PDA

View Full Version : Spell Prep

StrayRogue
07-12-2004, 06:37 PM
I got this at the Spitfire and its still annoying me. As its going to be permanent and always on show I want this to be perfect. I'm changing my 400's list. Currently I have:

With a slight gesture and a quiet incant, Stay draws arcane sorceries to his command...
Wisps of dark energy begin to coil upward from Stay's palm as he incants an arcane sorcerery to his command...
Intoning verses of accent-ridden Faendryl, dark energy erupts from Stay's palms as he invokes the XXX spell....
Quietly intoning verses of near-forgotten Faendryl, dark energy suddenly erupts from Stay's palms as he invokes the XXX spell....

I'm getting annoyed not being able to get it right. Any help?

Numbers
07-12-2004, 07:28 PM
First thing, will a GM even allow you to have messaging relating to Sorcery and dark energy for the 400's circle? The 700 circle, maybe, but 400 is purely elemental.

Second thing, there's no such thing as "sorceries." There's also no such thing as "an arcane sorcerery."

I'm also not sure if they'll allow the Faendryl references, especially the "near-forgotten."

The first thing you should do is try to find out if the "dark" messaging would be allowed for the 400 circle. If not, then you'll either have to have your 700's changed to the dark messaging (I'm assuming that you're having this alter done for a sorcerer,) or you'll have to think up more elemental-related messaging if you're set on sticking with the 400's.

Trinitis
07-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Stay is a rogue, FYI :)

Kitsun
07-12-2004, 09:24 PM
With a word of power, Stay's palm begins to flare dark tendrils...

Uttering quietly, Stay's eyes begin to emit murky shadowys that twist and coil rhythmically...

With a quick gesture, dark globes begin to spiral around Stay's fist...

Is that something closer to what you're looking for? The ancient, forgotten Faendryl stuff can get kinda clunky and odd sounding. It might be better to focus on what you see him doing and leverage the effect.

Artha
07-12-2004, 10:28 PM
Intoning verses of accent-ridden Faendryl, dark energy erupts from Stay's palms as he invokes the XXX spell....
Quietly intoning verses of near-forgotten Faendryl, dark energy suddenly erupts from Stay's palms as he invokes the XXX spell....

I think you should go with one of these, but change 'accent-ridden Faendryl' or 'near-forgotten Faendryl' to something like 'an alien language'.

StrayRogue
07-13-2004, 07:09 AM
I'm allowed dark stuff. I don't understand how dark/arcane sorcieries don't exist.