PDA

View Full Version : Gathering Arrow Question

SoulSeer
09-29-2012, 10:11 PM
If you're group hunting with other archers, is there an easy way to gather only your arrows by macro? Could you use the full description of your arrow? It seems when I raid warcamps with other archers I go through 50-75 arrows.

SayGoodbye
09-29-2012, 11:06 PM
You just need to figure out what the qualifier is for your arrow. For example, if you have black faewood arrows it could be "gather faewood arrow" or "gather black arrow" depending on how they're made and such. It would be simple to make a gather alias to specify your particular arrow type. One issue you might keep in mind is the other archers may be gathering your arrows as well.

Dragoon
09-29-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm pretty sure you know this, but you can change the look of your arrows by FLIPping them.
I think there's around 12 or something ways the arrow can be arranged. It's quite amazing how many possible combinations there are with fletching to make a unique arrow, with all the paints, banding, fletchings, woods, and arrowheads that can be added.

If you don't want to bother with flipping them, just add a steel arrowhead, it doesn't change the enchant of a master fletched Faewood arrow, it just changes the look of the arrow. Also, with an arrowhead you lose the 'so and so arrow fletched this color feather'.

The last piece of advice, banding the arrow is (in my opinion) the easiest way to distinguish your arrows from other arrows. But again this involves the flip verb for fletching, right before you cut, or drill the shaft.

EDIT
Another idea I had, since you mentioned warcamping, is to ask what kind of arrows the other archer(s) are using arrow wise. If you are the eblading type, use plain wooden arrows. If you both are eblading bundles, use whalebone arrows instead of wooden ones.

RangerRoy
10-15-2012, 05:40 PM
thanks for the advice, I had the same question!