PDA

View Full Version : What was your best moment in gemstone?

Solkern
08-18-2003, 03:45 AM
I've had quite a few I could list, but i'd like to hear a few good funny/bad whatever stories you all have

Artha
08-18-2003, 03:58 AM
I'd say recently it was having one of my characters chosen to be in a quest by a GM.

Bobmuhthol
08-18-2003, 10:03 AM
My best moment in GemStone was when I became an empath.

>
Oddeye just arrived.
>
Oddeye asks, "any empaths?"
>
Oddeye just went east.
>

[Leaving rest mode.]

l
[Town Square, Garden Niche]
This small niche between two buildings has been neatly landscaped into a tiny garden, its careful mosaic of flagstones interspersed with patches of trimmed grass. A low stone bench rests along one vine-covered wall, and a patch of colorful violets surrounds a painted wooden barrel in one corner.
Obvious paths: east
>inf
Name: Bob'sNewCharacter Race: Dark Elf Profession: Rogue (shown as: Rogue)

Hips
08-18-2003, 10:42 AM
I think mine was when Whirlin FINALLY proposed to Michiko (it took him a good year or so). He's not the kind of guy to make big speeches (IG or OOG) but he had obviously really thought over what he was going to say, and it was truly heartfelt.

I only wish I had saved a log of it. :mad:

Our wedding was so-so... we had to find a cleric last-minute because ours left the land for a period of time and never told us, so we were a little rushed to find someone else. We made a few mistakes, but nothing big enough to be noticable to those in the 'audience' ... but it still irritated me. *shrug*

Adhara
08-18-2003, 10:45 AM
My best moment was when Adhara was level 8ish or something. My wizard friend and I were on our way to kill stuff in Solhaven (which was pretty new at the time).

So we're looking for darkwoodes I think it was then WHAM, a fenghai walks in and totally destroys me. Wizard runs one room and starts yelling to the fenghai about saving the honor of the lady and avenging me and all that. Then he walks in and brandishes his sword with a warcry...... quickly followed by his body making a very wet SPLAT! Even dead he kept threatening and challenging the fenghai. It was totally hilarious. I think we decayed but the time dead at the fenghai's feet was the most fun I have ever had in the game.

Said wizard ended up proposing to Adhara when she turned 20.

Trinitis
08-18-2003, 11:17 AM
I think the best time I've ever had in GS, was a few years back, when the Brigandians (I think thats how its spelt) attacked. We had a chance to give landing (and its defenders) a way of knowing when they would attack, how they would attack, and the best form of defense. But since we (myself and a good friend IRL) where both only level 8 or 9, everyone just ignored us. So when the White and Black mage (that where their names!) came back asking us for our help in getting past the defenders in landing, we sold our info to them, insted. Thats why the attack was so strong from the coast, we told them Landing would guard to the south, not to the west. Thats how we got our first good ammount of silver too, they paid us well.

Ahh, the days of Trapi and I running around, dodging the blades of the defenders, and watching the warlards *snap* into the room, murder everyone, smile and shake our hands, then *snap* out. It was so much fun.

-Adredrin

Dighn Darkbeam
08-18-2003, 01:46 PM
One of my favorite times I have had in Gemstone was when a Giantman brought his newly acquired Sylvan slave into the Common's circle and began to RP the situation. Dighn was quick to jump in, looking the slave over for possible defects or flaws, giving detailed instructions for proper handling and discipline, ect. The Giantman ended up having to run an errand and left the slave in my charge. Needless to say the whole situation was excellent, one I will never forget.

Another was when I first introduced my character to the Tower. After the Telling session I met with Lochraven and Gahread to discuss my situation and a possible place within the Tower. I was simply amazed how much I learned from the exchange and the range of emotions I was able to express through Dighn with the help of the members of the Obsidian Council. That interaction and the several that followed are the defining moments in the whole of my Gemstone experience.

Kris na Su'ta

Betheny
08-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Favorite moment. Hmm.

When I found the Griffin Sword pommel, and the weeks that followed. Especially, when the Luukosian wraith watching me got to kick some ass, and then when I gave the pommel to the Mularosian guy and the wraith was bound to me.

Ilvane
08-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Mine was when I felt a tingling on Ilvane's neck where her tattoo was, and the people around me saw it sparkle. We wandered over to Ronan's altar where we prayed and Ronan came around and marked Ilvane with a comet tattoo. It was the most amazing thing I have experienced as a player. I just remember feeling that all the rp I had done with Ilvane had been validated in that short moment. (And I got to share it with Arimantis, which was even better).

A close second was meeting the dreamwalker and being a part of an incredible ceremony for Ronan, which created the guardians in Illistim.

-A

Edited because I can't spell! :bouncy:

[Edited on 8-18-2003 by Ilvane]

Neildo
08-18-2003, 08:30 PM
One of my craziest moments was around 6 years ago when I encountered a doppleganger that changed shape into everything from a familiar, to a fireplace in the room that kept whistling, to various critters like a roa'ter or sand devil, to a shadow, to a chicken, even into various players. It caused so much confusion having people casting at themselves and others, lol. Then the GM would kill me and raise me over and over and Setzier would RP me doing tricks of playing dead. Eventually my soul got lost in the Rift (before the Rift was made) which was fake messaging. Buildings got turned into weird things, lots of illusions were created, we had dancing and smiling mice familiars, shrubbery that attacked various people. It was just all sorts of hilarious craziness! I still have that logged somewhere too.

- N

Vesi
08-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Neildo
One of my craziest moments was around 6 years ago when I encountered a doppleganger that changed shape into everything from a familiar, to a fireplace in the room that kept whistling, to various critters like a roa'ter or sand devil, to a shadow, to a chicken, even into various players. It caused so much confusion having people casting at themselves and others, lol. Then the GM would kill me and raise me over and over and Setzier would RP me doing tricks of playing dead. Eventually my soul got lost in the Rift (before the Rift was made) which was fake messaging. Buildings got turned into weird things, lots of illusions were created, we had dancing and smiling mice familiars, shrubbery that attacked various people. It was just all sorts of hilarious craziness! I still have that logged somewhere too.

- N

You sure you didn't drop some really good acid that day?:P Seriously, sounds like lots of fun.

I have lots of things that stand out, however the best moments I've had was when I took people to new areas and told them the stories about where we were. I did this a lot with the Wolves Den. Would take them into the workshop and tell them the story of the Black Wolves. Then we would go on a tour and there would be messaging that related to what I had told them. (not to mention all the evidence) Made it a spooky adventure for some. Also, a nice place to hunt wraiths and spirits instead of competing with all the swarms of folks at the old Abandoned Inn.

Vesi

Solkern
08-18-2003, 10:31 PM
My defining moment I have two actually, first was when I was sitting at the merchant, and i was pissed cause i was sitting there the longest. and i kept harassing the merchant that his damn dagger wont pick me, so after about 6 or 7 selections, I was like damnit merchant, your dagger is going to pick me this time...or i'm going to kill you (joking around)
and his dagger ended up picking me, and everyone about20-30 people laughed and started saying rigged, the merchant was like oh god..what have i done..he was like maybe is hould just spin it again, that was a great time..got one of my best alters there.
Another time, was when I just titled Solkern, and Jenisi showed up..for about 5 mins she didnt relize i titled, and she started screaming saying I can't believe you titled, later that day, i dragged her to TSC and pruposed to her infron of about 30-40 people who all cheered and congrated us..that was probally my best time in gs

GS4Gurl
08-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Solkern
My defining moment I have two actually, first was when I was sitting at the merchant, and i was pissed cause i was sitting there the longest. and i kept harassing the merchant that his damn dagger wont pick me, so after about 6 or 7 selections, I was like damnit merchant, your dagger is going to pick me this time...or i'm going to kill you (joking around)
and his dagger ended up picking me, and everyone about20-30 people laughed and started saying rigged, the merchant was like oh god..what have i done..he was like maybe is hould just spin it again, that was a great time..got one of my best alters there.
Another time, was when I just titled Solkern, and Jenisi showed up..for about 5 mins she didnt relize i titled, and she started screaming saying I can't believe you titled, later that day, i dragged her to TSC and pruposed to her infron of about 30-40 people who all cheered and congrated us..that was probally my best time in gs

Awww.

Hey that reminds me of when Burzmalli came into a merchant and was being his usual punkass self harrassing people and the merchant. He said something like that dagger will pick me cus Im godly ... or something lame like that. And the next spin it landed on him! The reactions in the room was priceless and the GM was like O GOD NOOO! Anybody but him. It was funny.

Solkern
08-19-2003, 05:35 PM
yeah that was what it was like for me, great times

Drew2
08-19-2003, 05:39 PM
Best time: Tayre being engaged to Kasia. There's no specific moment, it was all just always fun.

Worst time: Being divorced from Kasia. That was horrible.

[Edited on 8-19-2003 by Tayre]

Haashek
08-20-2003, 07:40 PM
I have 3 special moments that I will never forget when I was in Elanthia

#1 When I got adopted by Great Lady Maeghlin my Mom
She was stern but so caring. I appreciated her. Then she married my Dad High Lord Was who I cant put into words he's the best Dad I could ever want. We hunted together and everytime I had an outstanding time even when I died. :grin:

#2 The Day I got married. Ophe means the world to me and I am so glad we to this day stay in contact. Ophe I miss you my love.

#3 My God Parents who adopted me when my Mom retired and my Dad took a sabbatical. High Lady Berylla And High Lord Yagnuts. I so appreciate them they have incredible integrity and their kindness to me I cant put into words.. Bery & Yags I cant say thank you enough for your help and love.

Parkbandit
08-21-2003, 08:39 AM
My happiest day was logging into the game knowing I wouldn't hear "HUGGSIES TO ALL MY SUPER KIDS AND GRANDKIDS!" from a Giantman warrior who knows nothing about hunting.

Thank you Haashek.

CrystalTears
08-21-2003, 08:44 AM
Being married to Braxus. <nodsnods>

Weedmage Princess
08-21-2003, 09:05 AM
Most of my time spent on Teras Isle with my ranger in Prime. I couldn't pick just "one" particular incident.

SpunGirl
08-21-2003, 01:58 PM
The night before the final Thurfel event was probably the best time I had, sitting behind my computer and laughing. We had all been in the Elven Nations because of the Griffin Sword stuff, so we all traveled back to Icemule together, and decided to cause trouble. It was myself, Dalboz, Sepher, Angelrise, Sheka, Marclar, and I think Nevik who gathered up handfuls of snowballs on the snowfield and basically went and rapid-fire bombed a few people (like Iscikella and Eugenides). Immature and stupid, I know, but we had a really good time. We kept screaming "Evil takes a holiday!" Maybe you had to be there.

My best GS time, out of game, was when I had a really tough time at the beginning of this year. Some people realized my mood was off, and I realized the some of the GS people I know are actually honest-to-god FRIENDS whom I could talk to about the things that were happening. Who'd have thought?

-K

[Edited on 8-21-2003 by SpunGirl]

AnticorRifling
08-21-2003, 07:00 PM
Getting Anticor to lvl 20, my first character, was a big one. Hanging out in the niche I had tons of good times no specific one comes to mind as great. First time in Darkstone was real cool too. That's one thing I like about the game is there is so much to explore.

AnticorRifling
08-21-2003, 07:01 PM
Ohh yeah first time I went to Darkstone I was with my friend Celember, we went into the maiden room and he got in the maiden trying to see if it did anything, well after ten maybe twelve seconds I got bored and wondered if closing it would help. He died and I started laughing. I opened the thing up and out slid his body full of puncture wounds :cool: