PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Enchanting Slot

07-25-2004, 08:29 AM
Looking for a Wizard to enchant some 3x (+15) armor up to 6-7x. I'm kind of interested in pricing that is a bit more affordable than what Tsoran has to offer.
Send me a U2U if interested, Thanks.

Askip
07-25-2004, 11:49 AM
If you do not get a better offer over the next 5-6 weeks (I have a 7x in progress), I'll take 15% off Tsoran's price of 13.6mil for a 3-7x job.

Askip

Brimz
07-25-2004, 12:25 PM
gah....

13.6m for 3 to 7x, good lord.... so not worth it....

even with a 15 percent off....

your better off just buying a 7x set of armor and altering it..... the way you wanted it...

Brimz

Brimz
07-25-2004, 12:28 PM
no offense to any other wizards or anything...

but that is highway robbery... I would never ever charge that much for an enchant project cause there are many other methods of getting something 7x and to your liking...

What did you want enchanted Stan?

I might have an item similar and probably cheaper

since you can't enchant anything padded or flaring or weighted...

if its basic 7x leathers i have those and even an alteration scroll

:::grin:::

Skirmisher
07-25-2004, 12:30 PM
No offense intended in any way, but what is it that prompts fees of that amount?

I have never had an enchanting wizard so am rather ignorant of the demands such an effort places on the enchanter. Is it sheer amounts of time they must spend standing over the item in question? Is it repeated attempts are required? Is it some very costly potions?

If someone could explain what is required, I'd appreciate it.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-25-2004, 12:34 PM
I've had a major enchant slot open for like, since they changed back to the new method of enchanting. I've offered many friends my slot but no one has taken me up on it. (I'm free). Either I suck, or you are all lazy asses.

07-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Brimz, thanks for the heads up, just that, I can't find high ET torso chain for the life of me.

07-25-2004, 12:39 PM
How much would you charge, SMH, bringing 3x to 7x?

Brimz
07-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Ahh your in a tight spot then....

and keep in mind enchanting now takes forever...

3 to 7x your looking at atleast 3-4 months... by then you've would of already found some...

Brimzstone

07-25-2004, 12:43 PM
.Yeah, You're probably right, Oh well Se la vi oui oui tou she le le poo

Edaarin
07-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Please tell me you weren't trying to say, "C'est la vie."

SHM never offered me his spot! Ass!

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
How much would you charge, SMH, bringing 3x to 7x?

I don't. I enchant for myself or friends if they want. You don't count as a friend.

Hips
07-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
I've had a major enchant slot open for like, since they changed back to the new method of enchanting. I've offered many friends my slot but no one has taken me up on it. (I'm free). Either I suck, or you are all lazy asses.

<--friend? :?:

Brimz
07-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Feh, Aren't I enchanting your shield? Mich?

Don't make me threaten to post Nude Michiko on here

:lol2:

Brimmie!

You know you all love me!

crazymage
07-25-2004, 01:01 PM
post!

Hips
07-25-2004, 01:01 PM
There's still the matter of my brig.
And you don't have any of those pictures that you claim to have. :saint:

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-25-2004, 01:02 PM
ping me when I get back from Bangalore, not gonna be playing for two weeks or so.

Brimz
07-25-2004, 01:16 PM
You see Lady Michiko Lawyk the Woodswoman.
She appears to be a Half-Sylvan.
She appears to be in the flower of life and short. She has long-lashed, expressive twilight blue eyes and flawless, creamy skin. She has long, silky raven black hair that flows down her back, curling at the tips to brush against her hips. She has a finely contoured aristocratic face, an upturned nose and petite, delicate ears that taper to slight points.
She has a series of intricately etched slender silver rings in the ridges of both her ears.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a silver-bladed dark blue silk fan in her right hand.
She is wearing some pink fuzzy underwear that has, eat me! spelled with embroided red hearts, a pair of coconut tops and nothing else special.

feh, I'm too tired to play around with that.... so I'll leave it at that...

Brimzstone runs away before Michiko finds him.

Stunseed
07-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Stan, Adredrin might be open for some work soon. If you don't find anyone, my Dark Magician will be open for up to 5x in 12 days.

I'd U2U him though, seeing is as how he's got a higher level Mage than mine.

Kitsun
07-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
No offense intended in any way, but what is it that prompts fees of that amount?

I have never had an enchanting wizard so am rather ignorant of the demands such an effort places on the enchanter. Is it sheer amounts of time they must spend standing over the item in question? Is it repeated attempts are required? Is it some very costly potions?

If someone could explain what is required, I'd appreciate it.

It really isn't active enchanting time or potion costs but rather the opportunity cost of doing something more personally rewarding. With the enchanting process so slow, it could take a wizard like 4 months to move a 4x project to 7x. If they have gear they want worked on either for themselves or for friends, you'll have to make it worth their time.

More well known wizards(like Tsoran) can charge more probably because of the fact that they ARE well known. They're not going to grab your item and money and disappear with it into limbo.

Would you really want to hand over your prized item and half an up-front fee to JoeSmo IdiotWizard who you've never really heard of and aren't sure if they know what they're doing?

Skirmisher
07-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Ok Kitsun, I can understand that.

I still think its higher than it needs be, but i understand why some would think it appropriate.

Jonty
07-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Heh, it's not too high since people still buy his slots.

Kitsun
07-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Well if he can throw it out there and not have any open slots for 9 months, then it isn't too high heh.

If no one were biting then it could be said that the price is too high. If he's backed up then he could probably even consider hiking it up *shrug*

Skirmisher
07-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Clearly it is not too high for some, yes.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-25-2004, 02:08 PM
I'll enchant anything, for anyone, up to 4x if you buy the potions and hold the items yourself. Not like its a big deal and doesn't take up my coveted "major" enchant slot.

Ping me at Tayvin anytime.

Tsoran
07-28-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
Ok Kitsun, I can understand that.

I still think its higher than it needs be, but i understand why some would think it appropriate.

Blech, my first post got deleted. OK, take 2...

Kitsun's explanation pretty much covers it all, as far as why major enchants cost so much. It's a very limited commodity. Each account (not even each character!) can only have one major project at a time, and each enchant takes from one to two months. So that's a total of 6 to 12 enchants per year, per account. 4x to 7x? That's 5.5 months. Two of those per year. Per account. That's if nothing goes wrong, and you never go on vacation or anything.

Lots of demand, small supply. High prices. It's that simple.

Is it expensive? Yeah. Would I pay for it? Nope. It's a lot cheaper to go and buy something already enchanted.

But lots of people want their existing items enchanted, and are willing to pay for it. Most of the work I do is altered items, or at least pretty rare stuff.

I've never had any trouble selling the major enchanting slots at these prices, which haven't changed. I suspect I could raise them and still have no trouble selling them, but I have no intention of doing so.

Keep in mind that anytime someone decides to make a new character, or change hunting style, and they want to bring some new equipment to 7x for themselves, that pretty much can take up a whole year's worth of enchanting for an account. That leaves far fewer wizards willing to sell enchanting slots for the big stuff then one might expect.

The lower enchant prices I move up or down depending on whether I want to be doing more or less enchanting. But the major enchanting is set at a fixed price that works out to 3 million per month of tempering time, and has been since I started enchanting.

Trinitis
07-28-2004, 12:24 PM
I've personally pretty much desided to do enchanting for friends and "family". Its sad when your offering enchants dirt cheap (compaired to other mages) and people still bitch about things being too expensive. I charge a flat fee of 5mil to take something from 4x to 7x. Thats a lot cheaper then most other mages. Yet, I still get people trying to talk me down cause I'm "so expensive".

Edit to add :

This is not to say I won't accept outside jobs. But I no longer actively throw ads on the amulet or make posts searching for work to do.

[Edited on 7-28-2004 by LordAdredrin]

SnatchWrangler
07-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Since there's a bunch of enchanters here...

Does a +17 to +22 enchant still count as x3 to x4? And for that matter, does a +12 (imflass) still count as only x2 for the purpose of enchanting?

It doesn't seem to recently...but I'm a beginner and for the most part, just got started with enchanting.

Tsoran
07-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler
Since there's a bunch of enchanters here...

Does a +17 to +22 enchant still count as x3 to x4? And for that matter, does a +12 (imflass) still count as only x2 for the purpose of enchanting?

It doesn't seem to recently...but I'm a beginner and for the most part, just got started with enchanting.

Unless it has changed VERY recently, yes, imflass (+12) still counts as 2x and +17 to +22 still counts as 3x to 4x.

Kitrina posted a while ago that this was going to change, but as of a month or two ago, it had not yet changed, according to her. That was preety much confirmed when I took my imflass armor from +27 to +32 (a 5x to 6x enchant).

It may have changed within the last month, I suppose, but if so, there's been no announcement nor any discussion about it on the official boards.

SnatchWrangler
07-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Tsoran
[quote]Unless it has changed VERY recently, yes, imflass (+12) still counts as 2x and +17 to +22 still counts as 3x to 4x.

Kitrina posted a while ago that this was going to change, but as of a month or two ago, it had not yet changed, according to her. That was preety much confirmed when I took my imflass armor from +27 to +32 (a 5x to 6x enchant).

It may have changed within the last month, I suppose, but if so, there's been no announcement nor any discussion about it on the official boards.

I purchased a villswood staff from one of the HSN merchants in the landing last weekend. Poured a dirtokh potion on it, but it didn't take. Twice.

The Simu website docs say villswood was +17. Just wondering if anyone had come across this issue. Maybe the runestaff is buggy?

Tsoran
07-28-2004, 01:14 PM
It's possible the runestaff simply isn't enchantable.

Askip
07-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Villswood is +18.

http://www.play.net/gs4/info/armory/materials.asp

<< I took my imflass armor from +27 to +32 (a 5x to 6x enchant). >>

Also, Simu put an end to going higher than +35, so we can no longer take imflass and the like to +37. :(

Enchanter
07-28-2004, 06:54 PM
I have a major slot open.

Encant - Cost - Time Required

Normal:
0x to 1x 20K 2 days
1x to 2x 40K 5 days
2x to 3x 60K 1 week
3x to 4x 80K 2 weeks

Expediated:
0x to 1x 30k 1 days
1x to 2x 60k 2 days
2x to 3x 90K 5 days
3x to 4x 120K 10 days

Major slots:
4x to 5x 2.75 million (2,750,000) 1 month
5x to 6x 4.25 million (4,250,000) 1.5 months
6x to 7x 5.75 million (5,750,000) 2 months

Email me at mistahnice@gmail.com
IM me at MistahNice via AIM
or U2U me.

SnatchWrangler
07-28-2004, 08:31 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Askip
Villswood is +18.>>

That would explain alot. Confused it with witchwood. Bah.