PDA

View Full Version : Irresponsible, forgetful...GAAAAH!

Shari
07-28-2004, 05:29 PM
I was going to title it forgetful...MEN, but it dawned on me that women are just as bad at this.

My boyfriend, loses EVERYTHING. We're talking shoes, hat, socks, keys, wallet, cellphone, ETCETRA.

Golfbag, suitcase, yes, these items are pretty large. How the FUCK can you not remember where they're at?

I'm pretty good about remember where I put things because I put them back in exactly the same place. Purse, keys, sunglasses and such stay right by the garage door.

But OH NO, not Scott's. This morning at 5am, WHILE I'M SLEEPING...he's shaking me awake. "Have you seen my wallet?"

I'm like, WTF, how old are you? How can you loose this shit? I say, "No."

"Can you help me look for it?"

"No."

So he calls me today to keep an eye out for it, I'm standing by the couch, I lift up the very first pillow (little decorative ones, takes absolutely no effort) GUESS WHAT I FIND.

This happens every *fucking* day and I grit my teeth in frustration because other than loosing things he's a pretty responsible guy.

Anyone got similar stories or a remedy for his rediculous habit of misplacing things?

[Edited on 7-28-2004 by Jesae]

Artha
07-28-2004, 05:36 PM
I always keep my wallet/backpack/keys/wtfever on the table near the door.

AnticorRifling
07-28-2004, 05:37 PM
I forgot to send a power cord with the laptop I sent someone, I forgot to load Win DVD on it too. I forgot to load Office 2k3 on another laptop and I sent it without the mouse or blank CDs.....

So yeah I have my moments.

Wezas
07-28-2004, 05:37 PM
I have a similar yet different problem.

She doesn't really *lose* things, but freaks out before she even starts looking around. And yes, she'll wake me up to help her look for something. I look for 30 seconds and she says "Nevermind, I found it" and appologizes.

It's a bit rediculous.

Also, I keep everything in my pockets when I come home from work. If I take my shorts/pants off, I put them on my dresser with everything still in the pockets. In the morning, I put on whatever shorts I'm wearing today, and transfer everything.

[Edited on 7-28-2004 by Wezas]

Shari
07-28-2004, 05:40 PM
You just want to shake her until her neck snaps, don'tcha, Wezas?

<wanted to do that this morning>

Wezas
07-28-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
You just want to shake her until her neck snaps, don'tcha, Wezas?

<wanted to do that this morning>

I would want to do such a thing. I have contemplated about pushing her down the stairs though. :saint:

Drew2
07-28-2004, 06:14 PM
Haha your boyfriend's habits = mine.

I lose everything. It doesn't matter if I had it in my hand 5 minutes ago, I can and will lose it. I'm so bad.

Betheny
07-28-2004, 06:15 PM
I stopped losing stuff when people stopped touching my stuff.

DCSL
07-28-2004, 06:22 PM
My boyfriend forgets if he did things. Normal things, habitual things.

The most infamous examples are locking the car or the front door. ALWAYS, he turns to me and asks, "Did I remember to lock the (blank)?" If I wasn't paying attention enough to remember, we have to turn around and make sure. He never remembers, but he's always super paranoid. You'd think if it mattered that much to him, he'd remember but.. no.

Sweets
07-28-2004, 08:21 PM
Another who feels my pain.:grouphug:

My husband is exactly like that as well except add to it "Where did YOU put my ______?"

ME? When I put something somewhere, we know where it is.

Don't get me started.:lol:

[Edited on 29/7/2004 by Sweets]

Wolfmage
07-28-2004, 08:31 PM
My favorite thing to do is to grab my keys to leave...go back for something, set the keys down somewhere, and FORGET where I set them down at. Yeah, I know...30 seconds...I forget that fast. Of course, at times, I can be in the middle of a sentence and forget it, so 30 seconds should be a world record or something...

Latrinsorm
07-29-2004, 12:23 AM
I know where everything is at all times...

...until I have to clean. Being a non-female, that means I stuff anything I lay my hands on in any available non-floor space. Which wreaks havoc on my strictly maintained system of throwing things on the floor. Which in turn wreaks havoc on my remembering where things are. :( If it weren't for being extremely aware of the fact that bugs will infest my face if I don't clean up periodically, I would never lose anything.

ThisOtherKingdom
07-29-2004, 01:48 AM
And the award for biggest douchebag in the world goes to.....

JESAE'S BOYFRIEND.

Shari
07-29-2004, 02:51 AM
I wouldn't say douchebag so much as wanting to slap him around a little bit. Least he's not a drug addict or a drunk.

Souzy
07-29-2004, 04:01 AM
Whoa Jes...he sounds JUST like my ex. I use to want to strangle him every fuckin' day!!! He lost his keys once, guess where I found them? In the fuckin' freezer! Ugh...men.

fallenSaint
07-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Train him with shock treatment ... he looses something you hit him with a taser. Few weeks of that he will be very neat in putting things where he can remember them!

http://www.taser.com/

SpunGirl
07-29-2004, 07:19 AM
I bought this gadget from Sharper Image for Jake. It's a locator remote thingy with four attatchments, all color-coded. He put the blue one on his keys, the red one on his wallet, the green one on the bus (remote control) and the yellow one on my keys. The remote has four colored buttons on it, so when you press one, the corresponding attatchment will beep so you can find whatever it is you're looking for.

He lost the remote thingy.

-K

Tsa`ah
07-29-2004, 07:23 AM
Amazingly I haven't been as absent minded since starting my new job. Less on my mind and not nearly the stress.

It's not that I would forget where I set something, it's more along the lines of my wife moving something after I set it down.

Keys on top of the fridge when I get home ... keys moved to the dresser when the wife wakes up.

Hat and shoes in my chair or at my desk ... Who the hell knows when I start looking for them.

My wife knows where everything in the house is at any time, unless it is something I use, like tools. She can pull a hammer and screw driver out of one of my tool boxes, but she can't put them back, remember what she used them for, or where she left them. When she takes my Lumina out, she can't ever remember to put in 93 octane fuel, or what fuel she put in. She can't remember to look at the odometer and compare the mileage to the oil change sticker. She locks the keys in the car no less than 20 times a year. She can't remember what months she pays the bills, and what months I do, even though we rotate months, then she gets when we don't get a bill the next month and has to call the providers and ask them what's up.

Let's see, she can't remember to pick up olive oil, 1% milk, whole bean French roast, dove soap, non-flowery/fruity shampoo ... the list is endless.

My wife is a nut-job one step away from lunatic.

Wezas
07-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
I bought this gadget from Sharper Image for Jake. It's a locator remote thingy with four attatchments, all color-coded. He put the blue one on his keys, the red one on his wallet, the green one on the bus (remote control) and the yellow one on my keys. The remote has four colored buttons on it, so when you press one, the corresponding attatchment will beep so you can find whatever it is you're looking for.

-K

I read that first paragraph and was like "Holy shit, I need to buy that".

Then I read the last sentance and realized the same thing would likely happen to me.

Wezas
07-29-2004, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't say douchebag so much as wanting to slap him around a little bit.

Just let me know if he's not willing to be slapped around. I might know someone who would step up to the plate. :saint:

Shari
07-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

Originally posted by SpunGirl

-K

I read that first paragraph and was like "Holy shit, I need to buy that".

Then I read the last sentance and realized the same thing would likely happen to me.

ROFL. I was thinking the same thing! I was so excited thinking, "Damn, Scott needs one of those!" And then reading the last part and thinking..."Yep, he'd do that too."

As for the slapping around... You sure this "mystery" person could handle it?

[Edited on 7-29-2004 by Jesae]

Wezas
07-29-2004, 03:02 PM
As for the slapping around... You sure this "mystery" person could handle it?

Who knows, but I'm sure he'd enjoy the opportunity to find out.

Shari
07-29-2004, 03:49 PM
You're going to Hell, Wezas, you know that right?

Wezas
07-29-2004, 03:51 PM
You're going to Hell, Wezas, you know that right?

Yeah, but I'm picking up hitchhikers. Need a lift?

Shari
07-29-2004, 04:11 PM
I don' t ride with strangers. :D

Besides, I'm wracking up so many miles, I'm sure I'll get a flight down there for free.

[Edited on 7-29-2004 by Jesae]

MaryJane
07-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Train him with shock treatment ... he looses something you hit him with a taser.

OMFG I wanted to do that with Weedie. Give her a good jolt of 480, keep her in line.

Wezas
07-29-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by MaryJane
OMFG I wanted to do that with Weedie. Give her a good jolt of 480, keep her in line.

I'd like to suggest that MaryJane be warned for threatening to kill another staff member.

Everyone knows any kind of electric jolt to Weedie will short circuit her pacemaker.

Shari
07-29-2004, 04:43 PM
YOU PEOPLE ARE HORRIBLE!

<laughs anyway>

Weedmage Princess
07-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Kill yourself. In a non fatal fashion, of course :saint:

Souzy
07-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
When she takes my Lumina out, she can't ever remember to put in 93 octane fuel, or what fuel she put in. She can't remember to look at the odometer and compare the mileage to the oil change sticker.

Tsa'ah my future mistress...we don't forget, we do it on purpose and pretend that we do. Most likely your wife put the wrong gas in. And because you totally :heart: your car, she didn't want to hear it from you if she put in the wrong gas, prolly regular instead of plus, lolz. Then the oil change stuff, we leave that to the boys. Oh we know all these things, but we just pretend we're oblivious to it, cos hell, we know you'll check up on it and get it done. ;)

Snapp
07-29-2004, 10:54 PM
I lose shit all the time at work. In literally under a minute, I can lose everything I was working on at the moment. I think it's due to major stress and a mix of ADD or something in there. I'm just so absent minded sometimes.

Back
07-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
I lose shit all the time at work. In literally under a minute, I can lose everything I was working on at the moment. I think it's due to major stress and a mix of ADD or something in there. I'm just so absent minded sometimes.

For you and all you people who can't remember from hour to hour...

Lay off the bong loads, yo.

Edaarin
07-29-2004, 11:07 PM
I lost pen a few days ago. It took me about 10 minutes to figure out I stuck it on my ear.

Shari
07-29-2004, 11:15 PM
My mother used to do that with her glasses, you know, wear em ontop of her head. She'd run around the house asking my brother and I and we'd just look at her blankly and say no.

Then about an hour later she would use the bathroom or something and you'd hear her...."You little bastards."

[Edited on 7-30-2004 by Jesae]

Snapp
07-29-2004, 11:21 PM
Lay off the bong loads, yo.

I haven't and don't do any drugs, but I think maybe I should start just so I at least have an excuse as to why I'm such a ditz. Maybe I should let all my blonde grow out.