PDA

View Full Version : WOW THE LAKERS ARE GONNA OWN

Heathen
07-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Wow, when you think about it the Lakers are gonna be total ownage next season, look at this shit.

Lakers starting 5

Gary Payton (Point Guard)

PPG 14.6
RPG 4.20
APG 5.5
EFF + 16.34

Kobe Bryant (Shooting Guard)

PPG 24.0
RPG 5.50
APG 5.1
EFF + 22.68

Caron Butler (Small Forward)

PPG 9.2
RPG 4.80
APG 1.9
EFF + 9.38

Lamar Odom (Forward)

PPG 17.1
RPG 9.70
APG 4.1
EFF + 20.43

And if Vlade signs

Vlade Divak (Center)

PPG 9.9
RPG 5.70
APG 5.3
EFF + 14.96

^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is fucking crazy!!!

And its still not certain wether Karl Malone will resign or not, if so throw him in there somewhere, man this season is gonna rock!

Weedmage Princess
07-19-2004, 10:49 PM
:lol:

Don't count on it. On the Lakers owning, that is.

Syberus
07-19-2004, 10:52 PM
WOW THE LAKERS SURE KICKED ASS THIS YEAR IN THE FINALS HUH?!

Sorry, I was at game 5 laughing from the 3rd row as our Pistons pwnd you so hard it wasn't funny.

Mistomeer
07-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Um, people said that about the Lakers last year and their starting 5 last year was much, much better.

Soulpieced
07-20-2004, 01:34 AM
I'm sorry, the Nuggets have the best starting 5.

Skirmisher
07-20-2004, 01:37 AM
I just assumed this was a joke thread.:crutches:

Heathen
07-20-2004, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Syberus
WOW THE LAKERS SURE KICKED ASS THIS YEAR IN THE FINALS HUH?!

Sorry, I was at game 5 laughing from the 3rd row as our Pistons pwnd you so hard it wasn't funny.

HAHAHAHA

I gotta say, the lakers got destroyed. Pistons deserved it, see they played like A TEAM. I think this could be a team. I mean, Shaq was a little baby cuz Kobe was considered the leader of the team.

Shaq "Waahhhh, trade me, Kobe scuured me!!"

Vlade won't give a shit as long as he wins, and neither will odom butler or payton, they want to fucking win.

And we all know Malone is with Kobe all the way!

Yes, I am a die hard Laker fan, but now that I think back on it, the lakers got PAWNED in the finals. If they had played against the Pistons the way the played against the Spurs, it would have been a great series.

But that Laker lineup is pretty impressive, you have to admit.

Blazing247
07-20-2004, 02:35 AM
<Yes, I am a die hard Laker fan, but now that I think back on it, the lakers got PAWNED in the finals.>

You had to think back on it? It's not like it happened three years ago. That ass whoopin' should still be fresh in your mind.

<But that Laker lineup is pretty impressive, you have to admit.>

I've seen better. Great players don't make a great team. They have to know, and want, to play with eachother. Posting mildly impressive stats does not a great lineup make.

Chadj
07-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Basketball sucks.

Watch hockey or football.

Galleazzo
07-20-2004, 05:10 AM
Hockey's ten times the sport hoop is.

But hell yeah, lineups on paper are lineups on paper. Ain't not too many people gonna think replacing Shaq with Divac's a step up.

Zanagodly
07-20-2004, 06:00 AM
Lakers will be awful in the west sorry. Yes Nuggets are going to be nasty. Kenyon Martin at PF, Camby at C, 'Melo at SF, Voshon Lenard at SG, Andre Miller at PG, with Nene coming off the bench. Pretty deep team. San Antonio has to be the favorite in the west though.

Latrinsorm
07-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Didn't Caron Butler go to UConn? If not, every single person on that lineup is a crybaby wimp that deserves to have their shins ripped out with fiery hot devices of some kind. Except for Odom. I'm indifferent towards Odom.

Blazing247
07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Yes he did. His performance last season was less than stellar, also.

Atlanteax
07-21-2004, 02:20 AM
It just bugs the heck out of me that ever since Shaq got traded to Miami... all the press are going "now the balance of power is shifting back to the East... especially when the defending Champions are in the East."

... and they're basically basing such statements solely on Shaq (while using the Pistons as an excused to back up the statements).

:rant:

Shaq is NOT that good... he *depends* on having a good support cast in order to win in the postseason.

SnatchWrangler
07-21-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Atlanteax
Shaq is NOT that good... he *depends* on having a good support cast in order to win in the postseason.

I agree...but he is the most dominating player in NBA history. And now he's got some motivation (which he hasn't had for atleast 3 seasons). I can't stand him, but I think he's going to absolutely destroy some teams/players next season.

Now if only the Nets were competitive. Fucking Bruce Ratner.