PDA

View Full Version : max light/deep

Rallorick
08-22-2012, 09:25 PM
quick question, and it's likely been asked and answered before... sorry.

is max light/max deep correlated to the inspect term that says 'this item cannot get any lighter and it's pockets can't get any deeper'. (or something close to that)

I know there's a relationship between weight and capacity at max standard, but is it common to find items that cannot be made to reach those ratios?

PoBoy
08-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Analyze will tell you if it can be made deeper or lighter.

You will sometimes find critter drops that are max light and max deep. Found an ugly cloak a few weeks ago that is max light and max deep. Tossed it in a locker until I can get on a merchant list to alter it.

jpatter123
08-22-2012, 09:55 PM
something just being max light/deep is meaningless some belt worn containers max out at small amount (max deepened) while some belt worn can go to very large amount (max deep). Max lightening works the same way something could be max light for that item.. say a backpack and be 12 pounds while another backpack that is not max light could only weigh 7 and still be lightened more. Max light/deep just refers to the fact the item cannot, by any means, get lighter or deeper and not that it is the lightest/deepest item of that type.
So yes to the OP it is in correlation to what you posted.

Archigeek
08-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Most people agree that it's best to deepen an item first, and then lighten it. The reason being that for each deepening you gain alot more capacity, than the pounds you lose with each lightening. So unless you really have weight issues, you'll get the most bang for your buck by max deepening first, and then lightening.

jpatter123
08-22-2012, 10:03 PM
to further expand on your question as far as the treasure system.. there usually is a correlation between the items base weight and what it can hold. For instance a cloak weighing just a couple pounds probably will only hold 80-90 pounds and a greatcloak weighing 8-11 pounds may hold 120 pounds. This is general terms and GMs can and do make items outside of the norms during merchant event or special items dropped into the treasure system.

Rallorick
08-22-2012, 10:31 PM
thanks all. totally answered my question. It sounds like you shouldn't generally find the WTF backpack that weighs 8 pounds and holds 80, but says it can't be further lightened or deepened - outside of it being done by a GM on purpose. I guess that was what I was trying to get it

jpatter123
08-22-2012, 10:39 PM
oh no you definitely can find items that say they can no longer be lightened/deepened.

Archigeek
08-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah that's largely random. You can also on some occasions find some pretty nice max light/deep containers.