PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana cures prostate cancer

Tgo01
09-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Proof. (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tommy-chong-prostate-cancer-cheech-337112)

A longtime proponent of medicinal marijuana, the 74-year-old comic says he is using hemp oil to treat stage 1 cancer.

Tommy Chong is battling prostate cancer the best way he knows how: with hemp oil.

The veteran comic, 74, said he was diagnosed last month but first noticed symptoms during his 2003-04 incarceration in California for selling pot paraphernalia. He described the cancer as a slow stage 1.

A longtime supporter of medicinal marijuana, Chong was giving an interview about the health benefits of pot when he revealed his illness. “I’ve got prostate cancer, and I’m treating it with hemp oil, with cannabis,” he told CNN’s Don Lemon. “So [legalizing marijuana] means a lot more to me than just being able to smoke a joint without being arrested.”

Chong told the cable news network he quit smoking marijuana last year “for health reasons” but is using hemp oil to treat the disease. “[I take it] at night, so I won’t be woozy all day,” he said. “I’m taking it as a medicine.”

Parkbandit
09-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Now here is a well thought out study that should trump all the studies that say smoking pot is bad for your health. I'm going to now take a bath in hemp oil and become immortal.

subzero
09-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Now here is a well thought out study that should trump all the studies that say smoking pot is bad for your health.

Ok, so smoking is bad for your health. I don't think it really matters what it is you're burning up and inhaling. I want to hear about the health effects of taking marijuana via vaporizer or edible strips.

SHAFT
09-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Ok, so smoking is bad for your health. I don't think it really matters what it is you're burning up and inhaling. I want to hear about the health effects of taking marijuana via vaporizer or edible strips.

Using a vaporizer is definitely healthier than smoking a joint, blunt, or water pipe. I don't have a bunch of stats or figures to throw at ya, but if you can use a vaporizer over any other smoking methods I recommend it. You're not actually burning the substance, no smoke. Not only that, but when the substance is completely vaporized there is a little THC left. You can roll it, pack it, cook with it, whatever you want to do.

If you're interested in weed and you want to be healthy, go with a vape.

Androidpk
09-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't really recommend smoking vapo poo (tm) but I would definitely cook with it. And there is a surprising amount of THC left over after vapoing. I made a batch of brownies once with this vapo poo and they came out pretty fucking potent.

SHAFT
09-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah I know some people that roll it up afterwards. I've heard the baking is good too