PDA

View Full Version : Brand new auction - snake flaring, 2-weapon displaying, armor concealing, and more

Thondalar
02-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Time for a new auction. As usual, pick up in Landing or IFW. I'll be around most evenings EST time, let me know if you need to set up a specific time. If a buyer doesn't contact me for pickup within 5 days of bid going sold, it'll be relisted. Going once, twice, sold. In game silvers only. I will update bids once per day in the evening, I will accept buyouts if I like them.

8) a brass-strung hazel cittern with cherrywood-inlaid tuning-pegs

necked stringed instrument, loresong

MB: 200k CB: 0

12) Some dwarven eonake arm guards and Dwarven eonake leg guards

Selling as a pair only. Miscellaneous leg and arm armor, inspects as Eonake.

MB: 500k CB: 700k Jace Solo SOLD

14) a brass-veined dark mithglin sai
4x, 2-slot fusion

16) a silver-set twisted black candle laced with a slit-pupilled eye patterning
fully unlocked, Lornon-specific messaging when burned. Attuning, Fash'lo'nae themed.

17) A perfect veil iron damascened sabar with a narrow ebon and sanguine snake wrapped around it

Lots going on with this piece. The snake is functional and showy, with lots of zests and rotating flares (poison, slow, imobile)

Additionally, it's sancted, and is perfectly forged. The actual enchant on it is +17, so i'm assuming imflass base, but it can not be inspected, so no way to tell. 2-handed weapon, seems to be mattock based.

MB: 5 mill CB: 0

18) a ruby-hilted silvery mithril dagger
4x, 2-slot fusion

19) a twisted kakore staff capped with an onyx orb

heavily zested, including the one that lets you stand up regardless of encumberence. Weighs about a (1) pound.

MB: 200k CB: 200k hijunkie SOLD

20) a ruby-flecked ebon orb
Random fortune-teller messaging type toy thing. Example below.

Malkarra peers deeply into her ebon orb, all concentration completely focused upon it. Cautiously, her fingers caress the orb, their path tracing a rune along its surface. With an unfaltering gaze, she continues the ritual. Suddenly, the sphere comes to life, a swirl of deep blue haze filling its interior.

Malkarra drifts off into a trance, the smooth surface of the ebon orb mesmerizing the mystic. Ominously, her eyes cloud over, but her hands never leave the arcane sphere. The orb glows slightly, the mist within beginning to take shape. It's murky and distorted, but it looks to be a blue-eyed mage. It lingers for a moment, then is gone.

The mist within the ebon orb begins to thin and fade. Fearful of losing her connection, Malkarra chants an incantation. A glow of magic seeps from her hands into the orb but clearly leaves her weak and fatigued. The sphere responds, and the mist awakens. The shape of a pirate ship is clearly visible within, the form wavering and flickering for a long moment before it dissolves into nothing more than a wisp of smoke.

With the last of her remaining strength, Malkarra moves closer to the ebon orb cradled in her hand and shifts it slightly. Staring vacantly, she shifts the ebon orb ever so slightly. The smoke within begins to writhe and twist, seemingly resisting her efforts. Finally, the image of a pauper appears. The vision lasts but a heartbeat, then the orb clears. Whatever was within has left.

MB: 400k CB: 400k hijunkie SOLD

That's it for now.

-Thond

Tyronebiggums
02-18-2013, 12:16 AM
mb on 1

Lithander
02-18-2013, 12:18 AM
MB on 2,5,6,7

Androidpk
02-18-2013, 12:23 AM
75k on #3

Jace Solo
02-18-2013, 01:35 AM
1) 1m
12) MB

waywardgs
02-18-2013, 01:41 AM
100k on 3

Androidpk
02-18-2013, 01:42 AM
200k on 3

Sinn78
02-18-2013, 08:37 AM
6) a shadowy grey suede half-mask

Thondalar
02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
I received some negative rep about the fact that some of these items I purchased from an IG auction a little while ago, for quite a bit less than what i'm selling them for. Since this person didn't sign it (surprise) and i'm easily trolled, I feel the need to respond.

Let's go ahead and just ignore the fact that the whole purpose of merchanting is to buy low and sell high for a profit. Those who buy high and sell low don't stay in business very long. Let's also ignore that everyone else at the IG auction had the same opportunity to outbid me that I had to outbid them. All that aside, the items i'm reselling here that I purchased at this IG auction are the armor concealer, the baldric, the jacket, the dwarven arm and leg guards, the stewpot helm, and the UAC gear. Let's break these down.

The armor concealer: Came in a bag with some other items I bought in bulk. I sat at Xerria all night to get the hood added to make it a full concealer, this added considerably to it's value.

The baldric, jacket, arm and leg greaves: also came with a bunch of other dwarven stuff, in the jacket. I didn't even win the bid for this at the auction, someone else did. They took the item they were interested in out of the jacket and made me an offer to buy the rest of it, so I did. I had no idea the jacket was max deep until after I bought it, and I have no use for it, so ofcourse i'm selling it. I also took the baldric to Xerria myself to get it fully unlocked.

The Stewpot helm also came in that bag, I didn't think 50k was an unreasonable amount to start it at. I'm terribly sorry someone liked it and offered a generous buyout.

The UAC gear came together in a sack. After the auctioneer asked several times if anyone wanted it, I gave him 100k for it. I figured the market was flooded already, so I didn't expect to make a whole lot of profit off of it, but I wanted to further support the IG event.

Let's also note that the majority of the money raised that night came out of my bank account, and that there are many things I bought that i'm not reselling. Infact, the list of things from that auction that i'm actually using is far longer than the list of what i'm selling.

So basically it's just more uneducated hate typical of the "entitlement" generation. Worrying more about what others do than what you do.

In the immortal words of Snoop Dogg...."Study your own, get your own...be independent..."

-Thond

Shimeria
02-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Mb on 9

Gustamantis
02-18-2013, 06:57 PM
12. 600k
& I don't care if you payed 1 coin for them, good on ya.

FlayedAngel
02-18-2013, 09:59 PM
I'll go 1.1m on 1, and the MB on 11.

Thanks!

Lithander
02-19-2013, 12:14 AM
600k on 6

hijunkie
02-19-2013, 12:46 AM
MB on 19 and 20

Jace Solo
02-19-2013, 02:40 AM
1) 1.2
2) 700k

thefarmer
02-19-2013, 04:32 AM
I received some negative rep about the fact that some of these items I purchased from an IG auction a little while ago, for quite a bit less than what i'm selling them for. Since this person didn't sign it (surprise) and i'm easily trolled, I feel the need to respond.

-Thond

LOL at someone caring about you making a few silvers selling junk.

LOL x2 for you feeling the need to respond to rep

andrew wiggin
02-19-2013, 09:14 AM
mb on #10

FlayedAngel
02-19-2013, 11:19 AM
I'll do 1.35m on 1, thanks!

Thondalar
02-19-2013, 06:06 PM
LOL at someone caring about you making a few silvers selling junk.

LOL x2 for you feeling the need to respond to rep

Pennies make dollars. Making a good profit on "junk" lets me hoard awesome stuff. You of all people know how that works.

I respond to dumb shit when i'm drunk. Oh look, i'm drunk again.

-Thond

Thondalar
02-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Some stuff sold, some prices dropped.

-Thond

Thondalar
02-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Everything is sold.

Everything left is flat priced if anyone wants it.

-Thond