PDA

View Full Version : Method for getting the most out of Krynch Stance

droit
12-24-2012, 11:41 PM
As you know, Krynch stance lets you transfer tiers from one creature to the next. You have 10 seconds from your last hit to strike another creature in order to have a chance to transfer tiers based on your ranks in krynch. Unfortunately, your RT from the first strike counts against your 10 second limit, so in reality, you only have 4-7 seconds to find and attack your next target, which is usually quite difficult to do.

Instead of running around frantically trying to find a target in time, find a creature near the center of your hunting area at the beginning of your hunt, take off its leg and get to tier 3 on it, but do not kill it. This is now your tier battery. Continue with your hunt until you find another target, run back to your tier battery, jab it in 3 seconds to load your tier 3 transfer, then run back to the target and attack with an excellent chance of starting at a higher tier. At rank 3 krynch, you have an 85% chance of starting at tier 2 or 3 on your new target. With this method, you can minimize the obnoxious jab phase of your hunting.

SpiffyJr
12-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Nice tip, Droit, but this post shows just how inefficient UAC is unless you plan on ambushing. It makes me sad.

droit
12-25-2012, 12:36 AM
You're absolutely right, but I still enjoy it as a hunting method. It's not nearly as efficient as other styles, but I like how involved it is.

SpiffyJr
12-25-2012, 12:45 AM
It is indeed very fun. My problem with it was it took me too long to kill bandits and they ended up cman'ing me to death everytime. With archery or TWC katars I'm able to shred them. Shame, too, I *really* like UAC and how it functions. I just wish the tiering was slightly adjusted somehow. Hell, they could do away with the "decent" tier all together which would put UAC about on par with most other hunting styles.

Androidpk
12-25-2012, 12:52 AM
It is indeed very fun. My problem with it was it took me too long to kill bandits and they ended up cman'ing me to death everytime.

Really? At what level?

SpiffyJr
12-25-2012, 08:08 AM
I am 58.

Gelston
12-25-2012, 10:35 AM
I did bandits fairly easy with my 47 monk, krynch stance is especially awesome for them.

Androidpk
12-25-2012, 10:40 AM
65 here and so far no real issues with bandits, hunting them self spelled. I use rolling krynch as well and I have been able to pull of some sweet back to back one hit kills.

SpiffyJr
12-25-2012, 11:54 AM
It is possible I just suck at UAC but the one time I tried bandits with it I cast 1219 then got shield bashed and pummeled before I could get back up.

droit
12-25-2012, 01:02 PM
It's got a pretty huge learning curve. It also sounds more like you had a defensive problem than an offensive one.

RichardCranium
12-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Seems pretty solid roleplay wise too.

Androidpk
12-25-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't know if I agree with that learning curve statement, monk/UAC seems pretty straightforward to me. I know it probably doesn't hurt that I converted at lvl 63 but combat seems really straight forward. I would suggest to everyone playing a monk to highlight various messages, especially in regards to tiering up.

SpiffyJr
12-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Good game bandits. Pretty methodical execution there.

An elven mugger springs from the shadows and strikes at you!
[Roll result: 133 (open d100: 40)]
An elven mugger delivers a blow to your head with his mace!
...8 damage!
You are stunned!
You are dazed!
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>
[group_ajar]>group open
Your group status is now open.
>
The barrier of force around you dissipates.
>
An elven mugger swings a mace at you!
AS: +309 vs DS: +278 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +69 = +131
... and hits for 8 points of damage!
Whiplash!
>
A half-krolvin marauder leaps out of his hiding place!
A half-krolvin marauder swings a falchion at you!
AS: +331 vs DS: +278 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +98 = +186
... and hits for 50 points of damage!
Powerful slash!
Your left leg is severed at the knee!
You fall screaming to the ground grasping your mangled left leg!
>
An elven mugger swings a mace at you!
AS: +309 vs DS: +167 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +33 = +206
... and hits for 41 points of damage!
Solid strike caves your skull in, resulting in instant death!

Aluvius
12-28-2012, 10:20 PM
They were probably using Wizard and had it macro'd ... :)

Androidpk
12-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Even self spelled you really shouldn't have too many problems with bandits. With just wizard spells on you should be all but untouchable. 1219 and rolling krynch make short work of them.