PDA

View Full Version : Crossbow script

Vorpodu
10-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Is there a simple cock, load and fire script for crossbows in the Lich repository? Seriously trying to skim through all of those in that big list and get info for each is giving me a crazy headache. Appreciate the help.

DaCapn
10-05-2012, 01:16 PM
I hope there isn't. The main reason the repo is so cluttered is because people upload so many crappy one-liners that take literally anyone 10 seconds to write. I'm even talking about the people who say "I can't write scripts" and treat the task as if it's an intrinsic feature of their genetics (like eye color, rather than say... cooking).

If you're looking for something feature-rich and ranged-related, modify "fire." Otherwise, you're asking for a script that calls multifput once and exits. That's fine. It just shouldn't be on the repo.
http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Lich_scripting_reference

Vorpodu
10-06-2012, 10:02 AM
yea honestly ive never really worked with scripts at all and never really tried to learn them. i appreciate the link. now say for intance i wanted to cock my crossbow and go into stance defensive id have to use fput stance d "defensive stance.", right? or something like that but thats how fput is used right?

Whirlin
10-06-2012, 10:18 AM
If you just want to go into stance defensive and cock a crossbow with a single keystroke, you're best bet is just doing a local WFE or Stormfront macro... no need for a script for that.

Vorpodu
10-06-2012, 01:43 PM
thing is cocking a crossbow forces you into offensive with roundtime, so you need it to either wait out the roundtime before putting you into defensive, or keep trying to put you into defensive til it succeeds. consider me both macro and script illiterate. been like 6 years since i played and never needed either before

Dragoon
10-07-2012, 11:11 AM
This is why bows rule over crossbows, although some people keep a few (assuming 1-2) crossbows cocked and loaded on their person.
It's mechanically unable to function as a normal hunting method because of the extra time it takes to cock and load the dang things.

Haste might make a difference, but who wants to waste imbeds on cocking a crossbow?

DaCapn
10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
yea honestly ive never really worked with scripts at all and never really tried to learn them. i appreciate the link. now say for intance i wanted to cock my crossbow and go into stance defensive id have to use fput stance d "defensive stance.", right? or something like that but thats how fput is used right?

You didn't look at the link.

Vorpodu
10-10-2012, 12:55 AM
i did look at the link and figuring out what the commands do is one thing, but there is no indication there of the proper syntax for em or how to order the script so it works. more research is required but i ended up just making a simple string of macros that has made my life infinately easier with crossbow hunting. and it works just fine, 6 seconds total rt while aiming. im a bard so hand of tonis with the proper air ranks will be 2 seconds total rt, when i get there. and the one good thing is that there is no law that says you have to cock and fire, you can just cock and load and wait in stance defensive. so you split it up.

DaCapn
10-10-2012, 08:42 AM
i did look at the link and figuring out what the commands do is one thing, but there is no indication there of the proper syntax for em or how to order the script so it works. more research is required but i ended up just making a simple string of macros that has made my life infinately easier with crossbow hunting. and it works just fine, 6 seconds total rt while aiming. im a bard so hand of tonis with the proper air ranks will be 2 seconds total rt, when i get there. and the one good thing is that there is no law that says you have to cock and fire, you can just cock and load and wait in stance defensive. so you split it up.

The entire page is pretty much devoted to examples of syntax.

How to order the commands? I suppose I don't understand. If you know what order to type them manually, or how to make a macro for it, you know how to order the commands.