PDA

View Full Version : Theft from The Falcon!

BriarFox
02-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Edit: Turns out someone actually broke in by bashing the hatch! I didn't even know that was possible, but it's pretty funny.

One of the people I gave a key to left my ship's hatch unlocked. I keep a variety of semi-useful things down there, like some extra arrows, random weapons, and other various things that aren't too expensive, since I'm well aware that it might be robbed at some point. I just found out a few minutes ago that someone took advantage of that unlocked hatch and stole absolutely everything from the cargo hold that they could grab, including even the set of oily coveralls I left there as a RP prop!

I didn't lose anything valuable, but I'm a little offended by this theft, and even more by its thoroughness. I could have blocked the ship off entirely from access by anyone other than key-holders, but I chose not to so that people could explore the top deck, see the ship, and get some of the custom foods and drinks available up there.

So in short, to the person who decided to gank *absolutely everything they could*, you're a GIANT DOUCHE.

That is all.

~Nuadjha, the Briar Fox, Captain of The Falcon

Tgo01
02-16-2013, 07:07 PM
People suck.

BriarFox
02-16-2013, 07:19 PM
[Red rep] Don't be a dumbass and leave your home unlocked with valuables in the open for the taking. Your own fault entirely and not worthy of a whining thread.

Congratulations on completely failing at Reading 101.

Edited to add: Oh, and also being a giant douche. Welcome to the party.

Alfster
02-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Whine, whine, whine some more.

Alfster
02-16-2013, 08:38 PM
[Red rep] Don't be a dumbass and leave your home unlocked with valuables in the open for the taking. Your own fault entirely and not worthy of a whining thread.

Congratulations on completely failing at Reading 101.

Edited to add: Oh, and also being a giant douche. Welcome to the party.

One of the people I gave a key to left my ship's hatch unlocked. I keep a variety of semi-useful things down there, like some extra arrows, random weapons, and other various things that aren't too expensive, since I'm well aware that it might be robbed at some point. I just found out a few minutes ago that someone took advantage of that unlocked hatch and stole absolutely everything from the cargo hold that they could grab, including even the set of oily coveralls I left there as a RP prop!

I didn't lose anything valuable, but I'm a little offended by this theft, and even more by its thoroughness. I could have blocked the ship off entirely from access by anyone other than key-holders, but I chose not to so that people could explore the top deck, see the ship, and get some of the custom foods and drinks available up there.

So in short, to the person who decided to gank *absolutely everything they could*, you're a GIANT DOUCHE.

That is all.

So someone else left it open - not you. So you didn't really choose to keep the ship blocked off from others outside of key-holders.

BriarFox
02-16-2013, 08:40 PM
You still can't read, buddy, and you're looking for logical inconsistencies where there aren't any. More broadly, you're blaming the victim and trying to justify that blame by attacking the victim's statements. I left the top deck of the ship open to anyone, but there's a hatch amidships that leads to the cargo hold that I keep locked.

Archigeek
02-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Lock it down man. Sorry for your loss.

4a6c1
02-16-2013, 09:08 PM
RIP oily coveralls

:[

GS4-Seomanthe
02-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Look around Landing for Wintersylph, Nuadjha. She has all your stuff. She came to me earlier saying that she found her way up there and was making some IC theories connecting you to Kenstrom's storyline Rook villains. She OOC whispered to me that she couldn't put the items back on the containers and whatnot but that she would give them back but hasn't been able to find you. I also told her to look out for Eugenides and make a post on the officials in order to get in touch with you.

drunksolo
02-16-2013, 10:33 PM
I think you should still pick a scapegoat and horribly murder them in vengeance.

Sam
02-16-2013, 10:34 PM
lame ending

crb
02-16-2013, 10:37 PM

That is all.

Oh, so someone robbed your airship.

/white-people-problems

BriarFox
02-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Oh, interesting! Thanks so much for the note, Seomanthe. I'll get in touch with her.

4a6c1
02-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Make her wear the oily coveralls as punishment.

SHAFT
02-16-2013, 10:53 PM
This thief should be hanged from the rails of the airship as it flies over elanthia. To show the citizens what happens when they steal from Nuadjha.

BriarFox
02-16-2013, 10:55 PM
This thief should be hanged from the rails of the airship as it flies over elanthia. To show the citizens what happens when they steal from Nuadjha.

Keelhauling takes on an entirely new meaning with an airship over a boat. "No, no, not another forest! Oh, God, a mountain!!!!"

Sounds like it was a theft of goodwill, though, so no worries. She's not in game now, but I'll try to find her later.

FlayedAngel
02-16-2013, 10:57 PM
RIP oily coveralls

:[

I'm dipping a new pair in....um... oil, as we speak.

YOU WILL BE AVENGED!

FlayedAngel
02-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Make her wear the oily coveralls as punishment.

?????

http://youtu.be/RQb2m6VJ-eo

GS4-Seomanthe
02-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I'm sure she didn't mean to steal per se, but I was still really uncomfortable about it. She wanted me to come loresing to your (teleportation?) obelisk because there's an obelisk in the Origin of the Lich King visions that were revealed a few weeks ago.... Seo told her she wasn't comfortable breaking and entering without at least talking to Nuadjha first, lol.

BriarFox
02-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Haha. Nice call, and thanks for being the intermediary there. That obelisk does take one to a chronomage room if you touch it.

BriarFox
02-16-2013, 11:13 PM
So, Wintersylph and I are chatting and she returned all the stuff. It turns out that she hired a warrior to BASH the hatch in so she could explore, because she was worried I was in trouble with the Rooks. Interesting, and deeply amusing, reason to break into someone's airship and take the stuff you find.

Also, cue note to a GM to fix the bashing issue ...

Hahaha.

GS4-Seomanthe
02-16-2013, 11:16 PM
Apparently the lock is not pickable though - she said she tried a locksmith first. So there's that.. I guess.. ? lol

Slit-eye
02-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Appearantly she's not the only one who got onboard and did some exploring. I found a slender charred black stone sigil wrought with sharp-peaked waves in TSC earlier, and I'm willing to bet it's the same as the one I saw on the Falcon. Shoot me a PM so I can get it to you if so. If it's not, sorry for being mistaken.

BriarFox
02-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Those are actually from an older event, but thanks!

Alfster
02-17-2013, 02:31 AM
You still can't read, buddy, and you're looking for logical inconsistencies where there aren't any. More broadly, you're blaming the victim and trying to justify that blame by attacking the victim's statements. I left the top deck of the ship open to anyone, but there's a hatch amidships that leads to the cargo hold that I keep locked.

Still offended that someone "robbed" your airship?

Something is quite amusing about a RP whore who cry's (out of game) when "robbed", only to find out that it was done for IC reasons.

Tisket
02-17-2013, 02:56 AM
Wait..wut? I know I've been away a long time but people have their own airships now? Jesus. I want a motherfucking airship too. Who do I have to blow to get one?

Androidpk
02-17-2013, 03:03 AM
Who do I have to blow to get one?

Briarfox, since he's the only person who has one.

Catts
02-17-2013, 03:42 AM

Something is quite amusing about a RP whore who cry's (out of game) when "robbed", only to find out that it was done for IC reasons.

Yer kinda annoying. What's with being a smartass and having to be right? Relax!

thefarmer
02-17-2013, 03:45 AM
What's with being a smartass and having to be right? Relax!

Welcome to the internet.

Androidpk
02-17-2013, 04:00 AM
Welcome to the internet.

No, YOU welcome to the internet!

Tisket
02-17-2013, 04:19 AM
Yer kinda annoying. What's with being a smartass and having to be right? Relax!

That's sweet but BriarFox doesn't need a defender and Alfster usually makes me laugh. So I am declaring myself Switzerland.

I still want an airship.

BriarFox
02-17-2013, 08:51 AM

I like how you keep trying to find inconsistencies where there aren't any. Did that impress your high-school lunch-table crowd?

First off, being upset IC and OOC is the first and most reasonable response, and there's no disjunction. Second, RP whore is an insulting and unimaginative term, not to mention wrong, as anyone with real evidence and a clear mind could tell you. And no, by the way, I'm not bothered about it any longer. Now it's just funny. Kudos to her for managing to break in. I RP'd with Wintersylph for quite awhile we she gave my stuff back. She seemed to think I had inside info about the Rooks, which sadly I didn't.

In a grander sense, I find it honestly pathetic that you have to grasp at such thin straws in a flailing attempt to justify being a dick to someone who had been robbed. I shouldn't even be bothering to correct you, but I hold out an idealistic hope for humanity.

Jace Solo
02-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Koops has a flying island. Just sayin...

RichardCranium
02-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Wait..wut? I know I've been away a long time but people have their own airships now? Jesus. I want a motherfucking airship too. Who do I have to blow to get one?

Me.

BriarFox
02-17-2013, 09:12 AM

It was originally an auctioned private property. Ardwen won it, there was a clusterfuck, he asked for a refund, and then the airship became the grand prize in the first Draughtman's, which I won. Travels between cities. Very cool.

Original design was Tseleth's, I think, but Auchand coded the whole thing after he bailed and left everyone high and dry. So, you could try blowing Auchand!

Parkbandit
02-17-2013, 09:20 AM
I like how you keep trying to find inconsistencies where there aren't any. Did that impress your high-school lunch-table crowd?

First off, being upset IC and OOC is the first and most reasonable response, and there's no disjunction. Second, RP whore is an insulting and unimaginative term, not to mention wrong, as anyone with real evidence and a clear mind could tell you. And no, by the way, I'm not bothered about it any longer. Now it's just funny. Kudos to her for managing to break in. I RP'd with Wintersylph for quite awhile we she gave my stuff back. She seemed to think I had inside info about the Rooks, which sadly I didn't.

In a grander sense, I find it honestly pathetic that you have to grasp at such thin straws in a flailing attempt to justify being a dick to someone who had been robbed. I shouldn't even be bothering to correct you, but I hold out an idealistic hope for humanity.

LOL

Dude, seriously..

Aluvius
02-17-2013, 10:07 AM
I don't know, there are a lot of inconsistencies in this story and it brings up a question I have to ask. Was the airship anywhere near Russia thursday morning?

BriarFox
02-17-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't know, there are a lot of inconsistencies in this story and it brings up a question I have to ask. Was the airship anywhere near Russia thursday morning?

I ... I ... I don't know what you're implying! There was NOT a thaumaturgical explosion in the magico-crystalline power matrix at suborbital velocity! Who have you been talking to?!

Also, :lol: Nice.

Geijon Khyree
02-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Haha. Awesome.

>roleplay nominate winterslyph She broke into Nuadja's airship to make sure he wasn't in trouble with the Rooks. How cool is that. Ingenious even getting into the thing.
There are no adventurers questing that match that name.

Drew
02-17-2013, 03:45 PM
It was originally an auctioned private property. Ardwen won it, there was a clusterfuck, he asked for a refund, and then the airship became the grand prize in the first Draughtman's, which I won. Travels between cities. Very cool.

He won it by just barely beating me. Then I gave him 150 million because I'm nice.

BriarFox
02-17-2013, 04:04 PM
He won it by just barely beating me. Then I gave him 150 million because I'm nice.

Hahaha. *Something* like that.

Drew
02-17-2013, 04:34 PM
I felt like it was a fairly accurate recounting of the tale.

m444w
02-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Fucking 1-percenters and their airships

Candor
02-17-2013, 05:48 PM
I liked being able to visit the airship. I hope it doesn't get locked up.

Androidpk
02-17-2013, 07:01 PM
I bring all the new ladies in town up on it and tell them it's mine. The cybering as a result is FANTASTIC.

BriarFox
02-17-2013, 07:04 PM
No, I'm not going to lock it up. I'll just keep the hold empty if I have to.

Also, glad to be of help, Androidpk.

DaCapn
02-17-2013, 07:18 PM
I bring all the new ladies in town up on it and tell them it's mine. The cybering as a result is FANTASTIC.
I suppose if you took them up to your treehouse, you'd seem a little too immature to be worth the lay.

Androidpk
02-17-2013, 07:30 PM
I suppose if you took them up to your treehouse, you'd seem a little too immature to be worth the lay.

On the plus side when you push them out of the treehouse when you're done it's not as bad compared to when you push them off the airship.

subzero
02-17-2013, 08:00 PM
On the plus side when you push them out of the treehouse when you're done it's not as bad compared to when you push them off the airship.

Real pros push them out first, then drag them back up for party-time.

msconstrew
02-17-2013, 08:16 PM
No, I'm not going to lock it up. I'll just keep the hold empty if I have to.

Also, glad to be of help, Androidpk.

I'm gonna use my key and leave cursed items ALL OVER YOUR SHIP. Let's see who likes stealing now!

Latrinsorm
02-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Ms. has binders full of cursed overalls.