PDA

View Full Version : My mom just got a computer.

Betheny
07-29-2004, 06:29 PM
..And she's online.

Drew has already tried to cyber her.

My poor mom. :(

Artha
07-29-2004, 07:44 PM
Did he put on his wizard robe and hat?

Drew2
07-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Most def.

DeV
07-29-2004, 08:19 PM
When my mom first got online and I IM'd her, she about freaked, not understanding the inner workings of instant messaging.

Moms are funny when it comes to technology.

HarmNone
07-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by DarkelfVold

Ahem! :D

Mom

Soulpieced
07-29-2004, 08:26 PM
My mom and dad have been using AOL as long as I have, so othey are technologically adept and I talk to them a LOT more in IM rather than phone.

DeV
07-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone

Mom I guess we have our exceptions.

She recently got comcast cable modem and actually missed using AOL for a while. I was like :wtf: you're kidding. She is digging the high speed now though.

Betheny
07-29-2004, 08:29 PM
she doesn't even know if she's using outlook express for e-mail.

God help me.

Back
07-29-2004, 08:32 PM

Mom

Oh shit! You've been spying on me all this time, Mom!

Seriously though, my whole family is computer literate enough to be dangerous. People wonder why I keep my AIM off...

Betheny
07-29-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm going to laugh if she ever comes here. It'll take convincing to get her to believe that me = Maimara.

Snapp
07-29-2004, 10:36 PM
My mom just recently ditched AOL and is suprisingly catching on quick to the wonders of the internet. I had to edit my AIM profile a bit though now that she can read it (and does). :(

MPSorc
07-29-2004, 10:45 PM
I remember why my mom quit usin aol as much, she still has it but doesn't surf that much anymore.

all she did was talk to other old ladies in the needlework chatrooms, and this one asked her if she could send her a pic of her latest prodject, ha ha ha it was a picture of a guy standing full frontal and naked as the day he was born, and swinging like an elephant, i don't think i have ever seen my mom so red and so embarrassed i was just laughing my ass off. Needless to say she don't talk to the little old "ladies" on the chatrooms no more.

Artha
07-29-2004, 10:48 PM
all she did was talk to other old ladies in the needlework chatrooms, and this one asked her if she could send her a pic of her latest prodject, ha ha ha it was a picture of a guy standing full frontal and naked as the day he was born, and swinging like an elephant, i don't think i have ever seen my mom so red and so embarrassed i was just laughing my ass off. Needless to say she don't talk to the little old "ladies" on the chatrooms no more.

:rofl::rofl:

Funniest thing I've heard all week.

Wezas
07-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
My mom and dad have been using AOL as long as I have

^^ Yeah, that.

And when she first found the singles chat rooms, she had a notebook next to the computer writing down screen names and information about everyone she talked to. So as not to confuse different people.

Now all she does is sell & buy crap on Ebay.

07-29-2004, 11:58 PM
Yea, I talk to my mom and grandma on the internet more than I do on the phone. Also, my grandma and grandpa used the internet to research my geneyology more than 500 years.

Wezas
07-30-2004, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I accidentally got my granddad on the internet. In 8th grade I needed to ask him about my ancestors. A week later he had us help him pick out a PC, and he's now on his 5th or 6th edition of "Family Tree Maker". I can't get him to get cable internet, but he spends quite a bit of time dialed up - looking into ancestory and doing what most elderly relatives do.

Sending you jokes/spam/virus hoaxes/fake petitions.

Atlanteax
07-30-2004, 12:50 AM

Mom

MILF alert? :saint: