PDA

View Full Version : Rosh HaShanah is observed

tamditea
09-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Rosh HaShanah is observed on the first two days of Tishrei. Jewish tradition teaches that during the High Holy Days God decides who will live and who will die during the coming year. As a result, during Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur (and in the days leading up to them) Jews embark upon the serious task of examining their lives and repenting for any wrongs they have committed during the previous year.

____

Liagala
09-17-2012, 04:22 PM
during Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur (and in the days leading up to them) Jews embark upon the serious task of examining their lives and repenting for any wrongs they have committed during the previous year.
This is one thing that is in just about every religion, and it's always bugged me. "Oh hey, Day X is approaching, maybe I should feel bad for the things I've done wrong and try to make up for it." No, don't bother thinking about it when you do the wrong things (or even ::gasp:: before) just wait until the day you're supposed to think about your immortal soul and then start repenting REALLY HARD to make God happy.

AnticorRifling
09-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Banned with the message sent as "Spam...Kosher Spam".

Asile
09-17-2012, 08:22 PM
My synagogue did me a grave disservice. Never once during the High Holy Days did we discuss anyone's plans for who would live and who would die during the coming year. Dammit.

I think I need some bacon now.

jpatter123
09-17-2012, 10:08 PM
My synagogue did me a grave disservice. Never once during the High Holy Days did we discuss anyone's plans for who would live and who would die during the coming year. Dammit.

I think I need some bacon now.

Next you are going to say you didn't eat small children either. What's happening with my fellow Jews these days. I mean seriously, pretty soon we are just going to be a religion instead of a cult. Get to work on that.

msconstrew
09-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Next you are going to say you didn't eat small children either. What's happening with my fellow Jews these days. I mean seriously, pretty soon we are just going to be a religion instead of a cult. Get to work on that.

I ate four slices of bacon in honor of the new year. It was glorious.

Androidpk
09-17-2012, 10:20 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/wrrs.jpg