PDA

View Full Version : Best race for a TWC war mage

Drew
02-23-2013, 02:18 AM
I've got a younger wizard trained this way but with the TWC mechanics what would be the best race for a war mage that trained in TWC? I'm thinking if a reasonable 50+ one comes up on the market I might pick it up.

(The purpose of this is to use 2 blink swords for awesomeness).

thefarmer
02-23-2013, 02:20 AM
I'd pick a giant or other strong race

Jace Solo
02-23-2013, 05:13 AM
That extra physical AS is important. TPs are so tight with that build because TWC is 12/12. I just thought of doing it on my 71 wizard but I'm fairly certain I'd be completely unable to enchant after having to drop all those points. I'll bet it is a baller build though. Ten attacks in five seconds. Immo's, Blinks, nice flarers, or HCW...I'm sure that's one disgusting build.

That just lead me to another thought. If you have splitting hammers, and one is disarmed and lost...what happens? You just have half of a, once, bad ass weapon system?

Drew
02-23-2013, 05:21 AM
Yeah I doubt you could enchant, you have to just cut all spell training that isn't vital.

Sile
02-23-2013, 08:02 AM
I have the same plan, I still need to find one more blink short sword to pull it off. My warmage is an elf, not the strongest but I still wanted a decent bolt AS.

If you can look past the low int, half krol are arguably the best race for war mage. Dwarf and Giant are close seconds.

andrew wiggin
02-23-2013, 12:29 PM
I've tried. TWC fire flaring morning star + fire flaring warhammer against trolls warcamping. As fun as it was. It's faster to kill with a claidhmore from the crits.

As for the race. That would be whichever race has sufficient agi/dex for the dual weapons you have in mind.

WRoss
02-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Half krol. You get AGI/DEX, strength, and height, but you lose a little on logic.

SHAFT
02-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Screw you guys with your blink weapons. Especially you drew, strutting round here with 2. Whatever

Drew
02-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Half krol. You get AGI/DEX, strength, and height, but you lose a little on logic.

Already have a half krol war archer but he's only 26. I could fiddle with his training though.

audioserf
02-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Also voting HK. They make tremendous warmages. The LOG hurts but if you can live with that, they are awesome.