PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Nerfs

Wrathbringer
01-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Had some of the multipocketed doeskin fishing vests that WERE pin worn for medium amount. They were in my shop. Checked today, and they've all been changed to front worn. Checked pshops, and some had been changed but others in shops were still pin worn. Had one in my locker and it remains pin worn. I promptly stuck it in a cloak on another char to hopefully protect it. Have a referral now, but I don't expect they'll change them back or reimburse me for them. Mostly just referring to let them know that this sucks. If you have some in a shop, check them. If they're still pin worn, yank them and maybe try dyeing them to ward off any future mass nerfs. Dunno if that would even help, but you've been warned.

UPDATE: System records show the items were front worn when I shopped them, and I was informed that this particular item has been sold off the shelf as both pin worn in the past and front worn more recently. Apparently, the shop I purchased them from had one pin worn and several front worn in the same room at the same price. I purchased several, then lockered one (the one pin worn, just by luck, as I'd assumed all were pin worn) and shopped the rest. A simple case of me not being careful enough as a pshop customer. I was assured that these items that are still pin worn would not be nerfed retroactively, so if you're an owner, you needn't worry. Good times.

Kastrel
01-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Wonder what happens if you wear it while wearing another front worn item? Even if they stealth nerf it, wouldn't get booted off your body, would it?

Gelston
01-25-2013, 07:40 PM
I believe you'll just be wearing two front worn items... And when you remove one you'll be down to the one front worn and be back to normal.

I remember having like 10 items in my hands before when I went to the CoL bathhouse in Landing and had no idea what it was... I thought it was a shower, so I went in there and took off my n00b gear.. The thing kicked me out with all the stuff I dropped on the floor in my hands.

Wrathbringer
01-25-2013, 07:49 PM
As of this afternoon, there were still pin worn ones available in some shops but not others in the same town. I actually went and checked, so I don't think this was a mass nerf. I dunno. Weird.

Gelston
01-25-2013, 07:54 PM
When they stuck LA belt worn pouches on the rack at a recent festival, by accident, they fixed it by making them change to MA upon touching them. you get a neat message telling you when/why it is changed when you touch it though... You should be seeing it with the vests if that is the case.

Wrathbringer
01-25-2013, 08:19 PM
When they stuck LA belt worn pouches on the rack at a recent festival, by accident, they fixed it by making them change to MA upon touching them. you get a neat message telling you when/why it is changed when you touch it though... You should be seeing it with the vests if that is the case.

Ah, I wondered how they handled that. Were the ones purchased before they caught it nerfed? No message on the vests. Just changed at some point over the last couple of weeks.

Gelston
01-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Ah, I wondered how they handled that. Were the ones purchased before they caught it nerfed? No message on the vests. Just changed at some point over the last couple of weeks.

Yeah it was the ones purchased before. When they became aware, which was pretty quick, they closed down the tent and changed the items on the rack and then all the ones everyone had already bought. They refunded all money and let everyone keep the pouches they bought aswell.

thefarmer
01-25-2013, 11:57 PM
When they became aware, which was pretty quick, they closed down the tent and changed the items on the rack and then all the ones everyone had already bought.

You mean after you bought like 20.... then reported they were LA?

Gsgeek
01-26-2013, 01:59 AM
I've always hated it when staff goes back and retroactively changes an items properties. Especially with no announcement, post or in game msg it has been done. An in game msg would actually be ideal, if OOC, but at least id see it and know why. I think the only warning I've ever seen ahead of time was from one of the gms about the dagger harnesses. That they were being changed from pin worn to otf or whatever. That if we wanted to keep them as a pin worn item to wear them and not take them off. That was a nice heads up. If im remembering correctly.

DaCapn
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
This outlook of theirs on containers really baffles me. Who gives a shit if you wear 2 doeskin vests? Who gives a shit if you wear 8?

Some Rogue
01-30-2013, 12:27 PM
This outlook of theirs on containers really baffles me. Who gives a shit if you wear 2 doeskin vests? Who gives a shit if you wear 8?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lipq93vsmA1qd150io1_500.gif

msconstrew
01-30-2013, 01:21 PM

Especially given encumbrance rules. If you wear 20 and fill them to capacity ... well, good luck dodging those maneuvers!