PDA

View Full Version : Fireman Fired for Obama Toilet Paper

ClydeR
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
POMPANO BEACH — Placing toilet paper imprinted with President Barack Obama's face in a fire station has led to a firefighter's termination and he had until 5 p.m. Friday to turn in his badge.

More... (http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-11-30/news/fl-pompano-firefighter-fired-20121130_1_toilet-paper-city-property-pompano-beach-fire-station)

The most important thing I learned from this article is that you can buy toilet paper with people's faces on it. Except that some people are allergic to some kinds of ink. But that's their problem. I've found my stocking stuffers!

Gelston
12-03-2012, 11:04 AM
"It was Clint Pierce's third instance of posting political paraphernalia on city property and a violation of a direct order to cease and desist from such behavior, according to city records."

Latrinsorm
12-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Firemen have badges? I guess that's what I get for not watching Denis Leary's docudrama.

Tgo01
12-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Isn't it in the damned constitution that we can wipe our asses with the president's face?

Lulfas
12-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Isn't it in the damned constitution that we can wipe our asses with the president's face?

Of course you can. At your own home. When you're on city property and city time, you shut the fuck up about politics and do your job.

Tgo01
12-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Of course you can. At your own home. When you're on city property and city time, you shut the fuck up about politics and do your job.

Why do you want to take away my God given right to wipe my ass with any face I want at any given time I want?

Sad American
12-03-2012, 01:41 PM
It sounds like he was attempting to get under the skin of one of his coworkers.

AnticorRifling
12-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Or at the very least he was being cheeky.

~Rocktar~
12-03-2012, 01:58 PM

Since fucking when?

Jarvan
12-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Frankly, while I find it funny as shit he was using this.. (haha) He should be fired if he had already been told 2 times to keep the political stuff out of work. If this had been his first offense, I would cry foul, third. good riddance. It's a workplace, your right of free speech doesn't exactly exist there.

Drew
12-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Sounds like this guy used pretty crappy judgement. Also this is basically where I live, being a firefighter in south florida is the world's cushiest job. It's always moist and/or raining. All the buildings are built out of concrete. Nothing ever catches fire. Every now and again someone lights their kitchen on fire and the department just lets the house burn down as policy, they just try to "contain". They still get paid a lot of money and work 14 days a month mostly transporting old people to the hospital. So this guy is an idiot who will never get a job like this again.

Kastrel
12-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Whats interesting here is that it sounds like he has been posting his anti-Obama messages OFF the clock. It said the toilet paper was installed in some rest-stop (no clue how they traced it back to him). While I'm 100% in agreement that he shouldn't be doing this sort of thing in the workplace, I'm wondering if this is a case of his boss firing him for off-the-clock activities. That doesn't seem quite fair.

I can't find anything in the article to indicate any of his 3 offenses were done in the workplace or on the clock.

EasternBrand
12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Or at the very least he was being cheeky.

Maybe at first, but by number two they should have realized they were barely plumbing the depths of his resistance to good taste.