PDA

View Full Version : Misc Locker Weapons

Slit-eye
01-23-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm cleaning out a toon, and shoved all his locker weapons in a backpack. There's 4x blessables, 4x lightning, 4x cold flaring, and 4x damage weighted weapons in here. Nothing worth a stupidly high amount by itself, but it'll fill up an empty shop table really quick like.

In the heavy backpack you see a ruby-pommeled vaalorn rapier, a ruby-pommeled vaalorn rapier, a pearl-hilted sleek vultite rapier, a coral-inlaid black vultite bodkin, a gnarled and twisted orase runestave, a rhimar-edged grey vultite katar, a frost-rimed rhimar manople, a viciously serrated steel cutlass, a dark wire-hilted gladius, a mithglin longsword, a dark-veined faenor longsword, a pearl-hilted faenor longsword, a bright sapphire-hilted longsword, a zorchar longsword, a steel-handled tasseled scorpion, a vaalorn longsword, a vaalorn longsword, a golden vaalorn sabre, a golden vaalorn sabre, a golden vaalorn longsword, a golden vaalorn longsword, a golden vaalorn longsword, a narrow-bladed vultite main gauche, a triple-bladed vultite main gauche, a fluted-hilt vultite main gauche and a hook-tipped imflass boarding-axe.

CB: 548k to Kilron

The Devil you know...
01-23-2013, 11:24 AM
MB thanks!

Kastrel
01-23-2013, 11:37 AM

Chaddy
01-23-2013, 11:45 AM

Slit-eye
01-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Just took 'em to Kilron. Current bid is 547,700 silvers to the pawnshop.

Vorpodu
01-23-2013, 11:48 AM

GoingGone
01-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Then you should have set the MB to that, not 1k. Great job on the shady auction practices.

Vorpodu
01-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Ohhhhh, GG Kilron, you get what I was gonna do

Slit-eye
01-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Oh cry me a river, GoingGone. I didn't even think to pawn them off until after I put them up here. It's not shady, it's adding a bidder who can't type on the forums. I didn't change the Min bid. I found a bidder in an NPC. But thanks for the reputation neg, I'll keep that in mind.

Kastrel
01-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Its the merchanting equivalent of setting the MB to 547,000.

You set the MB at 1k, in essence, saying "I won't sell less than this!". Turning around, realizing you had more valuable items on your hands, and saying "Oh wait, I won't sell less than 547,000!" is shady. It would be one thing if no one bid, and you changed it later (I've had items where I had a stock, sold some for a low price, and gradually increased as it became evident later items were going, but NEVER post bid).

So in other words, people bid above your MB, and then you turned around and said "you need to bid at least 547,000 for me to sell this to you." Not classy.

Slit-eye
01-23-2013, 11:58 AM
I found a bidder for 547k. If you don't want to merchant these weapons, that's your business... but I didn't "withdrawl the items" for nobody having reached a set point, or say "I won't sell less than 547k". I will sell for 547k should I get no more bids.

Kastrel
01-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Kilron is not a bidder, its a mechanical source of income that will allow you to turn these items into silver. YOU are the new highest bidder, not Kilron. Thats what the MB is in the first place; the amount you are not willing to part with an item for, because it carries some intrinsic value to you, either financial or mechanically. If the items were worth that much in the first place, you set the MB as such.

Finding out an item is massively more valuable than initially thought AFTER bidding has started is not an excuse to change its MB.

Slit-eye
01-23-2013, 12:09 PM
We can argue this until we're blue in the face. The fact is I was perfectly willing to take 1k on the whole lot of them. I was then informed to check what Kilron will give, even with his measly 35k per weapon cap. I did just that, and this brings us to here. I didn't place a bid with a made up account like I've seen happen here. I didn't withdrawl the backpack from the auctions like I've seen happen here. I didn't say "All of your bids are null and void. Restart with the mid bid at 550k". I informed the thread that a source is offering me 547k for them, so I put him up as the high bidder. You don't need to outbid Kilron, and you can be as angry as you like that you didn't get the opportunity to walk away and pawn off the weapons for a quick profit. Nothing that I've done is shady in any sense of the word, except to those who may be butthurt by the fact they're not going to turn a profit to an NPC.

In fact, I can't believe I've received two negative reputation hits (one from Kastrel) over a measly 550k backpack.

Vorpodu
01-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Bottom line, Slit-eye, you're a toad-swallowing, rolton-loving, scally-wag!

Sorcasaurus
01-23-2013, 12:57 PM
I didn't say "All of your bids are null and void. Restart with the mid bid at 550k".

You may not have said this, but you effectively enacted it. Actions are just as effective as words. I believe that's the point being made here.

I don't believe anyone has said you can't/shouldn't do it either. They just pointed out that it's not what people would call "good merchanting", or classy. As you've stated, it's a 550k backpack filled with odds and ends not worth selling on their own. Hardly anyone here is going to be butt hurt about it.

The comparison is, many have seen people sell something for less than they wanted/could get because they made a mistake somewhere along the lines of value assessment/posting/whatever to preserve a reputation they feel they have. If you don't buy into that same value set, who cares? Just don't be surprised when people on the internet judge you for it.

Vorpodu
01-23-2013, 01:36 PM
The whole point of buying a 'mystery' backpack is the hope of turning a profit. So how can you judge people for trying to take advantage of it? You decided to start a mystery backpack in hopes that people would get into a bidding war for it so YOU would turn a profit. Seems silly to call people out on it.

P.S You might as well just sell this shit to Kilron cause I can guarantee nobody is gonna buy it now.

Slit-eye
01-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Sale killed. Rock on.

GoingGone
01-23-2013, 04:10 PM
It's your fault to not setting the MB higher and doing the research when you should have. That's your problem, not the bidders you're trying to screw over to bag a profit you neglected to consider before starting.

Sale killed is his way of saying he just took the 547k like a shady piece of crap. Scaaaam.