PDA

View Full Version : How many relationships has your character had?

Adhara
08-17-2003, 06:45 PM
I hear about a lot of people through friends, I hear about my own friends, and it has made me curious now. Relationships in gemstone for the most part seem to last only a few weeks and what I find even more worrying is how they end so abruptly. I have seen countless "well you were gone for a while so I got another man" and many other alarmingly careless remarks.

So I invite you to share the rough amount of relationships your character(s) has had, how long they've lasted and if they ended in a typical gemstone way.

I'll start. I suppose it's only fair. Adhara has officially dated 3 men over the span of 5 years. First relationship lasted many months (like 7?) and ended with the man leaving the lands. We remained friends. Second relationship lasted about 2 years? I didn't keep count. Also left the lands and we are still friends. Third man lasted over a year, break up was peaceful, he still plays his other character and we are still friends.

Your turn!

Alixi
08-17-2003, 07:04 PM
Alixi's had a few. One with Laranna's RL husband (before they got together) which ended nicely, one with a jester, who I later found out was a GM (things got a little strange for him RL and he had to leave the game altogether) and she's currently in a relationship now - the first time that she's actually been "engaged".

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-17-2003, 07:17 PM
just one, Alarica.

Edited to add this

For the past 7 years now Tayvin has been married to her. I met the player behind Alarica once too, about 5 years ago.

[Edited on 8-17-2003 by Suppa Hobbit Mage]

peam
08-17-2003, 07:21 PM
I don't do in-game relationships.

Edaarin
08-17-2003, 07:32 PM
4. Jenisi, Celeina, Dresdena, Cyndiara. The last two I listed I'd like to forget ever happened (I think I was 13 or 14 when my sorc was with Dresdena, and Cyndiara was a nut case).

Betheny
08-17-2003, 07:35 PM
3. maybe 4.

Adhara
08-17-2003, 08:18 PM
*blink* how in the world did my post get duplicated? Gah sorry everyone no clue what happened.

Adhara
08-17-2003, 08:19 PM
weird now after posting this the dupe is gone. Eesh... maybe I should sleep more than 3 hours a night.

imported_Kranar
08-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Dupe's are a bug, don't worry about it because no one else will see it except for you. Closing your browser and revisiting us fixes it.

Oh, and I only ever had 1 relationship that lasted 4 years, and then I quit the game.

Weedmage Princess
08-17-2003, 08:27 PM
I don't recall exactly how many...I'm sure it's been quite a few simply because my character's "personality" was the sort to always be around someone...I didn't like hunting alone, etc. I enjoyed having someone to shoot the breeze with.

As far as how easily Gem relationships begin and end...hmm, I guess I'm somewhat guilty. I never bothered to put as much effort into a relationship my character had as I would put into a relationship *I* was actually having. The two (IG adn RL) for the most part stood separate so I didn't care as much about the IG stuff..heh.

CrystalTears
08-17-2003, 08:44 PM
My rogue only had three serious relationships.

The first relationship they had a private marital ceremony and it lasted for about 2 years and he then left the game due to school and moving on. We're still friends and we talk on occasion.

Second relationship was a GM wedding and that lasted for about a year. When he realized that I wasn't willing to turn it into a real relationship it ended. We ran into each other a few months ago and became friends again.

Third relationship was another GM wedding and that lasted for over 2 years and it was my favorite relationship. We had a good time,along great, he had his own RL relationship, I had mine and it was always understood that life came first over the game. We didn't demand anything from each other in game other than fun. Once I found that I couldn't devote much if any time to the game and he found himself alone most of the time, we realized it was better if we broke up. We're still excellent friends.

That's all I ever wanted from a game relationship if I were to have one. Relationships are hard enough as it is. I have a real one that I'm very happy with and I don't really find having to create and build a fantasitical relationship in a game very satisfying since most people want to make it as real as possible. I don't need the jealousy and controlling issues in a game that I'm trying to have a good time in. Once they start demanding things from me, or expecting me to do certain things or be there at certain times, then the fun is gone and I won't want to be a part of it anymore.

[Edited on 8/18/2003 by CrystalTears]

Hips
08-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Just one, with Whirly... which has lasted around a year and seven months or so. :saint:

Then again, he tends to blow up/sleep anyone else that Michi is even vaguely interested in... *eyeroll*

Artha
08-17-2003, 10:55 PM
One, because he's not a whore.

CrystalTears
08-17-2003, 11:11 PM
Heh, so does that mean if you have two relationships you're a whore? That was just a strange statement to make.

08-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Klaive, over 6 years, has been with only 4 women. I dunno where the idea that he was some mangina-having he-slut came from, but he isn't.

He was with Crimsana for FIVE YEARS!

They broke up because her player and I broke up IRL. No IC justification. Still friends.

He was with Zadya almost a year I guess.

They broke up because her player and I broke up IRL. No IC justification. Broke up badly, no longer communicate. The RP is that Klaive doesn't remember her at all.

He was with Raeyanii maybe 3-4 months. They broke up because her player moved in with me and we no longer felt forced to keep them together since they clashed so much in game.

He is with his new woman and they're going on a full month soon. But this relationship is strictly IC and extremely fulfilling in all the ways that a text-based relationship should be. It's perfect for me, perfect for her, very convenient and gives us both lots of drive to play without complicating our real lives or giving us obligations to be on at any certain time or whatever.

I project that she will be Klaive's girl until he's deleted.

- --[ Darien ]-- -

CrystalTears
08-17-2003, 11:55 PM
I don't know, but if I was with someone who had real relationships with all his in game relationships, I would be a little worried. :D

AnticorRifling
08-17-2003, 11:56 PM
None. I've got friends in the game that's all I want there. Over three years I can count maybe four I would have considered making relationships out of but I never pursued them because I didn't feel I could that kind of time into it and it would be unfair the the others involved. As it turned out now that I think about it all four were female, giant, casters(either sorcereress or wizardess) never thought about that til just now.

[Edited on 8-18-2003 by AnticorRifling]

Artha
08-18-2003, 12:55 AM
Yes, two relationships makes you a whore.

(Both posts were facetious, btw)

SpunGirl
08-18-2003, 01:00 AM
I try really hard to keep my in-game relationships RP based and have justification for relationships/breakups in-game.

The only thing I had a hard time with was the one person who broke up with my character very dramatically in-game, and who I was somewhat attatched to out of game. It's sort of weird when you don't understand why this person you really like doesn't want his character to RP with your character anymore.

I think my girl has been in like... two serious relationships. She almost got married once, but that was a big continuing storyline set-up that we all (we all being my character and her fiancee) knew how it was going to end.

-K

Solkern
08-18-2003, 01:47 AM
Lets see relationships IG.....There was my best one with Jesica , then came taralynia (i think that how ya spell it), then came jacintha, after that was emislity, then there was lynnsay, and the last was jenisi and thats me in 6+ years in gs

Drew2
08-18-2003, 01:48 AM
Snowbyrd, Alyxandrah, Amberllynn, Kasia, Chica (2 days, doesn't really count).

SpunGirl
08-18-2003, 02:38 AM
Chica is so cute! She's always trying to rescue my lil halfling from slavery.

-K

Kriztian
08-18-2003, 03:22 AM
Tatiyanna. I don't think there will be another. Since '97.

08-18-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Solkern
Lets see relationships IG.....There was my best one with Jesica , then came taralynia (i think that how ya spell it), then came jacintha, after that was emislity, then there was lynnsay, and the last was jenisi and thats me in 6+ years in gs

What ever happened to Jesica? She's Klaive's daughter.

She had told me her AIM, but I crashed my scooter and lost memory.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Lord Whirlin
08-18-2003, 03:41 AM
I only had maybe 2 real dating relationships in Elanthia before Michiko came around... Even then, the more I think about it, it was really only 1... Ohh well, whats done is done.

Solkern
08-18-2003, 03:43 AM
I havent talked to Jesica in a LONG time....last time i remembered her AIM was page311 and bjohn311 but she hasnt been on for awhile, jesica if ya happen to read this hope your doing well, and i wish ya the best hon

Betheny
08-18-2003, 04:54 AM
I wonder what Emislity's answer would be.

I'm guaging near three digits.

Sweets
08-18-2003, 06:38 AM
Ingame relationships? Let's see..........Two I believe. One was in my first year of playing. It went beyond the game and freaked me out a bit. That ended rather badly. I would not go into ingame relations for quite sometime. The last one was more rp. Ended well ooc if not ic. (I do love dramatics).

Both lasted quite a few months but ingame s/o's don't seem to stick with me. I hardly get the chance to play anymore and can't seem to stick with one character. I am a rerolling junkie.

Bobmuhthol
08-18-2003, 06:44 AM
My character has had no relationships. The player has had no relationships. We're both very, very excited about that information. And we both hope you all die.

Bestatte
08-18-2003, 08:00 AM
Lessee. Jasminepetal had one relationship - Boraman.

Bestatte had many "trysts" but only a very few actual relationships. Her first was Armentaro, a very heartwrenching love affair that lasted until something happened that I never really did understand. Her second was a certain human sorcerer, whose name I promised I'd never discuss in a public forum - that started during the Armentaro thing, discretely, and continued throughout Bestatte's existence. I imagine that virtually, Bestatte and the sorcerer still meet up once in awhile - since I didn't have her killed off and I doubt his player did that with his character either.

The third was Avantos, and our characters actually had a wedding (GM, extra-charge). They broke up when his player got serious with another character's player in real life, and decided - abruptly - that Avantos and Bestatte were no longer married, with no RPing out a breakup, no explanation to my character that there ever WAS a breakup, and that his character would just suddenly be with this other chick's character with absolutely no RP of the situation. We got into a heated arguement about that in IM because it just left Bestatte hanging and I couldn't figure out how to RP it, because Avantos' player refused to RP it.

One day our characters were returning from their honeymoon, the next day he was no longer wearing those "special" wedding armbands and was proclaiming his love for the other chick. <shrugs>

So much for a $100 GM wedding huh? It was a nice one too.

Hips
08-18-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
My character has had no relationships. The player has had no relationships. We're both very, very excited about that information. And we both hope you all die.

You keep on offering Michi milllions of silver to marry you... first it was 10, then it was 15, who knows what it's up to now...? :smilegrin:

Bobmuhthol
08-18-2003, 05:25 PM
<<You keep on offering Michi milllions of silver to marry you... first it was 10, then it was 15, who knows what it's up to now...?>>

32,000,000 silver.

Hips
08-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Hmmmm... :saint:

Scott
08-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Whirlin isn't worth 32m.....

GS4Gurl
08-18-2003, 06:53 PM
I had one character who was a total flirt, slut, stuck up bitch. Mwuahaha. She actually was a mean rumor spreading troublemaker. And then another one who was the total opposite nicety nice goodygoody who wouldnt be in any relationships at all after her first one.

Neildo
08-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Ugh, man, horrible flashbacks. Lots of drama and over 60 mill wasted during all these. The middle period was the worst. Let's see, I was first with Debia which was nice, then Whyssper which was best, then Onyxflame which was a money pit and lots of drama, then Whistfylle which was even worse on the drama side, then Cliche which was good, and lastly Tirayana which was nice as well. And that doesn't even include all the ungodly amounts of flirting and trouble I've caused with others.

Yes, I was a slut of a halfling. :(

- N

SpunGirl
08-18-2003, 10:39 PM
<<You keep on offering Michi milllions of silver to marry you... first it was 10, then it was 15, who knows what it's up to now...?>>

32,000,000 silver.

Someone offered my girl 1m once to sleep with them. It was basically an offer of in-game silver for cybersex, and it grossed me out so much my character went and blabbed the offer to his in-game wife.

-K

Artha
08-19-2003, 12:31 AM
You should've done it, and then blabbed.

Dighn Darkbeam
08-19-2003, 01:11 PM
None. Two have had a crush of sorts on Dighn, though one was giantkin and the other an insane Faendryl.

Cheslica
08-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Oye. In just one character or a few? Heh... Really... I can't count anymore. But I will say this.. it all ends with "you don't spend enough time with me... You are always working on your house" or the old fashioned "I want to date you in real life". ::blink, blink:: AHHH! ::heads for the hills::

Artha
08-26-2003, 07:36 PM
So that's how I can get annoying people away from me?

>whisper garr hey, I know you don't know me, but I want to date you in real life. Plz?

StrayRogue
08-27-2003, 06:19 AM
Two, sort of. One that ended along long time ago, and one which is possibly just blossoming now. Or so she hopes.

Betheny
08-27-2003, 07:00 AM
Don't even get me started on that goddamn freak Alex.

Lord Whirlin
08-27-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
Don't even get me started on that goddamn freak Alex.

Try being his son and hearing all the crap that the dirty old man has done... I didn't know who he was before when he adopted me... and its been too long to get out now.

Chyrain
08-27-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Cheslica
Oye. In just one character or a few? Heh... Really... I can't count anymore. But I will say this.. it all ends with "you don't spend enough time with me... You are always working on your house" or the old fashioned "I want to date you in real life". ::blink, blink::

LOL! exactly.

Damina had two. One was when I first started playing some 5 odd years ago. The relationship was so that I don't even remember the character's name (altho the player and I are still buddies as he's played various other characters since) Apparently, it wasn't worth much.

Then she hooked up and had a GM wedding with Randem. That lasted 3 years without so much as a fight between the two of us. Then it got weird and as I wanted to branch out and hang out with other people (because I was kinda bored so I started relationships with Chyrain), I was accused of being neglectful and yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah. I didn't feel I was because the player and I were friends outside the game and I felt I spent enough attention on him outside the game (in IMs or whatever) that it would have worked fine...but apparently I was wrong. Now he and I don't even speak. But I don't have any nasty feelings about him. I doubt seriously that Damina will ever have another relationship.

Chyrain has had 3. All with male rangers. Wudy, Twiggs and now Zeikyel. Still friends with the exes. Still like them all a lot. Probably wouldn't even be bad if I was with any of them. None of them were crazy, none of them were weird and mean. Just had a difference in playing styles that I wasn't 100% happy with. No worries, I don't log into GS to have drama...

[Edited on 8-27-2003 by Chyrain]

Bobmuhthol
08-27-2003, 12:19 PM
If I roll a male ranger, will you totally be my girlfriend?!?!

Chyrain
08-27-2003, 12:21 PM
um..like..if you give me a lot of money and like...stuff!

*twirls hair in finger*

Bobmuhthol
08-27-2003, 12:22 PM
Will 33,000,000 silver work?

SpunGirl
08-27-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
"Someone offered my girl 1m once to sleep with them. It was basically an offer of in-game silver for cybersex, and it grossed me out so much my character went and blabbed the offer to his in-game wife."

Was this Alex? ROFL I rolled up a new character one day and, well, let's just say that your story sounds REMARKABLY familiar. LOL

Daina has been in two relationships, the first (an engagement) ended badly because of OOG complications. The second (a god wedding) she is still in, with my RL partner. That's going on 3 years this month.

Heh, no, sorry. The rogue's name was Jimmye, and his wife's name was Elexa. They both hung out in IMT, though I haven't seen either of them for awhile.

-K

Chyrain
08-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Will 33,000,000 silver work?

my flesh is so weak to bob's gobs of money.

HarmNone
08-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Gah! One of my characters was offered a goodly sum of coin to sleep with Alex, as well. She managed to dissuade him without, hopefully, hurting his feelings. :)

One of my characters was involved in two relationships over years of playing. The first ended badly when the other player had trouble distinguishing real-life from Elanthian life. That player finally left the game.

The second relationship continued for several years, with the understanding that there could be no real-life involvement. However, after awhile, I realized damage was, in fact, being done and real-life feelings were becoming involved for the other individual. Upon that realization, I made it clear that the relationship was one of roleplay only, and that no cybersex would be a part of it, either. Then, I just became less available, and allowed things to cool and the other player moved on, I hope. He is a very nice person, and I wish him well.

My other characters avoided relationships, as their personalities were not of the type to become involved at that level.

HarmNone

Caramia
08-31-2003, 02:54 AM
My main character has had one relationship the entire time I've played. There's been no one who could compare to him, and a brief fling proved disappointing. It made me miss him even more (since he left the game). Things never really ended, one day he was there, one day he wasn't.

Another character has had several short trysts and one long, very hot affair that that is very enjoyable for us both and has never needed any officialization.

Due to the largely young and immature population of the game in recent days, I'm not entering into any new arrangements with any characters. You just can't be too sure who is underage. Too easy to fake photos, documentation, and I know plenty of 15 year olds with nice deep voices. No thanks!