PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so I'm sitting here thinking to myself.....

Gizmo
08-20-2003, 10:42 PM
...that I need to start conjuring up a backstory, and method of play for my soon to be newly created Half-Krolvin.

I have a few things already fleshed out, but not entirely much at all...Yes it will be a Male, and yes it will be a Rogue. Now, since I'm dead tired from working..I figured I'd post in here and see if I could get any help.

From the information released at this past 'Con about Half-Krolvins, which would be a good, viable way to start RPing one such race into the lands?

I post this cause I'm unsure where to start, and wouldn't mind a few pointers to help me along the way. In my mind, I would suspect that a good way to RP a Half-Krolvin, due to the disrespect of them from other races, would try to take an almost outcast point of view, where his interaction with the townspeople would be very seldom, and he'd be quite to himself. Anyhow, if anyone wouldn't mind helping me out on this matter, I'd appreciate it..Feel free to reply here, or even send an email..I want this to be done good, seeing as how it will be one of the newer races introduced into the lands, I wanna make a good first impression with this guy. Thanks!

Bobmuhthol
08-20-2003, 11:28 PM
You should buy a Krolvin backslasher from me for 3mil.

Gizmo
08-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Bob, why do you have to hurt me so much...You know you make me cry :(

Bobmuhthol
08-21-2003, 12:00 AM
I call this masterpiece "Idiot."

Varsus
08-21-2003, 01:14 AM
heh

-Varsus

Gizmo
08-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Leave it to Bob to ruin a normal post...

Weedmage Princess
08-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Whenever I've started a new character, the first thing I usually determine is where are they from? A lot of the time, (although not all of the time) where you're from and how you were brought up plays a large role determining what sort of person you'll be.

Is your character from that Island where that Krolvin started the breeding of Krolvin with other races? (sorry, I am forgetting the names...at work so I'm not able to go researching at the moment)
If so, I'd imagine he'd be detached...being a child from parents forced to "breed", I can't imagine the parents being there much for him....OR maybe they were. Maybe one of the parents (or both) loved him anyway, despite the circumstances of his conception, etc. There's really a lot you can do as a background...even as a Half Krolvin.

Artha
08-21-2003, 05:39 PM
I think what you should do is wait for the docs to come out, so that you don't go contrary to anything.

HarmNone
08-22-2003, 03:01 PM
Were I planning such a character, I would decide how he came to be in the first place. Is he a child of rape, raised by his mother to hate all pure Krolvin? Is he the child of a slave taken in battle, raised among Krolvin and with Krolvin ideas and beliefs? Is he the result of the marriage of a Krolvin to one of another race (almost unthinkable, from what we know of Krolvin)? This is a central issue in who your character might be and what might be his motivations.

Once you have determined his beginnings, you can work toward fleshing him out; however, as Artha suggested, I'd wait for the official documentation to come out to "complete" him.

HarmNone

Artha
08-22-2003, 03:19 PM
Also, don't decide to be half krolvin, half dwarf. There's just too much hair there.

Gizmo
08-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Eew no, I'd rather just call myself a mutant if I was gonna do that. I was leaning towards more Krolvin/Human..More with Krolvin characteristics.