PDA

View Full Version : Musings

Edaarin
07-26-2004, 06:30 PM
I already have a xanga, but why not.

I'll update whenever I'm bored.

Edaarin
07-27-2004, 12:10 AM
There's just something funny about seeing a billing statement like this.

FALL TUI/REQ FEES 3276.50
FALL SCHOOL ACT FEE 22.50
FALL ACTIVITY FEE 23.50
UNIV ACHIEVE AWARD 3300.00-
DUPONT GRANT 1350.00-
ROOM DEPOSIT 100.00-

REGULAR SESSION 1427.50-

Getting paid to go to school rules. :beer:

The Korean
07-27-2004, 12:14 AM
I must learn from you.

Hulkein
07-27-2004, 12:19 AM
Pretty reasonable tuition there. What school is it again? UVA?

Edaarin
07-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Uh huh. It's in state, that's why it's so low. It WAS like $4700 a year when I first applied. It's now $6500 or so. For out of staters, it was $18k 2 or 3 years ago, now it's like $24k a year or something.

Still not bad if you compare it to a lot of private colleges.

Edaarin
07-27-2004, 11:25 PM
For the first time in awhile, everything is going smoothly in my life. I'm afraid it won't last, because usually something happens that either messes everything up or just depresses me. I fucked up really badly my senior year around the time I should have been finishing up my college applications. I won't say what I did, but for awhile I literally spent every waking minute dwelling on it and thinking that I completely fucked myself over and not being able to get in anywhere except maybe community college.

I don't know what's going to happen exactly, but I know peace and tranquility can only last so long. Guess I might as well enjoy it while it lasts, huh? There's balance in every aspect of existence, so bad has to balance the good. And judging from the amount of good news I've had in the past few months I'm going to feel like Hitler in that scene from Little Nicky.

Brimz
07-28-2004, 12:02 AM
Edaarin...

Come to Southern Connecticut State University...

I only gotta pay 10,000.00 tops......

Edaarin
07-28-2004, 12:06 AM
That's about 12 or 13 thou more than I'm paying. :whistle:

Edaarin
07-29-2004, 02:08 AM
I did something today that's been bothering me ever since I got home from work. This lady came in this evening to order her mother's Alzheimer's meds. While she was waiting she told us about how she was spending more taking care of her mom's hospitilization fees, medication, and care than she made in a month, and how she had to stop working full time to watch her. Virginia Medicaid wouldn't pay for those meds anymore either for the next three weeks, and her scripts came to a little over $530 out of pocket.

She said she only had $500 in her checking account, and then she started crying about what to do because her mom needed it now. I told her that I'd make up the difference myself.

The part that bothers me is that my parents send home thousands of dollars every year, which still isn't enough, and I haven't sent a cent in several months. And yet there wasn't a moment of hesitation for me this evening to give a stranger what takes me over three hours to make. I don't know why but I'm just so reluctant to send money to my own blood. It just bothers me that these people sit around expecting someone else to take care of their bills for them without working themselves. Just because we made it to America, I'm automatically obligated to give away whatever I can?

It's not just my family. A friend of mine from college told me this story about how when he went back to Vietnam last summer he tried to give his uncle $200 in an envelope ($200 can feed a family of four for about a month over there). His uncle threw the envelope in his face and said, "What the hell am I supposed to do with this shit?" Things like that just make me so mad.

longshot
07-29-2004, 06:40 AM
That's awesome you did that.

I can't say I've ever done anything like that before.

Edaarin
07-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Man I love days off.

Got up at 9, finished out my season of NBA 2K4. Stats heading into the playoffs (keep in mind, playing 8 minute quarters):

Houston Rockets -- 82-0, averaging 142.2 ppg, 99.3 papg, 53.1 apg, 21.0 orbpg, 43 drpg, 17 bpg, 19 to pg

MVP -- Yao Ming, 37.3 ppg, 6.2 orpg, 9.8 drpg, 11.0 apg, 12.4 bpg, 1.9 spg, 4.6 to pg

Fear the China man.

EDIT: Forgot about the rest of the day...which was spent watching DVD's of Matrix Revolutions and Prisoner of Azkaban fresh off the streets of Hong Kong. :grin:

[Edited on 7-30-2004 by Edaarin]

Hulkein
07-30-2004, 12:07 AM
lol, that's ridiculous.

I have to find a healthy challenge in a sports game for me to finish a season. The problem with that is there is a very fine line between having fun actually battling for wins and getting frustrated to the point you break the controller.

Edaarin
07-31-2004, 02:04 PM
I saw this in a friend's away message earlier. I thought it was pretty deep.

"When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying."

Edaarin
08-10-2004, 12:11 AM
My dad is suicidal. My mom asked him, "Was dinner good?"

To which he replied, "It was so-so."

AnticorRifling
08-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Did he say so-so or aso aso? Also if I brought my car to your house could I pay your dad to say wax on wax off while I washed it?

Edaarin
08-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Okay Daniel-san, but just give us a few hours, we have to catch some flies with chopsticks.

08-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Your musings suck

Souzy
08-11-2004, 03:14 PM
lolz...you guys are mean. I liked that deep thought in your friends away.

Drew2
08-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Lalana's signature movie thing disturbs me.

xtc
08-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Is it just me or does Ranger have some misplaced aggression?

Souzy
08-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Lalana's signature movie thing disturbs me.

Drew! The white dudes face is priceless. Along with Bruce Lee's well known "hiiiiiyaaaah!!!!" facial expression. Insane, lolz. It had me cracking up when I saw it.

Edaarin
08-11-2004, 09:16 PM
That's Robert Wall against Bruce Lee in Return of the Dragon. Classic. In Enter the Dragon he came close to seriously injuring Wall on purpose because some of the stunmen joked around that he insulted Lee's honor.

Souzy
08-11-2004, 11:30 PM
haha, now I know where I've seen that clip. Too funny still. Sometimes I wish my grand father never changed his last name. It would be cool just to say, "Yeah man I'm related to Bruce Lee, thus...I can kick your ass. Wanna crack another joke?" I'm not, but still that would be cool and hell of a lot shorter than what my current last name is now.

Edaarin
08-12-2004, 12:09 AM
The downside of having nice handwriting is I'm always the first person that gets asked to do anything that requires copious amounts of copying. Today I wrote up a Capital Return order...for 240 items. There's a dent in my middle finger where the pen was resting.

On well. One more day of work, then a week off before I move back to C-Ville. Actually can't wait, I'm bored out of my mind at home.

Edaarin
08-21-2004, 12:34 AM
So I'm all unpacked and settled into my new suite. There's so much space in my room I'm having a problem figuring out what to do with it all. I haven't had any time to do more than buy a new TV, but right now I'm pretty comfortable except for the 90 degree weather.

Not too much free time to myself, which kind of sucks, but for the most part I'm having a blast being back at school.

08-21-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by xtc
Is it just me or does Ranger have some misplaced aggression?

Its just your bitch ass

Latrinsorm
08-21-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
There's so much space in my room I'm having a problem figuring out what to do with it all.Orgy. :thumbsup:

Edaarin
10-08-2004, 03:50 AM
To sum up my last four weeks being MIA...

Broke up with someone.

Smashed my cell phone against a brick wall.

Got jumped, to the point where I thought I busted some of my ribs.

Started dating someone new.

Many, many, many retarded pictures of drunken frolicking.

Many, many, many more 4-5 a.m. nights doing work/homework.

And today, had to pick my friend up from drunk tank at the police station after he pissed on someone's pants at a football game.

HarmNone
10-08-2004, 04:01 AM
Well, one certainly can't say your life has been uneventful lately! :D

Great to hear from you!

Edaarin
11-01-2004, 11:14 AM
I just spent 22 hours in the library.

My life makes me sad.

Edaarin
02-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Extracted from my xanga. My Saturday night (times pieced together based on phone records, memory, and what people tell me).

6 p.m. Saturday night...

PurePursuit: trying to drink tonight?
Mooshoo16: I don't know man, I should probably get some work done since we're watching the game all day tomorrow
PurePursuit: if you don't stop acting all depressed we're going to have to ridicule you more
PurePursuit: come on I have a fifth with your name on it here
PurePursuit: its Bid Night, it only comes once a year
PurePursuit: you don't even have to run any game girls are out looking to get boned

7:30 p.m. Saturday night...

PurePursuit: vinh get your yellow ass over here
Mooshoo16: alright, I'll go for a few hours but I can't stay long

8:45 p.m. -- arrival at Ponce's apartment, greeted with a fifth of Southern Comfort

8:46 p.m. -- first cocktail of the night is poured. number of shots: 2.5

8:50 p.m. -- meet Steve, token black guy who happens to be drinking a Hurricane.

8:51 p.m. -- get the bright idea to give Steve the brown So Co bag, Steve takes joke further and pulls hood over eyes and lies down in the corner. Seif proceeds to throw change at Steve. Everyone laughs, except black girl sitting next to me who is horribly offended. I comment that we are probably all going to hell. More laughter.

8:52 p.m. -- I am in good form. I make a crack about giving Neckel the brown bag next so he can put it over the head of whichever girl he ends up bringing home. I am a god.

9:00 p.m. -- cocktail finished, second cocktail poured. running tally: 5 shots.

9:15 p.m. -- inexplicably, the U. Va basketball team beats NCState. Gillen's ass is saved. Another cocktail is oured. running tally: 7.5 shots.

9:20 p.m. -- Ponce informs me I have 10 minutes to finish my cocktail so he can go take shots.

9:30 p.m. -- Ponce insists that I need to forget Fiona's name, proceeds to pour himself a shot and me a double shot. my stomach starts protesting, immediately chase down some vanilla coke. Ponce proceeds to pour another round. running tally: 11.5 shots.

9:32 p.m. -- I go out in the common room, make small talk with Jenny and her roommate Dana.

9:50 p.m. -- Ponce pours another round. running tally: 13.5 shots.

10:00 p.m. -- I'm not feeling good. I get the feeling the night is going to end badly. I grab the Southern Comfort bottle, in which there is maybe a shot and a half left, and run into the living room. running tally: 15 shots.

10:01 p.m. -- people try to separate me from the alcohol, I scream obscenities (apparently), and chug the rest.

10:15 p.m. -- Dare arrives, is greeted with enthusiasm. this is where everything starts getting hazy.

10:30 p.m. -- I have no idea what happened between the time Dare arrives and now, but everyone says this is when I wiped out. fall off the stool, knock trash over, incapable of standing up.

10:31 p.m. -- I can't even see at this point, people grab me, lift me up, and drop me on the futon. Dare rolls me on side so I don't choke on my vomit.

10:32 p.m. -- I try to get up, and insist that I am okay. Someone comments that I am a Resident Advisor, and everyone finds this hilairious.

10:33 p.m. -- I take off my glasses. Ponce puts said glasses next to a lamp; I tell Ponce that he is an asshole.

Blackout period.

Sometime between 10:33 and 2:00, I sit up, puke all over the floor on the futon, and immediately pass out again.

When I was going through my phone calls this morning, I notice that there I dialed Fiona's number at 1:33 a.m. Uh oh. I don't remember doing such, I don't remember talking to her, and I'm praying I didn't leave her a voicemail.

2:00 a.m. (I think?) -- I am awakened by voices out on the veranda. People have come back home; I yell "Keep it down bitches outside."

Tech guys tell Seif that I'm awake, and ponder whether they should be relieved or whether they should teabag me for calling them little bitches. They decide that my night has been rough enough.

2:01 a.m. -- Seif notices the vomit, proceeds to tap me repeatedly on the leg about the "boot" on the floor.

2:02 a.m. -- I consider punching Seif in the face for waking me up, and reconsider when I realize I still can't see.

2:03 a.m. -- Tech guys give me shit for not being able to handle liquor. I give Tech guys shit for going to Tech.

2:04 a.m. -- More vomiting. Ponce informs me that there is a trash can three inches from where I'm puking. To make him happy, I spit the remainder of the vomit into the trashcan.

2:05 a.m. -- Neckel starts being a bitch about cleaning up, blames Ponce for my wretched condition. I flip Neckel off (he later said that my aim was incredibly accurate for not being able to see).

2:10 a.m. -- Seif plays mediator, has quelled any temptation to fight. I end it by promising to clean it up in the morning. I immediately pass out again on the futon.

8:42 a.m. (<-- accurate time, I distinctly remember this) -- I wake up, have no idea where I am, and realize what happened. I stumble to fridge to get water, step on Tech guy's hand, who then proceeds to fart. Crawl back on futon.

10:11 a.m. -- blacked out again. I wake up, get shit for not making it past the pregame. I am informed that U. Va fraternities suck. I consider telling Tech guy that he probably should have put more effort into dressing than wearing a Virginia Tech sweater and dirty jeans.

10:12 a.m. -- I wake up Ponce, who gives me Carpet Stain remover. On the way back, I go in the bedroom to make sure no one drew any penii on my face.

10:13 a.m. -- cleaning up puke is not fun; it reeks of alcohol. And I think I see remnants from saturday's dinner.

10:20 a.m. -- we go through Tech guy's digital camera; they have a photographic step-by-step progression of me throughout the night, from sitting on the stool to money shot of me lying on futon with hand down pants, shirt untucked, vomit on the floor next to trashcan and other hand flipping someone off.

10:21 a.m. -- I decide never again to touch alcohol, and pass out again.

10:55 a.m. -- everyone is awake now. Take more shit for not even making it outside the apartment, and shoot the shit with the guys for an hour.

12:00 p.m. -- it is decided that the place is a hellhole, everyone is hung over as shit, and again Neckel got no play.

12:15 p.m. -- I decide it is time to go home. I've thrown up twice, it's been over 12 hours, and I'm hung over as shit.

12:24 p.m. -- I run into Ashley outside the Chapel. She looks cute. I try not to talk because my breath reeks of vomit and alcohol. We make requisite small talk, and I try to get the hell out as fast as posible.

12:35 p.m. -- I make my triumphant return up the stairs to Courtenay. I cheated death. Sitting on the picnic table are one of my residents and several girls. Danielle inquires about my night, I force a smile. I try not to talk, as it is quite embarassing that I had to crash at someone else's apartment.

12:36 p.m. -- Kevin (the resident) informs me that I need to brush my teeth, since there's vomit on them.

12:40 p.m. -- I take the fifth of Captain Morgan's from my closet and give it to Kyle. I never want to even look at a bottle of liquor again.

12:41 p.m. -- I pass out again.

3:00 p.m. -- I inform Ponce that I'm not coming over for the Superbowl.

Quite possibly the worst night ever. Will post the pictures once they're up on webshots.

02-07-2005, 02:31 AM
Like we've never heard the phrase "I'll never touch alcohol again" before

Drew2
02-07-2005, 02:41 AM
R
O
F
L

That's some awesome shit.

Shari
02-07-2005, 04:16 AM
Okay, that totally had me rolling.

Blacking out is so, so scary. And I'm not even talking about the health risks...I'm talking about waking up and going "Who, or what the FUCK did I do last night?"

And then someone (usually my fiancee) tells me, and then I really wish I HAD died of alcohol poisoning that night.

kheldarin
02-07-2005, 04:32 AM
It's so familiar to what I experience every week.

Fun times.

Alfster
02-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by kheldarin
It's so familiar to what I experience every week.

Fun times.

I'd have to agree, although I'm more of a weekend warrior now with the occasional weekday thrown in.

Edaarin
03-01-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm now officially a member of corporate America!

PwC intern starting in June. :spin:

HarmNone
03-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Congrats, hon! Welcome to the ratrace! :D

03-02-2005, 12:41 AM
PWC?

Edaarin
03-02-2005, 05:30 PM
PricewaterhouseCoopers. They pay their interns better than a lot of legal firms in California offer law school clerks.

longshot
03-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Congrats man.

That's an awesome thing to have on your resume.

Which division are you interning in?

Back
03-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Intern = fresh meat

Enjoy it. Go to the Happy Hours.

Good times.

Jorddyn
03-02-2005, 10:00 PM
PwC intern starting in June. :spin:

Let us know when you get out :D

Seriously, though, congratulations. Tough gig to get.

Jorddyn, public accounting survivor

Edaarin
03-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Going into Dispute Analysis & Investigation. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to be doing, but it sounded fun.

I also got offered a position at Deloitte in Assurance and Advisory, but it's farther away and pays a little less ($22/hr). Also, PwC is sending all its interns to Disneyworld for a week paid in August, so that sort of sealed the deal. :grin:

Warriorbird
03-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Do the PWC. Definitely. Good luck.

longshot
03-03-2005, 11:45 AM

I also got offered a position at Deloitte in Assurance and Advisory, but it's farther away and pays a little less ($22/hr). Also, PwC is sending all its interns to Disneyworld for a week paid in August, so that sort of sealed the deal. :grin:

Joining a big, prestigious firm is a lot like joining a frat.

Being an intern is like going to Rush. They tell you how sweet their firm is, and how much cool stuff they do. All the cocktails and social events would be the equivalent to your closed rush party. You get to go to Disney World instead of getting strippers on bid night.

Then, if they offer you the job, you're a pledge... and they own your ass.

There's a reason the average time employed at those firms is around four years. Most people break.

Then, the hazing continues until you start to earn respect of the partnership.

Then, after you've been completely broken down, and haven't quit, you can become a partner.

At this point, you bitch about how associates (pledges) weren't tough like you were back in the day, and how much better things used to be. These are like the cynical old guys in the frat.

Then your life ends, and you die broke because your wife spent all your fucking money.

edited for grammar... twice. I have the flu, cut me some slack.

[Edited on 3-3-2005 by longshot]

Jorddyn
03-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by longshot
There's a reason the average time employed at those firms is around four years. Most people break.

This is kinda accurate. There are the people who are there to just get their two years and license and bail into private. The ones that break are those who put in their time hoping to eventually make partner, and wind up breaking after 8 years. Then there are the lifers. I have no clue how they do it. I was ready to break after 2 1/2 years :)

Oh, and the happy hour thing? Do it.

Jorddyn

Edaarin
03-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Heh, I'm not turning 21 until fall, so happy hour is out...

Out of curiosity, do you know what the average salary coming out of undergrad is for accounting/finance majors? I was expecting an offer of something like $15-$17 an hour for the internship, but if companies are paying undergrads $24 an hour...

longshot
03-09-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure to be honest.

Are they paying you hourly for your internship?
Are you salaried, but they give you an hourly breakdown?

Just remember that if you're salaried, the hourly rate will most likely be for 40 hours... you will work a lot more at the big 4 though. You already knew this though.

Just remember... an internship is the good part of "rush".
You aren't a pledge yet.

Edaarin
03-09-2005, 10:51 PM
The internship pays $3800 a month, payable bi-weekly. They pay 1.5x off of the hourly rate for any time I put in over 40 hours a week.

No idea what to expect if I end up working with them after graduation (which I probably will, in all likelihood). But I guess that's one of the things I'm going to find out.

Souzy
03-10-2005, 01:40 AM
OK...Vinh you need a live in chef?

03-10-2005, 07:17 AM
That's how much internships pay? I thought I was good banking 2k a month.

Warriorbird
03-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Yeah. Some crazy stuff. Friend of mine's damn well getting 6k from Google.

[Edited on 3-10-2005 by Warriorbird]

Edaarin
03-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Lalana

I still live with my folks, already have an Asian cook.

Back
03-10-2005, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by Lalana

I still live with my folks, already have an Asian cook.

Its settled then, Lala. You can move in tomorrow.

Edaarin
03-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Man in avalanche awareness class killed by avalanche.

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=7a45c74e-0abe-421a-0027-93269f4508b9&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

Irony at its best.

03-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Horrible attempt at changing the subject.

Edaarin
03-10-2005, 06:33 PM
I just got slammed...to the tune of $4,000.

Apparently, the President of the school I go to decided it would be a good idea to move the start of class up 10 days. That means freshmen move in on August 20th...which means resident advisors have to arrive for training on August 11th...and senior resident advisors arrive for training on August 4th.

Unfortunately, my summer job doesn't end until August 15th, no questions. Ouch.

Latrinsorm
03-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Transfer. Or tell them "sry I have job thx". Or F being an RA.

03-11-2005, 04:30 AM
Coming soon in 2006, Daniel and vinh take the metro to Jack in the box.

Edaarin
03-19-2005, 11:58 PM
My International Business professor mailed it in on this take-home final. I guess he doesn't want to spend time grading exams whilst in the Bahamas next week.

25. An import quota is a direct restriction on the quantity of some good that may be

A) subsidized by a country
B) imported into a country
C) exported out of a country
D) produced in a country

03-20-2005, 04:59 AM
B

03-20-2005, 04:59 AM
Wait, is that really a question on a take home exam?

Edaarin
03-24-2005, 03:14 AM
Tax Accounting Exam + GDP Exam = Death

Edaarin
03-24-2005, 04:30 AM
Yep, I'm screwed.

HarmNone
03-24-2005, 04:33 AM
No, you're not! You're smart! Get in there and kick those exams' asses! :up:

Drew2
03-24-2005, 06:46 AM
Tap into your inate asian power.

You'll either become super smart or suddenly get the urge to work at a nail salon.

Edaarin
03-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Innate?

It doesn't work for me, I burned out in high school. Now I'm only smart enough to be in the top 5% of white people.

Edaarin
03-24-2005, 11:33 AM
So in the space of 3 hours, I managed to

Accidentally call the girl I'm dating fat
Infringe an international copyright
Completely screw up my midterm

HarmNone
03-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Ish, Edaarin! Your girl will understand, I'm sure...or, at least, she'll get over it.

How did you infringe, and what makes you so darned sure you screwed up your midterm? Have you gotten your grade yet?

:axe:

Don't be so bloody hard on yourself!

Edaarin
03-25-2005, 08:50 AM
So, there was a clue in one of our student paper's crosswords that wasn't too hard to solve:

A weakness in armor (5 letters)

I had to figure out a few other clues first, but the answer wound up being "chink." It reminded me of this one episode of Scrubs (yes, I watch Scrubs, shut up).

The janitor is standing next to JD at the nurses' counter with a pen and newspaper in hand, and he's like "5 letters. Showing vulnerability. A 'blank' in one's armor." JD thinks for a second, then answers "Chink." The janitor goes "What?" and JD replies more loudly "Chink!" The janitor then steps back with a stupid grin on his face, revealing that Franklin (the Asian lab tech) has been standing on the other side of the janitor. Franklin stares at JD with a shocked and outraged expression on his face. JD, horrified at getting set-up by the janitor, tries desperately to explain about the janitor and the crossword puzzle, but the janitor just shrugs his shoulders like he doesn't know what JD's talking about, and Franklyn's all like "I always knew it!" And then all throughout the rest of that episode, all the Asian people in the hospital give JD the evil eye. That janitor is so deliciously evil.

Edaarin
03-28-2005, 12:16 AM
Tentative schedule for Fall 2005

ECON 305 -- Economics of Welfare Reform (YES, FINALLY)
ECON 433 -- Economics of Taxation
COMM 342 -- Commercial Law II
COMM 410 -- Accounting Information Systems
COMM 420 -- Project Management
COMM 531 -- Advanced Financial Accounting

Man I'm going to get my ass kicked.

03-28-2005, 04:10 AM
Hey, when do you need to start taking higher levels of math for economics? Grad school?

Edaarin
03-31-2005, 08:59 PM
I think so. The highest math prereq for any Economics course for the undergrad major here is Calculus II.

Anyway...I went to eat with a friend who was hosting a prospective student for the weekend. Holy shit. Holy, holy, holy shit. This girl (half white, half Cuban) had the most spectacular ass I've ever seen on a 17 year old. I felt like a freakin cradle robber all through dinner.

The greatest part of the night? While walking over, I told her she looked like she looked like she could be a DZ, and she had a little flavor for a white girl. Her reply? "Oh, I'm half Cuban...where do you think this ass came from?" and proceeded to slap both cheeks with her hands.

AnticorRifling
03-31-2005, 09:21 PM
You shoulda been all shake shake that ass bitch and let me see what you got.

SHAKE SHAKE THAT ASS BITCH AND LET ME SEE WHAT YOU GOT!

Best part of the female body is the booty. Followed by legs, eyes, hair, boobles.

04-01-2005, 04:15 AM
Your mission is clear: to pave the way for me to tap that ass when I move to the east coast

Edaarin
04-02-2005, 01:33 AM
I went to pick up a suit I was having tailored this afternoon. They already delayed it once; it was supposed to be ready on Wednesday but the guy who measured me the first time didn't chalk the waist enough. So this time, the tailor tells me (again) that it's not ready, only its because she couldn't read the instructions as to whether or not I wanted the waist taken in.

At this point, I'm going to admit something: I got completely, 100% manipulated, so be warned. As I'm about to flip out on her, she quickly rushed to inform me that she would have it done within 30 minutes, and that I could go grab some lunch (at the expense of the store. Wow, $7 whole bucks...it's not like I paid $80 for the tailoring or anything...). So I came back still pissed off, and as she's having me try on the jacket again, she tells me that I'll never be able to have a suit jacket that fits really well because I have somewhat of an athletic build. The V shape and narrow waist will preclude being able to fill out a suit correctly, unless I have it completely custom made.

I've never left a store more confused as to whether or not to be pissed or not.

Edaarin
04-04-2005, 04:19 PM
It was so gorgeous today I went for a run outside after hitting the gym.

Something that happened in one of my classes this morning pissed me off royally, and I was so focused thinking about it that my next thought was, "Holy shit, I'm lost."

I ended up taking a cab back to my dorm room.

AnticorRifling
04-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Unless you're propotioned like me you got lied to on the suit thing. A normal cut suit will have a 6 - 8 inche drop that means there is a 6 - 8 inch difference from the coat size to the pant size meaning if you have are put in a 40(S,R,L,XL) the pants are going to have a 32-34 inch waist depending on the maker. You can find, very easily, an athletic cut suit which will have 10" drop. So again if you're in a 40 coat it will have a 30 pant. And you can more often than not get 3 easy inches to take in let out on a good set of slacks.,

Me on the other hand I need a 52R and my waist is 36, even athletic cuts w/3 inches of room to take in are still 3" to big around my waist.

For your build you should look for a Donna Karren (not DKNY that's her cheaper label) she tends to cut her suits for a more lithe frame (which sux for me because I like her suits)

Edaarin
04-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I meant having the jacket taken in, not the slacks. I have no problems with the slacks, I usually wear a 33 but I don't mind a 34.

AnticorRifling
04-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Dude if I can get my coats taken in to look nice and tailored you shouldn't have a problem. Put a 52R jacket on sometime and see how tent-esque it's cut. I don't have a ginormous gut and I can get most of that extra material removed.

For 80 bucks you can get a coat recut and looking like it was made for you as long as it fits your shoulders.

Edaarin
04-04-2005, 04:55 PM
In other words, bitch lied to me.

:(

Damn women...

Addendum: Damn lazy women.

[Edited on 4-4-2005 by Edaarin]

Edaarin
04-18-2005, 09:07 PM
My story for the weekend:

I'm walking to a meeting, and as I pass the bridge by the e-school some guy in a car rolls up beside me, honks his horn about 3 feet from my ear, rolls down his window and yells, "Bryant Hall. Where is it?"

Since rude people piss me off, I kept walking, and all the while the guy is following me intermittently repeating, "Where is Bryant HALL?" until finally he stops the car by the bus stop outside Cabell and gets out, walks up in front of me, and starts shouting and gesturing,

"WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, I NEED DIRECTIONS."

To which I tapped my right ear and mouthed, "I'm deaf." The expression on his face made my day.

04-19-2005, 07:20 AM
You pussy

Edaarin
04-20-2005, 11:56 PM
This has been bugging me for awhile, don't know why I've been thinking about it so much lately, but here it is.

I was helping a friend work through a case study for one of our classes awhile back. It took the better part of 4 hours from start to finish. After it was finished, she thanked me and wanted to know if I could help her out with studying for the exam (which was still weeks off). The kicker? She said, "I can pay you."

It felt slightly demeaning/insulting. She's rather well off, and I get the feeling she meant well by it, but it just felt like a slap in the face.

HarmNone
04-20-2005, 11:59 PM
Heh. I can see where you're coming from, Edaarin; but, I'm sure she had no intent to insult. She was offering to pay for your time, which is quite common these days, since there is so much emphasis on the material. People often find it hard to accept that there are those who do "the right thing" just because it's right. :)

Edaarin
04-21-2005, 12:01 AM
Oh, it wasn't the "right" thing to do...I've just never been able to say no to certain people.

:whistle:

HarmNone
04-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Hee! I see. Still, you didn't expect material gain for investing your time. Well, in this case, maybe there was enough "material gain" to satisfy your needs. :D

04-21-2005, 04:02 AM
Take the money and the innocence

Edaarin
05-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Gotta love it when a friend lets you down.

HarmNone
05-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Agreed, hon. That's a definite bummer. :(

Edaarin
06-10-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm strongly considering moving out of my parents' place after I graduate next spring. They're slowly driving me crazy. Looking into getting an apartment in DC for a few years while I sort out where I'm going with my life (at this point, it's almost a certainty that I'm going to work in DC for a few years before any kind of grad school).

The only thing that's holding me back is that annoying thing called responsibility. They're both quickly approaching retirement age, and for the past 10 years, either me, my brother or my sister have taken care of things around the house that they don't. Yard work, paying bills (the actual paying of the bills, not necessarily earning the money), driving my mom to doctor's appointments...

Now, with my sister raising two kids of her own and my brother playing doctor at Yale, I'm all that's left. It seems incredibly selfish to want to move out, considering that the sacrifices my folks have made easily DWARF that of 98% of any other parent. Shit. Decisions, decisions.

06-10-2005, 01:05 AM
Hey since Aim is not working on this comp, what part of DC you looking at moving to? I've been looking for apts in nw DC and it makes me want to cringe

Edaarin
06-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Haven't really looked into it that much except that time I looked up those prices for you.

06-10-2005, 01:50 AM
Yea, I don't remember at all. I really don't wanna shell out 1500 for a 1 bedroom but then again I don't want to end up in the PJs cause I have to shop for an apt without ever really looking into it.

Edaarin
06-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Was having lunch with the other interns and our mentors (who are all 23-26) at Sam & Harry's last Thursday. I guess it's one of those places where all the yuppies do power lunches...awesome filet mignon though...

Anyway, so we're all sitting there schmoozing, lasted a little over two hours...it was around the time that we finished appetizers/soup when this old (like 40?) white guy comes up to our table, and the following transpired:

Old guy: "So are you guys here for the Batman premiere?"
Chris: "Uhh, no. We're taking our interns out to their first business lunch."
Old guy: "Oh. Well, I thought to myself, lots of well dressed young people...maybe you were with the movie."
Chris: "No, we work at <company name>."
Old guy: "You don't look old enough to be professionals. You all look like you're in your early twenties, except maybe one of you who could be 30."

<old guy points at me>

<dead silence>

Haylee: "He's not even old enough to drink yet."

Skirmisher
06-24-2005, 08:46 AM
What did you throw at him? I hope it had tomato sauce in it.

I was carded not that long ago, so i must look younger than you.

:spin2:

Wezas
06-24-2005, 09:00 AM
You all look like you're in your early twenties, except maybe one of you who could be 30."

<old guy points at me>

<dead silence>

Haylee: "He's not even old enough to drink yet."

So owned.

Looks can be deceiving. When I was 18 I dated a friend who was 31. She didn't look it at all. One night she went into 7-11 to buy a pack of cigarettes. They carded her, she didn't have her ID. She was pissed, came out to the car, I went in, bought the cigs without him checking my ID.

Edaarin
07-09-2005, 09:06 PM
So I've been taking care of my niece for the weekend while my sister and her husband are out of town at a wedding.

She's disturbingly perceptive for a three year old. As I was trying to coax her into eating the mashed vegetable soup thing my sister made for her, she said that if it was so good I could have it. I took a bite, and almost threw up in my mouth.

Needless to say, we had popcorn for dinner. I did get her to drink a sippy cup full of milk though!

EDIT: She's adorable, but I can't wait for her parents to get back. It's been 12 hours, and I think I'd cry if I had to watch her for more than a day.

[Edited on 7-10-2005 by Edaarin]