PDA

View Full Version : Bone Shatter

AnticorRifling
08-18-2003, 07:10 PM
Just got on the test server with my little empath and bone shatter looks like it could be fun.

Here's a shot:
You gesture at a rolton.
With an intense look of concentration, psionic ripples emanate from your forehead toward a rolton.
CS: +67 - TD: +3 + CvA: +25 + d100: +97 == +186
Warding failed!
The internal skeletal structure of a rolton implodes inward upon itself, leaving behind no support for his body or life. The rolton falls to the ground in a lifeless mass of flesh and fractured bones.

Not bad for a spell that only costs 6 mana( it's 1106)

Taernath
08-18-2003, 07:20 PM
Smooth... can you post more messaging from it?

Drew2
08-18-2003, 08:01 PM
Oh Bone Shatter is out? I'm so there.

Drew2
08-18-2003, 08:05 PM
>You gesture at a kobold.
With an intense look of concentration, psionic ripples emanate from your forehead toward a kobold.
CS: +198 - TD: +3 + CvA: +20 + d100: +42 == +257
Warding failed!
The kobold shudders with severe convulsions as psionic ripples envelope its body.
The kobold is crushed for 65 points of damage!
The kobold crumples to a heap on the ground and dies.

---------
You gesture at a mountain ogre.
With an intense look of concentration, psionic ripples emanate from your forehead toward a mountain ogre.
CS: +198 - TD: +42 + CvA: +17 + d100: +42 == +215
Warding failed!
The mountain ogre shudders with mild convulsions as psionic ripples envelope its body.
The mountain ogre is hit for 9 points of damage!
... 15 points of damage!
Nice blow to chest!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

With an intense look of concentration, psionic ripples emanate from your forehead toward a mountain ogre.
CS: +198 - TD: +42 + CvA: +17 + d100: +87 == +260
Warding failed!
The internal skeletal structure of a mountain ogre implodes inward upon itself, leaving behind no support for its body or life. The mountain ogre falls to the ground in a lifeless mass of flesh and fractured bones.
A war mattock falls to the ground.
Some double leather falls to the ground.

I think the last one is a death crit?

Drew2
08-18-2003, 08:07 PM
CS: +198 - TD: +42 + CvA: +17 + d100: +54 == +227
Warding failed!
The mountain ogre shudders with mild convulsions as psionic ripples envelope its body.
The mountain ogre is hit for 6 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Good blow to head!
The mountain ogre falls to the ground and dies.

Yes. That was a death crit. It also leaves nothing to search.

Drew2
08-18-2003, 08:09 PM
You gesture at Carthand.
With an intense look of concentration, psionic ripples emanate fromyour forehad totally enveloping Carthand's being.
CS: +198 - TD: +98 + CvA: +14 + d100: +80 == +194
Warding failed!
Carthand shudders with mild convulsions as psionic ripples envelope his body.
Carthand is hit for 2 points of damage!

VERY weak on players, I guess.

Drew2
08-18-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
CS: +198 - TD: +42 + CvA: +17 + d100: +54 == +227
Warding failed!

Bwahaha! I'm a whale!

Scott
08-18-2003, 09:32 PM
You gesture at Person.
With an intense look of concentration, psionic ripples emanate fromyour forehad totally enveloping Person's being.
CS: +650 - TD: +153 + CvA: +17 + d100: +67 - -5 == +586
Warding failed!
Person shudders with severe convulsions as psionic ripples envelope his body.
Person is crushed for 65 points of damage!
... 55 points of damage!
Right leg collapses as the bones turn to dust!
Person screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!
He is stunned!
... 80 points of damage!
Left leg collapses as the bones turn to dust!

* Person drops dead at your feet!

Taernath
08-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Holy crap.

Maybe with repeated castings the effect lessens, like mana leech... That's probably why you were having trouble killing Carthand and those roltons after you massacred a few ogres.

p.s. Carthand rules.

[Edited on 8/19/03 by Taernath]

Drew2
08-19-2003, 02:13 AM
OHC = World of difference. That's where the problem was.

Drew2
08-19-2003, 02:37 AM
prep 1106
You focus your thoughts while chanting the mystical phrase for Bone Shatter...
Your spell is ready.
>cast sha
You already have a spell readied! You must RELEASE it if you wish to prepare another!
You gesture at a dark shambler.
With an intense look of concentration, psionic ripples emanate from your forehead toward a dark shambler.
CS: +198 - TD: +51 + CvA: +8 + d100: +98 == +253
Warding failed!
The dark shambler shudders with severe convulsions as psionic ripples envelope its body.
The dark shambler is crushed for 65 points of damage!
... 10 points of damage!
Light blow to left leg.

It seems that I have a cap on the damage i can do. I don't know if that cap raises with skill or not, but I can only do 65 damage before the bonus at the end. Anyone else noticing this?

Best cast I've gotten so far:

You gesture at an arctic puma.
With an intense look of concentration, psionic ripples emanate from your forehead toward an arctic puma.
CS: +198 - TD: +45 + CvA: +25 + d100: +91 == +269
Warding failed!
The arctic puma shudders with severe convulsions as psionic ripples envelope his body.
The arctic puma is crushed for 65 points of damage!
... 25 points of damage!
Strong blow to left leg breaks it!
It is knocked to the ground!
... 25 points of damage!
Strong blow to left arm breaks it!

[Edited on 8-19-2003 by Tayre]

Zanagodly
08-19-2003, 07:39 AM
um can it be used as a hunting means against likeage stuff?

Parkbandit
08-19-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Zanagodly
um can it be used as a hunting means against likeage stuff?

Damn.. how dumb are you? Empaths don't hunt!

Drew2
08-19-2003, 11:19 AM
I tried it on a few frozen corpses (45 trains). It works decently, it just takes several casts to kill them (if you don't crit them). I don't think I'm going to like the DS loss of having to do it open handed. I'm either going to have to be spelled to my ears or actually take time to make a script to remove my shield between casts or something.

Trinitis
08-19-2003, 11:23 AM
Well, they are expecting empaths to follow the spell staff idea.

-Adredrin

Snapp
08-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Its capped at 65 initial damage yes, but it does hits after that (sometimes..).

Drew2
08-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Snapp
I don't think that's very fair when I've seen clerics hit a couple hundred with 2 mana...

Taernath
08-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Tayre

Originally posted by Snapp
I don't think that's very fair when I've seen clerics hit a couple hundred with 2 mana...

I think the main difference is clerics are expected to hunt with Smite/Bane, whereas empaths would use bone shatter only on occasion.

Parkbandit
08-20-2003, 01:07 PM
I agree.. bone shatter isn't supposed to be a main hunting spell.

Fabled
09-16-2003, 05:45 PM
Than are empaths expected to sit and wait for victims to be dragged in? Some empaths enjoy hunting, since those of us that do wont be able to swing anymore, and bone shatter isnt supposed to be our main hunting spell, what is?

Some Rogue
09-16-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Fabled
Than are empaths expected to sit and wait for victims to be dragged in?

Yes. If you want to be a hunter, be a warrior or a rogue.

[Edited on 9-16-2003 by Some Rogue]

Kurili
09-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Yes. If you want to be a hunter, be a warrior or a rogue.

I'm sorry, but I think there should be capability for ALL professions to hunt if they choose to. That they may not be the super hunters some are, perhaps may be so. They SHOULD be viable hunters in my opinion.

Acolyte Kurili, who has never played an Empath

Dighn Darkbeam
09-17-2003, 09:15 AM
I see empaths as more semi's than pures in the hunting arena. You set up a creature with Bone Shatter, finish off with your weapon. This isnt supposed to be Mana Disrupt or Smite/Bane.

CrystalTears
09-18-2003, 10:08 AM
I don't see a difference whether I'm open handed, with a weapon, or in guarded or offensive stance.

Guarded with weapon in hand:

You gesture at a hobgoblin.
With an intense look of concentration, psionic ripples emanate from your forehead toward a hobgoblin.
CS: +206 - TD: +9 + CvA: +20 + d100: +7 == +224
Warding failed!
The hobgoblin shudders with severe convulsions as psionic ripples envelope his body.
The hobgoblin is crushed for 65 points of damage!
... 15 points of damage!
Nice blow to left hand!
The hobgoblin crumples to the ground and dies.

Guarded without weapon in hand:

With an intense look of concentration, psionic ripples emanate from your forehead toward a hobgoblin.
CS: +206 - TD: +9 + CvA: +20 + d100: +50 == +267
Warding failed!
The hobgoblin shudders with severe convulsions as psionic ripples envelope her body.
... 20 points of damage!
Good blow to right leg!

Offensive without weapon in hand:

CS: +206 - TD: +9 + CvA: +20 + d100: +41 == +258
Warding failed!
The hobgoblin shudders with severe convulsions as psionic ripples envelope her body.
... 15 points of damage!
Nice blow to back!

Offensive with weapon in hand:

CS: +206 - TD: +9 + CvA: +20 + d100: +36 == +253
Warding failed!
The hobgoblin shudders with severe convulsions as psionic ripples envelope his body.
... 10 points of damage!
Light blow to left leg.

I need to practice on some like level creatures, although my empath never did much hunting anyway.

Edit: Went into Varunar to test it out on rotting corpses (how old are those buggers anyway?).

You gesture at a rotting corpse.
With an intense look of concentration, psionic ripples emanate from your forehead toward a rotting corpse.
CS: +206 - TD: +99 + CvA: +25 + d100: +94 == +226
Warding failed!
The internal skeletal structure of a rotting corpse implodes inward upon itself, leaving behind no support for her body or life. The rotting corpse falls to the ground in a lifeless mass of flesh and fractured bones.

Poof. Although I found out it doesn't work on roa'ters. Yeah I know, duh, they're worms, but I had to try!

[Edited on 9/18/2003 by CrystalTears]

Snapp
09-18-2003, 07:50 PM
<<Yes. If you want to be a hunter, be a warrior or a rogue. >>

I like being a hunting empath.. it provides a type of challenge I enjoy..with a few benefits like healing yourself/team while on the field. By the way, Bone shatter is crap. ;)

StrayRogue
09-19-2003, 12:45 PM
Why not to really test it, try it against something like level? I mean c'mon, even DC looks good on a kobold.

CrystalTears
09-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Well I don't know how old the rotting corpses are, I would say about 35 or so, and since my empath is about 40, I felt that was a pretty good thing to test on. Took about 3-4 times to kill it.

Wezas
09-30-2003, 04:40 PM
Being a town person I can't find much close by to test on. I tried going up to the ledge, but couldn't find any Pookas (very odd) and the mares/steeds have no bones =(.

I did use it numerous times on people. If they're half my age or so it was always an instant kill. If they were about 3/4 my level it still had a decent % kill. Then again it was mostly rangers & rogues, noone with a really high TD.

10-01-2003, 11:32 AM
[[/quote]
I don't think that's very fair when I've seen clerics hit a couple hundred with 2 mana... [/quote]

2 mana?... gesh i wish i could do that with 2 mana ::grins:: the only time we hit a cupple of hundred is with a infusion and it takes me about 10 mana for one of thoes... and ya have to train right to get them

Tendarian
10-01-2003, 11:36 AM
My clerics 302 costs 2 mana but then again im only 13 and fighting snow spectres (9). I always assumed it costed more the higher the critter your fighting.

Miss X
10-01-2003, 11:37 AM
I think its related to deity. My cleric's 302 costs 2 mana on undead and shes algined to Voln. Costs a lot more on living though, and obviously does a lot less damage per cast.
Vx