PDA

View Full Version : monk conversion is now live!

Archigeek
12-15-2012, 12:12 PM
See official post by Finros. I'd copy paste, but on phone.

Ardwen
12-15-2012, 12:15 PM
So ya gonna convert Kerl? hah!

Kitsun
12-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Conversion to the monk profession is now enabled for those characters which are eligible, and conversion to the paladin profession has been disabled. Characters are eligible for monk conversion if they meet the following criteria:

1.) Are currently a warrior, rogue, ranger, bard, or paladin (those professions which can train 2x in brawling).
2.) Were created before July 16th, 2012 (monks having been released on the 15th of that month).

Conversion is allowed for a sixty day period following the time that your character is first logged in, after this announcement. After that period, conversion will no longer be an option. Upon conversion, characters will have the option to adjust their stats and skills, and will have a period of rapid skill migration, as if they had just been created.

Note that conversion to the monk profession is a one way process and should not be undertaken lightly. It cannot be undone by any means short of a complete character restoral according to the policies and fees listed here: http://www.play.net/gs4/cservice/permarestoral_policy.asp

It is strongly suggested that players have experience playing a monk before deciding to convert an existing character. Ask questions on the forums before starting the conversion process.

This message was originally posted in Monks, Developer's Corner - Monks. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/239/2665/view/768

Doing all the leg work for you to take the credit!

Archigeek
12-15-2012, 12:39 PM
So ya gonna convert Kerl? hah!

Nawp. Don't think so. Guess I have 60 days to decide. I think I'd have made a good paladin, but too late for that now.

Androidpk
12-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Nawp. Don't think so. Guess I have 60 days to decide. I think I'd have made a good paladin, but too late for that now.

Why is it too late? Can't old warriors and clerics convert to paladins still.

Archigeek
12-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Conversion to the monk profession is now enabled for those characters which are eligible, and conversion to the paladin profession has been disabled. -Finros

Looks to me like that ship has sailed.

mgoddess
12-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Woo!