-24-2013, 11:02 PM
I would say its because its so hard to quantify maneuver damage, and there are so many maneuvers that may or may NOT incorporate padding . . . you never really know where and when it is going to make a difference.

Donquix
02-24-2013, 11:08 PM
It's like, my favorite thing on the internet when someone argues with an entire forum. It's especially enjoyable when said forum is for a 20 year old game whittled down to practically nothing but people playing for at least half of that time.

I would say its because its so hard to quantify maneuver damage, and there are so many maneuvers that may or may NOT incorporate padding . . . you never really know where and when it is going to make a difference.

While that is true and simu isn't exactly a bastion of consistency, CP has been around since the beginning more or less. The really weird things are when newer abilities (i.e. dodging) aren't incorporated. I'm sure there are some maneuvers out there floating around that don't account for it, but i'd also say they are in a noticeable minority.

Kastrel
02-24-2013, 11:17 PM
True enough.

Drew
02-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Strange how discussions of crit padding, especially on robe/leather class armor, always seem to go into minutiae of "combat damage" (i.e. AS/DS rolls). IMO the real value in crit padding is for its effects against "direct damage", i.e. maneuvers. If you're wearing fulls you probably don't want to get hit by AS/DS rolls in the first place, and that's pretty easily done by tanking DS. But, lots of things do nasty head-splitting maneuvers, and oodles of crit padding is a good way to mitigate that.

This is exactly the point.

ROTOR
02-26-2013, 08:41 AM
What was the final sale price?