08-27-2012, 03:29 PM
It seems as though no one is interested in relationships. :(

Tgo01
08-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Not true!

a/s/l?

Liagala
08-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Are you kidding? We love relationships here. I mean, the beginning and middle are pretty meh (unless someone slips and chats private stuff on public lnet channels, anyway). But the end of a relationship? That's gold right there. The mudslinging and stories that come out can be years worth of hilarity sometimes.

Anothi
08-27-2012, 06:19 PM
NNNGH!

And I'm spent.

mgoddess
08-27-2012, 06:22 PM
NNNGH!

And I'm spent.
Can't forget the cervix-busting maneuver, before NNNNNGH'ing out!

Lizythia
08-27-2012, 07:58 PM
I dunno, I guess I just have to be more patient! :) I haven't even been playing for a full month yet, so, pfft, what do I know, right? XD

Androidpk
08-27-2012, 07:59 PM
If you're looking for a relationship in a text game you're doing it wrong.

Tgo01
08-27-2012, 08:02 PM
I dunno, I guess I just have to be more patient! :) I haven't even been playing for a full month yet, so, pfft, what do I know, right? XD

Are you playing a female character? Do you remember to giggle and blush a lot?

Are you playing a male character? Do you remember to lean on and smirk a lot at the females who are giggling and blushing a lot?

If you're following the above advice then I have no idea why your character hasn't attracted a suitable mate yet.

Androidpk
08-27-2012, 08:05 PM
You forgot the most important one, bounce!

Tgo01
08-27-2012, 08:07 PM
You forgot the most important one, bounce!

Oh shit! The trifecta right there Lizythia. If you're playing a female character remember to bounce, giggle and blush at every male you come across. You'll have to beat the men off with a stick.

Hell it works with chicks too!

Reliel
08-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Casual encounters? Friendship? COMPANIONSHIP? In a game where role play is mandatory?

Fucking. Impossible.

Lizythia
08-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Seeking friendship mostly. =P I am aware of those verbs though, thank you, lol It's just really quiet in the Landing a lot of the time. It seems to be more crowded these past couple of days, but that's probably because of the auctions going on and all. I could travel to different towns but I hate the idea of leaving town with the feeling that I hadn't been very thorough with my search there.

Reliel
08-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Quiet? Maybe if you're sitting around at 3 AM. I always found someone to talk to or with. You just have to be somewhat interesting.

Or have a text vagina.

Edit: If any "houses" are hosting something or other, you can often spark up a conversation with someone about something. I know Svardin and his group are pretty awesome at making you feel welcome.

Merala
08-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Pick a place where other people frequent. I end up sparking some pretty interesting RP by going to places and just making mundane run of the mill comments. Or you can be like some other people, and blush and giggle when anything male walks in.

Lizythia
08-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Quiet? Maybe if you're sitting around at 3 AM. I always found someone to talk to or with. You just have to be somewhat interesting.

Or have a text vagina.

Edit: If any "houses" are hosting something or other, you can often spark up a conversation with someone about something. I know Svardin and his group are pretty awesome at making you feel welcome.

::shiver:: Thanks for the advice :D

Tgo01
08-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Seeking friendship mostly. =P I am aware of those verbs though, thank you, lol It's just really quiet in the Landing a lot of the time. It seems to be more crowded these past couple of days, but that's probably because of the auctions going on and all. I could travel to different towns but I hate the idea of leaving town with the feeling that I hadn't been very thorough with my search there.

Where do you hang out in the Landing? Are you sure you're in the right spot? The best thing would be to hang out in a latched room with the door unlatched and wait for someone to walk in.

Lizythia
08-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Pick a place where other people frequent. I end up sparking some pretty interesting RP by going to places and just making mundane run of the mill comments. Or you can be like some other people, and blush and giggle when anything male walks in.

Women in the game blush and giggle when anything male walks in? Funny that I hadn't noticed such behavior going on around me before.

Reliel
08-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Women in the game blush and giggle when anything male walks in? Funny that I hadn't noticed such behavior going on around me before.

It's a running gag. Though if you play a typical "I'm handsome." cookie cutter type of character, you'll make some pretty slutty friends. Or enemies.

I end up sparking some pretty interesting RP by going to places and just making mundane run of the mill comments.
Pretty much this.

Stanley Burrell
08-27-2012, 08:35 PM
I did not know the bounce thing was a mating call. I thought it was a Halfling thing and did it unendingly with my female Halfling character. Gods, what have I done?

Edit: 10. Slang . to eject, expel, or dismiss summarily or forcibly.

That seems kinda dude'ish to me?

Anothi
08-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Almost makes me want to break out Anothi again.

Almost...

Wheelerm
08-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Where do you hang out in the Landing?

I see what you did there...smooth...;)

leifastagsweed
08-27-2012, 09:28 PM

Leifa will be your friend! I like friends. :)

Lizythia
08-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Leifa will be your friend! I like friends. :)

Hehe, kays! :3

Makkah
08-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Slap the shiney.

4a6c1
08-29-2012, 01:32 AM
http://i32.tinypic.com/spcbus.jpg

IT NEEDED TO BE SAID

WRoss
08-29-2012, 01:40 AM
I just picked your box

Tgo01
08-29-2012, 01:51 AM
I just picked your box

The giggle/blush/bounce combo works every time.

Warriorbird
08-29-2012, 02:26 AM
The giggle/blush/bounce combo works every time.

For a guy, you can add the "Blue Steel" raise eyebrow. Grin mischievously works for everybody too.

Tisket
08-29-2012, 03:52 AM
The dudes who "...gazes at nothing in particular." is totally irresistible. It's that hard to get vibe that the blushing, bouncing, giggling sort fall for every time.

Tisket
08-29-2012, 03:55 AM
::shiver::

Don't do that anymore. This is a fucking message board, not "Elves Gone Wild."

Use your words.

Androidpk
08-29-2012, 05:38 AM

Use your words.

Tell that to Smyte.

Reliel
08-29-2012, 05:43 AM

Use your words.

Being in lnet around people who ::chuckle:: or ::giggle:: or ::grin:: constantly has made me immune to that type of stuff.

Tisket
08-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Tell that to Smyte.

I have.

Jess78080
08-29-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't see the landing as the best place for RP lately. Maybe I just haven't found the right people. I know you said you don't want to leave but try Icemule. It's pretty great there sometimes as far as RP goes. That way you can go back to landing whenever. Vaalor has been pretty good too. Some people like RR for RP purposes, but that's far as well.

iJin
08-29-2012, 02:29 PM
The dudes who "...gazes at nothing in particular." is totally irresistible. It's that hard to get vibe that the blushing, bouncing, giggling sort fall for every time.

Swoon.

If only there were some awesome Lornonians around still. ;___;

Divinity
08-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Anothi returning? Oh man.. the trouble.

Aurawyn will be around until the 3rd of September. We can be friends for that long!

Anothi
08-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Anothi returning? Oh man.. the trouble.

Aurawyn will be around until the 3rd of September. We can be friends for that long!

Don't go starting rumors now! I said almost. Wifey doesn't like this game because of some of the nutty females in this game as it is. :P

Divinity
08-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Well, considering I just got negative rep and the confusing comment with it.. I'd tend to agree with you. Lol

You're leaving? Great. You must be the most unhappy white- trash bitch on the whole east coast to do what you do. Bravo on playing both sides of the fence, really. You'd do well to keep your mouth shut and your nose out of other people's business.

^ 0_o?

Reliel
08-31-2012, 09:51 PM
I don't see the landing as the best place for RP lately. Maybe I just haven't found the right people. I know you said you don't want to leave but try Icemule. It's pretty great there sometimes as far as RP goes. That way you can go back to landing whenever. Vaalor has been pretty good too. Some people like RR for RP purposes, but that's far as well.

Vaalor can be one of the best places to find an RP. If you're an Elf. Or if you want copious amounts of racism.

jpatter123
08-31-2012, 10:13 PM
this thread has male playing female written all over it

Self Enchanted
09-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Just do your thing, hunt, heal, whatever. In time you'll meet others- I always like the house hunts.

Farenxdesign
10-21-2012, 07:18 AM
I mean, the beginning and middle are pretty meh (unless someone slips and chats private stuff on public lnet channels, anyway). But the end of a relationship? That's gold right there.

Asha
10-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Wow.

FlayedAngel
10-21-2012, 08:43 AM
It seems as though no one is interested in relationships. :(
I really thought this was another bot-thread, instead it's a legit thread about not finding anyone to RP with. Irony abounds!

From my admittedly more limited experience, Landing has plenty of RP going on -- you just kinda have to find it. Or instigate it. Sitting in TSC is a good start, but sometimes you just need to get the ball rolling a li'l bit. ...shush, pervs.

:yeahthat:

Also, "yeah that" with sadface props to the 3 AM bit. Fucking. Deserted.

Or you can be like some other people, and blush and giggle when anything walks in.
Hey, quit ganking my MO! :D