PDA

View Full Version : Halloween costume ideas....

Sweets
09-27-2003, 08:25 PM
I need a halloween costume idea, but here's the catch, I will be 8 months pregnant at the time of the party.

Any ideas other than the obvious beach ball and pumpkin ideas? I will be going with my hubby if a couple thing strikes you.

Help?

Snapp
09-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Be Roseanne! You'll have most of the gut for it!

peam
09-27-2003, 08:38 PM
I'd go with Louie Anderson.

CrystalTears
09-27-2003, 08:41 PM
A pregnant nun and your husband the priest. Be the talk of the party!

Yeah I'm a sick puppy, but then again one year my ex dressed up as a priest vampire and I was his catholic school girl blood doll.

Artha
09-27-2003, 08:41 PM
Go as a dinosaur.

GSLeloo
09-27-2003, 08:45 PM
I think you should show off your stomach.. you know, pregnant and proud? Or maybe go as a baby and have a big top so that it's not so obvious

AnticorRifling
09-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Go as the Alien, paint on some stuff that makes it look like the baby is coming out your stomach.

Vesi
09-27-2003, 09:07 PM
I had a friend go as 'White Trash' once. Huge rubber garbage can with the lid for the hat and lots of paper trash tapped to it. (think he held it up with suspenders so it's seems pretty easy to make)

I would tell you about my bird costume and it would work with pregnant EXCEPT it was hard as hell to go to the restroom in. Last thing a pregnant woman needs!

Vesi

Bobmuhthol
09-27-2003, 09:27 PM
You should go as Bobmuhthol.

HarmNone
09-27-2003, 09:33 PM
Heh. Go as a rabbit.

HarmNone wanders off, whistling to herself

AnticorRifling
09-27-2003, 10:41 PM
Or go with a porthole with the baby looking out painted on your stomach and wear a sailor outfit. Man the tastless jokes I could give at this costume on second thought don't.

GS4Gurl
09-28-2003, 03:51 AM
Be a kangaroo. Your lil kanga is in your pouch. That would be cute.

Or go as the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Sweets
09-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Thanks for all the ideas! Most of them had me tittering away at my keyboard. I did take a bit of a shine to the priest and the nun idea or if my hubby leaves me solo the kangaroo.

Thanks again!

Louie Anderson and Rosanne (snickers again)

Artha
09-28-2003, 10:13 AM
You could also wear blackface and be Oprah. Or a skin cap and fake mustache and my Dr. Phill.

Edaarin
09-28-2003, 01:07 PM
Random story: a Jewish friend of mine, who lives in a predominantly minority neighborhood, opened the door one Halloween to find a young child with his father. The child was dressed in white sheets and a conical white hat with eyeholes. He looked at the father, and the father said "Yeah, he's suposed to be a tube of toothpaste but his mother wouldn't let us write on the sheets."

ElvenRangeress
09-28-2003, 01:09 PM
You can always go as a penguin, and wobble around ;o)

Skirmisher
09-28-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
A pregnant nun and your husband the priest. Be the talk of the party!

Yeah I'm a sick puppy, but then again one year my ex dressed up as a priest vampire and I was his catholic school girl blood doll.

I love the pregnant nun and priest idea.!

I second it!

An ex coweorker of mine came to work dressed as a nun one year and it was just hysterical. You had to know her to get the full impact though.

She was one of those old ladies who was like the anti-old lady. She would make dirty jokes and curse at people with the best of them if she thought them assholes. She had something making a reference to "Our lady of never ending misery" or something on the outfit, it was too funny. And the scary part was if you just saw the photo we have of her in the outfit she looks the part....till she speaks.:smilegrin: