PDA

View Full Version : Rep question

Danaandim
12-20-2012, 04:03 PM
A few months ago, I responded to a thread in the Warrior category. My response was not 100% correct. One person responded with a neg rep with a comment that I should know what I'm talking about before posting. I take blame for the comment, but overnight, my rep went from like +3 to -460. Is this a bug, just the community piling on me legitimately, or the result of someone who found out how to massively neg rep without posting comments?

Danaandim

AbnInfamy
12-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe people have different levels of "rep power". I haven't been able to discern what accounts for the power, whether it is post number and current reputation, or just reputation. However, if someone with a lot of power hits you, you're going down quick. Like Anticor-Rifling would just destroy you with one negative.

Liagala
12-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe people have different levels of "rep power". I haven't been able to discern what accounts for the power, whether it is post number and current reputation, or just reputation. However, if someone with a lot of power hits you, you're going down quick. Like Anticor-Rifling would just destroy you with one negative.
There are different levels. You gain "rep power" through your rep level, post count, and time registered on the forums (in order of their effect on your rep e-peen). Your negative rep comments left for people subtract half the number of points that your positive ones grant. If your rep is currently low enough to show grey or red boxes, you have no effect one way or the other on anyone else's rep no matter what you do.

Danaandim
12-20-2012, 05:30 PM
There are different levels. You gain "rep power" through your rep level, post count, and time registered on the forums (in order of their effect on your rep e-peen). Your negative rep comments left for people subtract half the number of points that your positive ones grant. If your rep is currently low enough to show grey or red boxes, you have no effect one way or the other on anyone else's rep no matter what you do.

Thanks to all who repaired my rep with infusions of goodwill! I will be careful to give thumbs up to those deserving it, and only slam those that truly merit chastisement.

Liagala
12-20-2012, 06:33 PM
I will be careful to give thumbs up to those deserving it, and only slam those that truly merit chastisement.
Where's the fun in that?

Danaandim
12-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Where's the fun in that?

Apparently, I'm taking this stuff too seriously. Ok, screw it!

Sarika
12-20-2012, 11:30 PM
I saw the rep thing as just something fun to play around with. Like a facebook like to show support.

Gweneivia
12-21-2012, 12:04 AM
I saw the rep thing as just something fun to play around with. Like a facebook like to show support.

You are wrong wrong WRONG. Rep is srs bsns.

Drew
12-21-2012, 12:06 AM
Reputation Received (327000 point(s) total)

I have a nice even number!

EDIT: I had the 5th most rep but Stanley just passed me and knocked my down to 6th. ::shakes fist::

AbnInfamy
12-21-2012, 01:02 AM
I thought I was pretty bad ass with my 9500.

Smythe
12-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Suckin' teh wind, 'ere. But don' pay no nevermind.

- Smythe

P.S. Fer those what don' know.

Tenlaar
12-21-2012, 07:39 AM
Dude. Seriously.

Liagala
12-21-2012, 10:48 AM
EDIT: I had the 5th most rep but Stanley just passed me and knocked my down to 6th. ::shakes fist::
I'm pretty happy with my position right under Tisket. :D

Drew
12-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Reputation Received (327000 point(s) total)

I have a nice even number!

I knew you fuckers were going to give me neg rep when I made this post, you guys are so predictable.

Thread: Rep question

Fuuuuuuuck that! I bet it ain't a nice even number any more! :P
12-21-2012 08:31 AM

Thread: Rep question

WHERE DO YOU STAND AFTER THIS ONE?! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM ~ Anticor

And to answer your question:

Reputation Received (325191 point(s) total)

EDIT: Also since someone asked me, your total rep number is right above all your rep in the settings.

BriarFox
12-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Where's the list of rep standings these days?

Gompers
12-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Where's the list of rep standings these days?

I think you just click on members, and organize the list by highest to lowest rep.

4a6c1
12-21-2012, 11:49 AM
I tagged AbnInfamy like a whore on the corner. YEAH DAT ASS.

4a6c1
12-21-2012, 11:52 AM
But then with Drew I was gentle and took my time because I wish he would post in the politics folder more often even though HE VOTED FOR ROMNEY LOLOLOL.