PDA

View Full Version : 10x robes - SWCP

nichelas
09-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Moving this to a combined 10x thread.

NOTE - It appears these are actually reinforced leather that go under the noun of robes - apologies for the title confusion

Continuing the cleanse. If you want to meet IG to inspect, I am around most nights and can meet during the day.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the vaalin threaded robes in your hand, and you learn something about it...

The first thing that strikes you about the robes is the weight, which is about 8 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 7,850,000 silvers.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the vaalin threaded robes in your hand...

It has a bonus of +50 from a normal robes, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it is soft leather armor. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the vaalin threaded robes in your hand...

The harmonics generated tell you that the robes serves to reduce the severity of inflicted wounds.

You assess the robes for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the vaalin threaded robes has a base strength of 10 and a base durability of 230. You also determine the current integrity of the vaalin threaded robes to be at 100.0%.

Examining the robes closely, it looks like it is somewhat padded against critical blows.

You analyze your vaalin threaded robes and sense that the item is free from merchant alteration restrictions.

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the vaalin threaded robes for you.

Renaden
09-21-2012, 11:55 AM
It has a bonus of +50 from a normal robes, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it is soft leather armor. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.

Wait what?

neimanz1
09-21-2012, 12:15 PM
yea robes shouldn't be soft leather. it would have be cloth armor i think

MMA RLZ
09-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Got some splaining to dooooooooooo

nichelas
09-21-2012, 02:22 PM
So.... the inspect makes this even weirder.

Your careful inspection of some vaalin threaded robes allows you to conclude that it is soft leather armor that covers the torso, arms, and legs.

You determine that you could wear the robes around your chest. The robes appears to serve some purpose.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of cloth.

Contradiction much?

Elgrim
09-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Not the first set of leather that has been altered into robes.

Jeril
09-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Just a little bit, obviously some reinforced leathers that were altered years ago before any rules about that were made.

Kronius
Reinforced leather thats made out of cloth. Weird.

Suppressed Poet
I'm sure you already thought of this but I would do an assist in-game.

If you don't want to do that, a math wiz can find out which one it actualy is by someone taking a few hits (preferbly a character without redux).

Good luck and it is a nice set no matter which way it falls.

Archigeek
09-21-2012, 02:42 PM
For this purpose, redux doesn't matter. Just look at the Avd or CvA and you should be able to tell. I would say that there's about a 99% chance that since it inspects as leather armor, it is leather armor. In this case "robes" is just a noun.

There are a lot of funny sets of robes out there. When the assess verb first came out, a lot of people went through their lockers and I assessed a ton of armor for them. One of the strangest ones I assessed was a 6x db cloak that was called robes... and was heavily crit padded. Yes, it was worn in the cloak spot, and in the game of the day, it wasn't believed that the HCP applied, (though the db aspect did). Who knows if it would today.

This game is crazy old, and there is some stuff out there today that just seems weird to us, but when it was made, it might have been the only way to do it. Back before I played, you had a limit of 20 items on your person, and even 16 years ago, such strange things as cloaks that held stuff and imbedible jewelry were not common.

Suppressed Poet
09-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Good point. I was thinking you would have to go by the damage factor and crit divisor, and forgot all about the AvD. That is much easier.

I would think now that monks have been introduced, if they do turn out to be robes the demand would increase substantially.

nichelas
09-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Careful examination indicates the vaalin threaded robes has a base strength of 10 and a base durability of 230.

Seems like some of the underlying metrics are in line with robes -

http://www.play.net/gs4/info/armory/armornone.asp#robes

DaCapn
09-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Did you try having someone swing at you while you're wearing it? AvD is probably the most certain way.

nichelas
09-22-2012, 08:50 PM
AvD with the robes seems to be consistent with reinforced leather. So, 1+1=2 and these are likely reinforced leathers.

Drew
09-23-2012, 12:56 AM
That's actually more valuable. At least before the time of armor concealers for certain.