PDA

View Full Version : Beauty School Drop out!

Brattt8525
08-04-2004, 04:50 PM
So today I am trying to get my practicals done, with about as much energy as I can muster without trying too hard.

The deak person comes over and says are you busy?...I guess she didn't consider my reading the latest magizine as being busy. Anyway, she says do you want to do the pedicure or the manicure on that lady? Welllllll hey gimmie the manicure...K?????? ya, not doing someones feet, sorry.

So I go to get the things to take care of this lady, all the while hating that I am a hairstylist but because of State board I have to also do feet and hands till I graduate.

Luckily my friend Dustin is preparing to do her feet while I work on her hands, so it might not be too bad. This woman told us for the next hour her entire life history, with alot of whining and bitching inbetween. We kept looking at each other trying in vain not to split apart laughing. I mean this woman couldnt just tell us she moved 9 times in the last 8 years, she had to detail every painful box she packed and how she got it to each house.

My god I have 600 more hours of people like this to endure, not sure what I will do when I am running my own salon!

Tara

DeV
08-04-2004, 05:02 PM
I feel your pain Tara. We get customers who call and who are OBVIOUSLY lonely and feel the need to tell you about their mother, father, sister, brother and cousins life stories not to mention their own. Sometimes I feel like giving them the dial tone mid-sentence.

600 more hours of that.. ouch.

Satira
08-04-2004, 05:10 PM
When you have your own salon things will not get any better. I'd get used to it.

I had a lady undress in the middle of the salon.

Vesi
08-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Well... not sure how much you can sell or what you can sell there but I would try to pick out something that might benefit you from all that griping. Maybe aroma therapy items? (again... not sure what you sell)

Listening to people gripe is never fun. Just trying to figure out a way you might could benefit from it.

I could use a pedicure... hmm.

Vesi

Vesi
08-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Lady Satira

And? Don't leave us hanging! Do you mean you had her undress or she decided to undress and when she did what happened then?

Vesi

Satira
08-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Okay it was this crazy old lady who was getting her hair tinted. We had smocks in an area in the front. Right behind that was a glass room that was the pedicure area. Keep in mind there are 4 people in there getting pedicures done.

You were suppose to take the smock into the restroom and CHANGE into it.

Well, this cow is standing in the open, and takes one off of a hanger and starts taking her shirt off.

I said, "You may want to take that to the restroom and change into it."

Clad in her pointy brassiere she said, "Oh no, we're all GIRLS here."

I opened my mouth to inform her that actually no we...

And CRAIG, my gay hairdressing friend walks right up and says, "OH MY!" and runs away.

Then I looked behind us and all four of the people in the pedicure room were looking very ALARMED and laughing hysterically at the same time.

Oy.

Praefection
08-05-2004, 05:55 AM
Just be lucky, in Montana you need 2000 HOURS of school be graduate. The neat thing is we don't need to do practical exams anymore to get a liscense. Just a 100 question test taken online and you know that day if you pass or fail. And feet aren't bad. Trying to do the hair of some digusting drunk man who passes out in your chair is worse... (True story since it happened to me.)

Brattt8525
08-05-2004, 08:10 AM
Just be lucky, in Montana you need 2000 HOURS of school be graduate

Well I won't be moving to Montana anytime soon! Here in Texas it's 1500 hours, but the sucky part is that if I moved to your area I would have to go back to school for another 500!

Tara

Trinitis
10-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Ladies become hair dressers just for the excuse to spend tons of cash on as many different hair products as possible.

If you ask me..and no one did.. :bleh:

Betheny
10-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Jesus christ.

I had to force myself to buy hair spray and mousse. And I have to force myself to use it.

Vesi
10-04-2004, 06:35 PM
I use 2 in 1 (conditioning and shampoo) of whatever is on sale. Plus, I think it's good to switch up brands each time.

My hair is long and curly so it's wash, comb, scrunch a bit and go. I never use a hairbrush... my fingers are my hairbrush.

Vesi of the all in one bottle

P. S. However that table there does look fun. What are the big Crayons?

Brattt8525
10-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Vesi
I use 2 in 1 (conditioning and shampoo) of whatever is on sale. Plus, I think it's good to switch up brands each time.

My hair is long and curly so it's wash, comb, scrunch a bit and go. I never use a hairbrush... my fingers are my hairbrush.

Vesi of the all in one bottle

P. S. However that table there does look fun. What are the big Crayons?

Ohhh those are for my kids. I was so excited, one pack is Biosilk shampoo conditioner and spray detangler, the other pack is COLORED body foam!!! I can't wait till bath time to watch them play with the colored body foam washes!

Brattt8525
10-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
Ladies become hair dressers just for the excuse to spend tons of cash on as many different hair products as possible.

If you ask me..and no one did.. :bleh:

Partially true, hehe. I buy all of these products so that one, I can honestly tell my customers if a product is actually as good as they say it is in advertising, and secondly so that I know which works best with what hair types. My aim is to be as informed and knowledgeable about these products as possible

Snapp
10-04-2004, 06:58 PM
:drool: It's like a dream...

Betheny
10-04-2004, 07:02 PM
I just use Dove shampoo and conditioner but I switch it up every so often. I use Redken stuff because that's what the lady that cut my hair said was best.

Vesi
10-04-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Brattt8525
Ohhh those are for my kids. I was so excited, one pack is Biosilk shampoo conditioner and spray detangler, the other pack is COLORED body foam!!! I can't wait till bath time to watch them play with the colored body foam washes!

Oh... when my daughter was little I would buy the fun stuff too! It's also a way for them to get clean without realizing it. (or the muss and fuss)

Vesi

Edited to add my post... left it out before!

P. S. When I was a kid it was Silly Soap and Mr. Bubbles. They only had one kind... now you can get different scents.

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Vesi]

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Vesi]

Toxicvixen
10-04-2004, 09:25 PM
I had to force myself to buy hair spray and mousse. And I have to force myself to use it.

Yeah I use to try to do that too, now the hair spray and mousse is in the bottom cabinet to be used if I have to.

I have like so many different shampoos and conditioners, but all I ever do is throw my hair up in a ponytail.

DeV
10-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Snapp
:drool: It's like a dream... Or a nightmare...

Good God woman, you take shopping to a whole different level.

Brattt8525
10-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by DarkelfVold

Originally posted by Snapp
:drool: It's like a dream... Or a nightmare...

Good God woman, you take shopping to a whole different level.

Hey its not a nightmare damnit...its a hairdressers playground.

We all had so much fun today in school messing around with the tiny flat iron and the double barreled curling iron that leaves a wave effect in the hair.

I even used a new product I bought on a client, she loved it and told me she had been searching for just the right product she could use to piece her hair out that didn't feel like glue.....so I did GOOD

Parkbandit
10-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Lady Satira
When you have your own salon things will not get any better. I'd get used to it.

I hope she was hot... if she was, stop bitching and send me the pictures.

Trinitis
10-05-2004, 03:12 PM
PB, she later refered to the lady undressing as a "cow", which would lead me to think it was a very unhappy thing to see.

Brattt8525
10-05-2004, 03:15 PM
Okay it was this crazy old lady who was getting her hair tinted.

Satira

Things that make your eyes burn!

Parkbandit
10-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
PB, she later refered to the lady undressing as a "cow", which would lead me to think it was a very unhappy thing to see.

Yea, I just read that.. and now I'm sad. Hot girl stripping was SOO much better in my mind than ugly cow.

:sniffle: