PDA

View Full Version : Shaq trade completed

Soulpieced
07-14-2004, 03:36 PM
The Diesel is now on the Heat. He was traded for Odom, Butler, Grant, and a future 1st rounder.

Dwyane Wade + Shaq = NBA Championship

DeV
07-14-2004, 03:44 PM
It's going to be weird seeing him in anything other than a Lakers uniform.

Atlanteax
07-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
The Diesel is now on the Heat. He was traded for Odom, Butler, Grant, and a future 1st rounder.

Dwyane Wade + Shaq = NBA Championship

Not against Detroit if it resigns Rasheed Wallace.

As the Heat are trading away "good players" for Shaq...

... they effectively dilute their support cast to the point that the Heat with Shaq + Wade is inferior to last years' Lakers.

Granted there won't be any ball-hogging Kobe... but if the Pistons can shut down everyone but Shaq... they'll beat the Heat.

Latrinsorm
07-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Diesel is Kevin Nash's gimmick.

Jonty
07-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by DarkelfVold
It's going to be weird seeing him in anything other than a Lakers uniform.

Did you see his house on Cribs? He has to redo his whole freakin' house now. :lol:

Blazing247
07-15-2004, 01:16 AM
Shaq is injury prone. Him and Dwyane should be able to do some damage, but they got rid of the entire supporting cast to get him.

longshot
07-15-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Jonty

Did you see his house on Cribs? He has to redo his whole freakin' house now. :lol:

His house went on the market as soon as Phil Jackson was forced out, erm... I mean quit.

This year could be the best ever for the NBA.

You have all the great players on title contending teams... and ANGRY SHAQ in the East. Just awesome!

Kobe Bryant is the biggest bitch ever.

Weedmage Princess
07-15-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by longshot

:::gazes at Longshot with a new-found respect::: :loveu:

SnatchWrangler
07-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by longshot

You have all the great players on title contending teams... and ANGRY SHAQ in the East. Just awesome!

Read this...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/take/040714

I can't stand fat Shaq, but I have a new found respect for him. I also think he's going to have a monster year.

Also, fuck Bruce Rattner. I hope he dies in a fiery car accident. Actually, I hope he gets doused with gasoline and at set on fire while driving, then gets in a car accident, then is shot at as he runs from the flaming wreckage. What scum. So the Nets will now be a lame duck for the next three seasons until they move to Brooklyn. This very well may ruin NBA basketball for me.

Heathen
07-20-2004, 02:07 AM
kobe is my god, i worship him.

shaq going to the heat was the best thing that ever happened to LA, i must say i HATED vlade divak, i used to call him floppy divak, but now that he's on my team, FUCK YA, take those flops, i love it.

We got a center in the middle that has power, which rocks.

Kobe isn't the bitch, Shaq is.

Think about it, Shaq couldn't take it that is was Kobe's team, so he wanted to be traded

Galleazzo
07-20-2004, 05:12 AM
Funny thing is maybe Shaq's the guy with the most physical gifts in the NBA who never really dominated the way he oughta have.

If Bill Russell could do the things Shaq could Russell would've been the greatest player in any sport ever.

SnatchWrangler
07-20-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Heathen
kobe is my god, i worship him

Kobe isn't the bitch, Shaq is.

Think about it, Shaq couldn't take it that is was Kobe's team, so he wanted to be traded

ROFL.

Check out the Lakers record with Kobe, when Shaq was out with injuries. Now check out their record when Shaq was playing, and Kobe was out.

It was Shaq's team, Kobe just played on it. And the Hollywood fans identified with the pretty boy, instead of the most dominant player in NBA history.

The Lakers are going to be miserable next season. Right now their starting lineup is Kobe, Odom, G-Pay, Jason Priestly, and a jar of mayonaisse. Shaq could take a team to the finals with Brandon and the jar of mayo, let's see how Kobe does with it.

And for the record, I hate Shaq.

Weedmage Princess
07-20-2004, 11:26 AM
:yeahthat:

Please don't allow your love for Princess Kobe to make you jaded to the facts. Kobe isn't capable of carrying that team on his back, like Snatch Wrangler said, this was proven just about every time Shaq was out with an injury. Kobe has managed to make people think he's the new Michael Jordan but he really isn't. Jerry Buss is a fool for believing Kobe can carry that team by himself to another championship...and I'm sorry, Vlade should be receiving his social security check by now. All he can do at this stage is pass the friggin ball. No rebounding, no nothing. Think about this: If he [Vlade] couldn't get it done in Sacramento with Webber, Peja and Mike Bibby, what makes you think he can get it done with ONLY Kobe? :lol:

I'm looking forward to the horror that will be the Lakers' season this year. C'mon B-ball season!!

[Edited on 7-20-2004 by Weedmage Princess]