PDA

View Full Version : tick tock

Lord Orbstar
11-20-2012, 06:56 PM
conversion clock

GoingGone
11-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Plat has a monk at 39, shouldn't be that long. If it's taking too long for anyone they can always upgrade for 10 bucks and do it themselves; I hear there has been claims of Prime trolling.

Androidpk
11-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Not soon enough!

Aluvius
11-21-2012, 02:20 PM
All I've seen is encouragement on the officials for the Plat monk at 39. Dunno on lnet though.

GoingGone
11-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Buzz around Plat was that an outspoken player and a few others were claiming Platinum wasn't leveling their monks to screw with Prime being able to convert. Because none of us want to convert, or something? I dunno, granted it's all "I heard they said this just now" and we know how reliable that is, but still, it's sort of ridiculous. If I was that level 39 monk? I'd take a break and tell them to thank that person with the big mouth. It's not like THEY are waiting to convert, they've got a monk already. :P

Makkah
11-21-2012, 05:16 PM
I thought a GM on the boards said that the conversion wasn't gonna happen necessarily when monks hit 40?

Androidpk
11-21-2012, 05:19 PM
I thought a GM on the boards said that the conversion wasn't gonna happen necessarily when monks hit 40?

Correct. Finros has to write the code to allow the conversion process. He didn't say how long it would take him.

Aluvius
11-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Buzz around Plat was that an outspoken player and a few others were claiming Platinum wasn't leveling their monks to screw with Prime being able to convert. Because none of us want to convert, or something? I dunno, granted it's all "I heard they said this just now" and we know how reliable that is, but still, it's sort of ridiculous. If I was that level 39 monk? I'd take a break and tell them to thank that person with the big mouth. It's not like THEY are waiting to convert, they've got a monk already. :P

Huh I certainly haven't seen that on the boards, in fact one of the most impatient people is a Plat player that wants to convert lol. Its funny how rumors fly out of control. :)

Aluvius
11-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Correct. Finros has to write the code to allow the conversion process. He didn't say how long it would take him.

He did sort of make a sarcastic reply to someone that wanted a "christmas present of converting", Finros replied that he could make it happen on christmas day if we wanted and I took it as implying that he planned to have it done earlier than that (granted a Plat monk hits 40 before then which seems likely). Who knows though, I had also interpreted their earlier remarks to mean that it was going to be an instance by instance basis which turned out to be incorrect.

RSR
11-21-2012, 10:55 PM
It wasn't said on the boards, it was said in lnet chat.
[LNet]-GSIV:Kardos: "convert to a monk"
[LNet]-GSIV:Gondain: "you're waiting on that plat person to get off their ass for that one"
[LNet]-GSIV:Zerthos: "so why would they need devine vengence"
[LNet]-GSIV:Jeril: "dying is like pooping, everyone does it"
[LNet]-GSIV:Vivaldi: "plat's doing it on purpose"
[LNet]-GSIV:Vivaldi: "just to fuck with prime"

Vorpodu
11-21-2012, 11:27 PM
and everybody knows that what is said on lnet is absolute truth lol

Aluvius
11-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Just looks like the usual inane comments on lnet to me. Fears of a Prime/Plat monk conversion schism averted. :)

Gelston
11-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Pretty sure level 40 is a baseline, but not the end all be all. Remember back to paladin conversions.

thefarmer
11-22-2012, 01:30 AM
It wasn't said on the boards, it was said in lnet chat.
[LNet]-GSIV:Kardos: "convert to a monk"
[LNet]-GSIV:Gondain: "you're waiting on that plat person to get off their ass for that one"
[LNet]-GSIV:Zerthos: "so why would they need devine vengence"
[LNet]-GSIV:Jeril: "dying is like pooping, everyone does it"
[LNet]-GSIV:Vivaldi: "plat's doing it on purpose"
[LNet]-GSIV:Vivaldi: "just to fuck with prime"

This makes me laugh. Seriously laugh.

Androidpk
11-22-2012, 05:29 AM
Figures Jeril would be talking about pooping.

thefarmer
11-22-2012, 02:19 PM
This makes me laugh. Seriously laugh.

I rarely respond to rep. Barely even look at it until they pile up in the notification window. But the red rep I got just begs the question..

Do all Plat people get butthurt so easily?

Malisai
11-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Just posted on the officials that the plat monk hit 40.

Androidpk
11-24-2012, 01:23 AM
Sweet!