Anyone know where this is?

black glaes golvern-hilted claidhmore

Also curious about:

1. an enormous bloodstained mattock with a gore-covered troll femur haft

9.5x (+47) claid weighted mattock.
Lightened to 3 lbs.

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 02:46 PM
I haven't seen the claid since Tsin was selling and I think Ardwen has the mattock.

thefarmer
02-24-2013, 02:47 PM
I haven't seen the claid since Tsin was selling and I think Ardwen has the mattock.

What idiot added golvern to the claid?

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Probably Tsin.

SHAFT
02-24-2013, 02:55 PM
What's wrong with adding golvern to it?

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Nothing! Golvern is great.

SHAFT
02-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Yeah, golvern and black glaes is a sweet look. To each his own though.

I miss Tsin

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 03:04 PM
There is no denying that Tsin always had the best items for sale. No one has matched him since then.

Drew
02-24-2013, 03:13 PM
He had the best items for sale because he would buy them then mark them up 35% and sit and wait till someone paid him. That's why he had a ton of inventory, he was waiting for a sucker. People who have a lot of inventory that doesn't move like Tsin are charging too much.

Edit: That said he was just exploiting market inefficiencies (that a lot of people have no idea what an item is worth because Gem doesn't have a good system for tracking previous sales). However the kind of merchant that a smart person wants to deal with won't have a lot of static inventory that sits for months or years, that's a bad sign for the buyer.

Sile
02-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Somehow I always viewed Tsin as a used car dealer selling porshes, lambos and such.

People would buy a porshe, take it home and find out half the parts were mazda miata.

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 03:16 PM
He had the best items for sale because he would buy them then mark them up 35% and sit and wait till someone paid him. That's why he had a ton of inventory, he was waiting for a sucker. People who have a lot of inventory that doesn't move like Tsin are charging too much.

So he's like every other gemstone merchant that marks up their inventory, nothing new or wrong there.

Drew
02-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Somehow I always viewed Tsin as a used car dealer selling porshes, lambos and such.

People would buy a porshe, take it home and find out half the parts were mazda miata.

Yeah I remember when he just straight up lied to Dhask about an item he sold him, or when he invented abilities for stormhammers that didn't even exist nor had they. Or selling things that were broken but "easily fixable by a GM" like the AS warhorn which actually had just run out of charges. Another favorite Tsin trick was selling really heavy items and never mentioning the weight, or items with low breakage numbers. He would always bargain people really hard on these flaws when buying but then neglect to mention them when selling.

Also read my edit to that post Android.

Ardwen
02-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Tsin created the whole white shaalk claid thing by straight out lying about it to Meurii, which then blew up in his face heh

neimanz1
02-24-2013, 03:22 PM
You just had to be a smart buyer with tsin. prices are subjective

Drew
02-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Tsin created the whole white shaalk claid thing by straight out lying about it to Meurii, which then blew up in his face heh

Let's not make Meurii out to be anything other than scumbag he was, getting scammed doesn't give you the right to carry it on.

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Oh I won't disagree with you on that. He was a shady SOB and you had to be careful when buying from him. It was still great to see so many high end items moved like that. I doubt we will see anything like that again.

Drew
You just had to be a smart buyer with tsin. prices are subjective

I bought some things from him as well, you just had to get your information from a different source and be patient and wear him down on the price.

Ardwen
I did mention the whole blew up in his face part did I not

Drew
02-24-2013, 03:26 PM
I did mention the whole blew up in his face part did I not

Yeah but he's got some friends who love to defend him as the "victim" which he certainly was not by the end of the whole ordeal.

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Didn't someone convert that shaalk claid to a newstyle vultite claid?

Ardwen
02-24-2013, 03:31 PM
yes they did, and still with missing weighting

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 03:46 PM
What a turd. Even with the missing weighting it was only 10 points. Still a sweet blade.

Ardwen
02-24-2013, 03:56 PM
was a lot sweeter old style then new

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Absolutely, greatsword with 30 points of weighting? I know Madmountan has a log up somewhere of him using in a grimswarm camp and it was pretty deadly.

thefarmer
02-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Or selling things that were broken but "easily fixable by a GM" like the AS warhorn which actually had just run out of charges. .

Heh.

If it's the one I owned, it wasn't that easy to fix. Only a bard/instrument merchant would.

I did get it fixed though. Thankfully for me.

Donquix
02-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Absolutely, greatsword with 30 points of weighting? I know Madmountan has a log up somewhere of him using in a grimswarm camp and it was pretty deadly.

what high end two-hander doesn't MM have a log up of him warcamping with? :D

Androidpk
02-24-2013, 04:19 PM
what high end two-hander doesn't MM have a log up of him warcamping with? :D

Good point!

SHAFT
02-24-2013, 05:30 PM
MM loved his logs of him killing shit. He was a good guy. Wish he still he played, for he always had a nice collection of THW's. He let me play with Sorrow for a time and bought it back damn near the same amount he sold it to me for.

Buckwheet
02-24-2013, 06:13 PM
He really misrepresented a lot of items. I am sure he did this to other people, but I won a enchant slot and he handed me some item to add an enchant to promising to pay me for it, and he got it put one something he flipped for like 50m more than he was asking but paid me 5m for the enchant. The exact price it cost me from the GM plus a mil.

It was my own fault of course for thinking he would cut me in on a decent slice of the sale without making it 100% a sure thing.

That was my last transaction with Tsin.

Archigeek
02-24-2013, 06:20 PM
He really misrepresented a lot of items. I am sure he did this to other people, but I won a enchant slot and he handed me some item to add an enchant to promising to pay me for it, and he got it put one something he flipped for like 50m more than he was asking but paid me 5m for the enchant. The exact price it cost me from the GM plus a mil.

It was my own fault of course for thinking he would cut me in on a decent slice of the sale without making it 100% a sure thing.

That was my last transaction with Tsin.

I never bought anything from Tsin because he was a constantly whining bitch who was only occasionally honest. I did however once sell him something once. It was one of those classic Tsin catch phrases "I'm paying insanely well to anyone who can tell me where to find x". Well as someone who knew where x was, I just bought x and sold hit to him at an inflated price instead, since Tsin's idea of "insanely well" would probably be well short of most people's definitions.

Buckwheet
02-24-2013, 06:22 PM
That was my experience also. He told me something like "I promise to pay you for this and make it worth it for you!" I guess 1m was worth it at the time.

stormcrow
02-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Tsin was a character. I had some good transactions with him and some not so great. Rozak used to torture Tsin: Telling him about some fictitious items he might sell or that he was interested in one of Tsins very high priced item. Once Tsin started imming you it as over, like a thousand a second. He once sold me something which he claimed I could use with very little MIU, of course I couldn't use it. I know he borrowed a very nice god auction item from Weewillow and sold it for 50 some million when 50 mil was a lot. Weewillow was a class act and as such he just trampled all over her kindness. She never forgot it. However, Tsin and his gang of alts used to fetch my corpse and heal and raise me from the temple in about one minute. It really was incredible how fast he could get you, heal you and get you rezzed. I did win a slot to enchant an item once and since the only weapons I had were over the crit table that they would enchant, he bought the slot from me for 8mil and gave me the 1 million gm fee. So that was a good transaction.

Drew
02-24-2013, 07:50 PM
I really think part of the reason he quit was because while there is a "sucker born every minute" that's not actually true in GS. There were less and less people to fall for his scams.