PDA

View Full Version : Terror Threat Level orange For The Metropolitan Area

08-01-2004, 05:11 PM
I am tired of watching this repeat and am changing the channel. Feel free to comment on the newest series of bullshit.

Latrinsorm
08-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Wait til the convention comes to town, heh. I'm sure that'll be a bundle and half of laughs.

Betheny
08-01-2004, 06:10 PM
Which city? New York?

Damn, haven't you people suffered enough?

08-01-2004, 07:22 PM
New Yorkers are TOUGH and ENDURING...

(According to our mayor who speaks with a lisp and can't pronounce Joe Torre's name correctly.)

Jenisi
08-01-2004, 10:39 PM
I heard something about "Chatter" and um... "the us being a potential target" ..... FOR FUCKING MONTHS

Blazing247
08-01-2004, 10:45 PM
<New Yorkers are TOUGH and ENDURING...>

If you are talking about people from the CITY, I think you mean- they are rude, can't drive, and more and more as time passes on, were not born on American soil. Still, I <3 NYC.

GSLeloo
08-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Everytime people begin to think Bush is wrong they go "A terror attack may happen, please be very scared and ignore what we are doing"

Skirmisher
08-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Careful Leloo...you don't want to be sent to Gitmo Bay.:barf:

Artha
08-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Everytime people begin to think Bush is wrong they go "A terror attack may happen, please be very scared and ignore what we are doing"

Right. :yes:

Latrinsorm
08-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by GSLeloo
Everytime people begin to think Bush is wrong they go "A terror attack may happen, please be very scared and ignore what we are doing" Reminds me of the people who yelled at Clinton for bombing whatever country it was all to hell during the Lewinski/perjury thing.

GSLeloo
08-02-2004, 12:29 AM
That whole Clinton thing was stupid. It's a marriage, not a matter of state. But anyway, I live in the Tristate area, I live very close to NYC, I'm not worried about their warnings.

Parkbandit
08-02-2004, 09:32 AM

And when something did/does happen.. ie September 11th.. we get people yelling "Dammit! Why the fuck didn't you warn us!"

Screwed if you do... screwed if you don't. It's a no win situation for Bush right now.. because people will spin any decision he makes for their benefit.

Prestius
08-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

And when something did/does happen.. ie September 11th.. we get people yelling "Dammit! Why the fuck didn't you warn us!"

Screwed if you do... screwed if you don't. It's a no win situation for Bush right now.. because people will spin any decision he makes for their benefit.

Yep PB .. you're right - he's screwed. But it's a screwing of his own doing. Because of all the tall tales the Bush Administration told to justify why we needed to go to Iraq, there's a large portion of the population that simply doesn't beleive him.

His Administration has simply cried wolf too many times, and unfortunately the country is a whole hell of a lot less safe because of it.

-P

peam
08-02-2004, 02:42 PM
DANGER DANGER!!!!!

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-02-2004, 04:12 PM
I go through customs tomorrow from India...

Parkbandit
08-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Prestius lives in a world prior to 9-11-01. It's a nice little fantasy world I suppose.. just not based in today's reality.

Prestius
08-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Prestius lives in a world prior to 9-11-01. It's a nice little fantasy world I suppose.. just not based in today's reality.

Umm .. OK...

I'm just trying to explain to you why you're seeing this "damned if you do, damned of you don't" situation. - which was evidenced by posts in this very thread .. posts which exist in the current post-9/11 world.

-P

-P

Back
08-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Don't worry, Prestius, PB sometimes means "Pressing Buttons" and he can be good at it. Hey, hes had plenty of practice by lording over newbs in a park in a text game for so long now after all.

About the new security issue. I might suspect it was some plot by the Administration if it weren't for the Senate and Commission's findings a couple of weeks ago. This cooperation about security is finally being addressed and sinking in with everyone.

I work in DC and I'm happy security is being stepped up. I ride the Metro every week day and I can tell you... anyone with half a brain could cause some major damage.

You'd think after 9/11 there would be at least a strict policy about abandon packages/bags/suspicious containers. But no, that didn't start until this year on the Metro. In DC no less! Where a plane crashed into the Pentagon? Hello?

The Israelis have been doing this on all modes of transportation since before the 90s. In fact, it was Israelis who were hired to help the FAA with security.

We could have formed the Commission and asked the Senate Intelligence Committee to look into things imediately after 9/11 and might have implemented these kinds of security measures back in 2001 or 2. So theres been no major attack on American soil since then? Nobody knew that back then, and, it might have prevented Spain's devestation and not lead us into uneccessary war with Iraq.

Betheny
08-02-2004, 08:32 PM
I didn't even realize the DC area was included in this until I recieved an alert at work today, how is that for efficiency?

The Korean
08-02-2004, 08:40 PM
I'm in the military and I work in DC....I didn't even hear about this.