PDA

View Full Version : Secret way into the rift?

Jason13828
10-21-2012, 11:21 PM
I heard there is a way to bypass the sphere to get into the rift before you reach the appropriate level. Anyone know what it is? Symbol of seeking doesn't allow my 50 empath to get there and I'd kind of like her to just hang out there at the sands.

whiteflash
10-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I have no idea if you can avoid the sphere to enter the rift proper, but anyone that can pass the climb/swim checks to get to the sands can get there. I want to say 20-25 ranks of each will get you to the sphere.

Archigeek
10-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Were you in the proper location in Icemule or Pinefar when you tried Symbol of Seeking? I'm surprised that didn't get you to the sands. The original "chosen" each have an orb that will take them there from anywhere in the game, though I don't recall the last time I've seen one of them up there. Most of them are long gone. And before you ask, the orbs are attuned.

WRoss
10-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Who were the original chosen?

everan
10-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Heathyr

WRoss
10-22-2012, 02:43 PM
I vaguely remember that story line and was there at the end in Stone Valley, but I do not remember the Chosen at all.

Archigeek
10-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Tedra, Berr, Beldin, I'm not sure who the others were off the top of my head, though this being the internets, I bet you can google it. Also, if you take a look at the crown outside, you'll note that there are a number of stones. Each of the chosen had a sphere to match one of the stones if I recall right.

everan
10-22-2012, 03:10 PM
From the Internet!

Heathyr, Krackenstar, Writher, Jala, Berr, Risper, Mithadris, Tedra, Wanton, Nyte, Merry, Beldin and Terate, who had fallen to the Vraael..

MrMortimur
10-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Very interesting. Love learning new tidbits about the rift.

Archigeek
10-22-2012, 04:09 PM
There was alot of waiting associated with the discovery of the rift. Some of the time that "the chosen" spent just waiting in the cave enroute to Pinefar (before you could get to Pinefar) lead to some fairly humerous incidents.

FlayedAngel
10-22-2012, 04:44 PM
I've heard that you can at least peek in and explore the Rift at lower levels... how feasible is this without getting splattered? And how do you get out again??

I heard something about a thread or whatnot you have to follow to get out, and you should steer clear of the Voids, but otherwise I know nothing of that place.

WRoss
10-22-2012, 04:53 PM
I've heard that you can at least peek in and explore the Rift at lower levels... how feasible is this without getting splattered? And how do you get out again??

I heard something about a thread or whatnot you have to follow to get out, and you should steer clear of the Voids, but otherwise I know nothing of that place.

Find doors and mirrors on planes 1-3 will take you back to the sands. The maw on plane 1 will take you back to town. Threads take you up a plane, stairs take you down a plane.

everan
10-22-2012, 04:55 PM
And don't forget to show some love for the sphere, kneel and give it a kiss.

FlayedAngel
10-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Ahhh, thanks for the info! I both can't wait to -- and dread -- exploring that place, heh.

Archigeek
10-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Another bit of trivia: there is actually a way to watch what's going on at the sands from within the shrine. I'll let you explore to figure it out... it's not too difficult to find. Not generally alot happening there these days, but you can see who's there and watch the action for a bit if you want.

whiteflash
10-22-2012, 05:22 PM
The maw on plane 1 will take you back to town.

Love it.

poloneus
10-22-2012, 05:49 PM
I heard there is a way to bypass the sphere to get into the rift before you reach the appropriate level. Anyone know what it is? Symbol of seeking doesn't allow my 50 empath to get there and I'd kind of like her to just hang out there at the sands.

As stated, you can get to the Sands with the proper training for the swimming and climbing checks. I've had a level 30ish empath up there a couple of times. Careful passing the seekers as they will induce fear. Also need some perception unless someone points out the search for the ledge just before the door.

You can not get to the hunting grounds without going through the level check.

Candor
01-06-2013, 01:40 AM
As stated, you can get to the Sands with the proper training for the swimming and climbing checks. I've had a level 30ish empath up there a couple of times. Careful passing the seekers as they will induce fear. Also need some perception unless someone points out the search for the ledge just before the door.

You can not get to the hunting grounds without going through the level check.

Wanna bet? Here's the procedure:

1. Really piss off a GM.
2. Tell em if he wants you dead, send you to the Rift.
3. Wait for it...

Kuyuk
01-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Wanna bet? Here's the procedure:

1. Really piss off a GM.
2. Tell em if he wants you dead, send you to the Rift.
3. Wait for it...

You'll be waiting forever these days..............

Candor
01-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Well yeah, but the game has been dying a slow and painful death for quite some time.

heh heh heh